• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Strength of Schedule

21 Wake
52 Ohio State
53 Nebraska
55 Michigan
57 Louisville
60 Penn State

So who's really challenging themselves?

Happy Appy one out of DFL. Why we schedule these fucks is beyond me. A must win for us and the Rose Bowl to them. Add to that we are going there for the possible season killer.

Happy Appy one out of DFL. Why we schedule these fucks is beyond me. A must win for us and the Rose Bowl to them. Add to that we are going there for the possible season killer.

Yep. Big mistake to play them and unforgivable to agree to a home-and-home.

The Big Ten should be ashamed. One preseason top 25 sos and it's Maryland. Same goes for the Big 12, only one in the top 25, Texas Tech. There's a reason Clemson waxed OU and tOSU back to back years in the playoff...

Lol at Wake Forest being Apps rose bowl when they open at Georgia. That ranking has everything to do with Apps Sun Belt schedule and the conference being terrible as a whole. App projected to finish first in the sun belt and avoid playing 2-4 with the way the schedules line up

Lol at Wake Forest being Apps rose bowl when they open at Georgia. That ranking has everything to do with Apps Sun Belt schedule and the conference being terrible as a whole. App projected to finish first in the sun belt and avoid playing 2-4 with the way the schedules line up

Getting a marquee Power 5 conference win is much more likely at home against Wake than it is at Georgia, so I would expect Appy to be just as pumped for our game as that one if not more.

You have no sense of history. Plenty of App fans would trade a W over Georgia for one over Wake. Just like ECU would rather beat a UNC or State over any other teams they may play.

1st in the sun belt ftmfw!

You have no sense of history. Plenty of App fans would trade a W over Georgia for one over Wake. Just like ECU would rather beat a UNC or State over any other teams they may play.

Jesus F that reads like a Donald Trump tweet

I love that we're playing App. We don't have a ton of away games that are so close, so there should be good fan support. Plus, it's an excuse for a weekend in the mountains. Our expectation should be to beat App State. I think we will and it will be a great time.

I love that we're playing App. We don't have a ton of away games that are so close, so there should be good fan support. Plus, it's an excuse for a weekend in the mountains. Our expectation should be to beat App State. I think we will and it will be a great time.

You better get some tix through Wake or go ahead and find some now. I expect App will sell this game out as fast as Miami did last year. The week of the canes game those tix were going well over 200 a pop. Also get to Boone early that morning if you don't wanna have to walk from the WalMart to the rock. Absolutely no parking in that town.

You better get some tix through Wake or go ahead and find some now. I expect App will sell this game out as fast as Miami did last year. The week of the canes game those tix were going well over 200 a pop. Also get to Boone early that morning if you don't wanna have to walk from the WalMart to the rock. Absolutely no parking in that town.

I bought them through Deacon club as soon as they went on sale after seeing what happened with the Miami ticket prices.

Game isn't sold out yet. Tickets on sale to general public Tuesday, thus far only available to Yosef/Deacon club members. Tickets never made it to the general public sale vs Miami

Jesus F that reads like a Donald Trump tweet

LOL. A Trump tweet would be more like:

"App fans would rather have a win over lowly Wake Forrest instead of Georgia where I won big over Corrupt Hillary. Sad!"

Next up. A home and home with UNC Charlotte. A win over App State gives our program zero. We should do zero to enhance a program this close to us.

Next up. A home and home with UNC Charlotte. A win over App State gives our program zero. We should do zero to enhance a program this close to us.

Totally disagree. Coming off the mountain with a win at The Rock against a team with a national profile (arguably stronger than ours due to the still-evident Michigan factor) and a conference favorite will go a long way in defining our season. I hope we're 4-0 after that game and have momentum going into a very difficult conference season.

Getting a marquee Power 5 conference win is much more likely at home against Wake than it is at Georgia, so I would expect Appy to be just as pumped for our game as that one if not more.

LOL. In what alternative universe is a football win over Wake Forest considered to be a "marquee win"....by anyone? The reality is that Wake Forest is the team that everyone wants to play for Homecoming.

Wake Forest has "competed"....to give the term an extremely casual definition....in football in the ACC for the past 64 years. Here are the results:

Seasons with 3 or fewer total losses: 1
Seasons with 3 or fewer total wins: 31

Seasons with more than 7 total wins: 5 (And three of those came during Jim Grobe's 2006-08 miracle run)
Seasons with more than 7 total losses: 24

Seasons with a winning record in the ACC: 9
Seasons with a losing record in the ACC: 49

Back-To-Back Overall Winning Seasons: 5
Back-To-Back Overall Losing Seasons: 35

Back