• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

Lochte seems like such a dumbass

At least he escaped!

ryan-lochte-e1344022719308.jpg

Castlin looked so nice in the intro. Damn.

I'm torn between hurdlers, volleyball, and field hockey.

Weird in this story about the robbery they didn't mention that Lochte seemed to have his wallet in that surveillance video.

I watched the surveillance video again online. Def looks to be just his cell phone and not a wallet.

Wasting a hell of a lot of time on this story when they should be showing events. Report this story tomorrow morning, no one cares now. Moving on to the Brazil-Argentina volleyball.

Not to mention that it just reeks of Brazilian justice strongarming them for no reason.

Jamaicans are fast. Also, is it sexist to say that I could watch Schippers fall in slow motion for a week without losing interest?

If so I'm sexist too, because I could watch her do almost anything and lose interest.

Volleyball players are stupid. How can you serve into a net when it is 23-23 and you are facing elimnation? Happened last night too.

Most don't play in the US. For example - my wife's younger cousin went and played in Italy, my sister played in England. For good but not elite international players like them, the money isn't great (and often is supplemented by coaching/training on the side) - more of the life experience thing (both are back in the states now and not playing anymore). For the elite international level players they can make quite a decent living playing in Europe (often in eastern Europe / Turkey). Nearly all of the USA Olympic team plays professional in those leagues - I know Jordan Larson plays in Turkey, for example.

I have less clue how the beach financials work, but the AVP tour is pretty popular and I assume the top teams do fairly well in terms of prize money and sponsorships.

Exactly. You can make a better living playing beach volleyball than court. And you can live in the US.

Or those dudes were looking for drugs/hookers and just got got by a savvy cabby and his buds, and they're too embarrassed or scared to admit it.

Who knows, but yeah, they should definitely not take time away from real sports for this biz.

Sprinters >>>swimmers in terms of hotness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any body think this robbery thing is going to be about something bigger or worse? Awfully fishy that Lochte's story changed 3 or 4 times and he flew home before the rest of the team. Drugs or prostitution maybe?

Or those dudes were looking for drugs/hookers and just got got by a savvy cabby and his buds, and they're too embarrassed or scared to admit it.

Who knows, but yeah, they should definitely not take time away from real sports for this biz.

Was thinking they probably hit up that brothel where Beiber goes, got their shit stolen, and made up a story.

Cool to see Thompson win and loved that Bolt 200 heat. Definitely been rooting for the Caribbean countries as much as the US in track. Well, plus that South African dude.

Back