• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 rio olympic thread

Some guy on the Today show just said that Lochte was too dumb to make up the story. "He's not the kind who can weave a brilliant tale..."

So two swimmers now detained in rio thanks to lochte. What an idiot.

Some guy on the Today show just said that Lochte was too dumb to make up the story. "He's not the kind who can weave a brilliant tale..."

Hmmmm, I can see that, but a dumb story usually comes from a dumb person so....

There's a bee in your bouquet...

8lFfimk.gif

Uhm...I'm done swimming, so let's party...at the FRENCH HOSPITALITY house...into the wee hours.

Remember, in the actual Olympic Village, the #1 thing you will find, other than bug spray in Rio, is...condoms.

They went out, apparently, which is their right of course, and then had an issue on the way back, in Rio. Rio ain't that safe. Nothing shocking about any of this.

That's a ridiculous thing to get worked up over.

Uhm...I'm done swimming, so let's party...at the FRENCH HOSPITALITY house...into the wee hours.

Remember, in the actual Olympic Village, the #1 thing you will find, other than bug spray in Rio, is...condoms.

They went out, apparently, which is their right of course, and then had an issue on the way back, in Rio. Rio ain't that safe. Nothing shocking about any of this.

Doesn't Lochte have a girlfiriend? Could just be that he didn't want his GF to know he was banging some french chick, so he made up the robbery thing.

Wouldn't making up a robbery bring significantly more attention to where they were that night? Isn't it most likely that the stories were different due to them being drunk and/or embellishing it a little?

ABC reporter tweeting that there's security footage showing an American swimmer breaking down a bathroom door and getting into a fight with a security guard at a gas station.

Wouldn't making up a robbery bring significantly more attention to where they were that night? Isn't it most likely that the stories were different due to them being drunk and/or embellishing it a little?

This all started with Lochte telling his mom and his mom then telling the press. I don't think he or the others reported anything initially

Not if they were coming back much later than the should've been and wanted to make up story why they were late. I have no idea if it's true, if it was embellished, or whatever. Just speculating.

I have no idea what is the truth or not.

I am just not at all surprised by this take.

I don't think it's some kind of Republican hot take to think that pulling dudes off a plane and confiscating their passports is ridiculous and excessive. They didn't kill anybody.

If they were looking for hookers and/or drugs, it wouldn't be hard to find either in Rio. Rio is crawling with them at every hotel and club. During Carnival, regular girls fly into Rio just to hook for a few days. The Olympics has gotta be that times 100. Or they could just bang any number of willing girls at the OV or in town seeing as they are American swimmers and won their weight in gold.

Or maybe he did fib for whatever reason. Doesn't justify pulling a couple kids off the plane. It's not like Rio's reputation was tarnished any more by this incident than it was when the Chinese guy was puked on as part of a ruse to rob him or than it was in general prior to that.

Back