• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Strength of Schedule

Have we ever been 40 favorites, ever, like we are against Presby? I remember some -33 point lines during Grobe's years against a FCS team.

Have we ever been 40 favorites, ever, like we are against Presby? I remember some -33 point lines during Grobe's years against a FCS team.

PC is a pitiful team. Scored under 95 points the entire year last season. Only 2 wins were against Campbell and Monmouth .

PC is a pitiful team. Scored under 95 points the entire year last season. Only 2 wins were against Campbell and Monmouth .

Good H.S. football in South Carolina and not everyone can go to Clemson or USC, but Coastal Carolina has moved up to FBS and tough to compete with Wofford & Furman (Greenville/Spartanburg) and the Charleston schools for the next level of recruits.

Good H.S. football in South Carolina and not everyone can go to Clemson or USC, but Coastal Carolina has moved up to FBS and tough to compete with Wofford & Furman (Greenville/Spartanburg) and the Charleston schools for the next level of recruits.

PC should have never made the jump from D-II.

App State also pulls a lot of players from SC.

I read somewhere that Syracuse plays 11 of their 12 games against teams that were in bowl games in 2016--Cent Conn, MTSU, Cent Mich, LSU, NC St, Pitt, Clemson, Miami, FSU, Wake, Louisville, BC. That has to be as tough as anybody's schedule out there! For comparison sake, we play 7 teams that were in bowl games and have 4-8 Notre Dame along with 3-9 Utah State on there plus 4-8 Duke and Presby.

I read somewhere that Syracuse plays 11 of their 12 games against teams that were in bowl games in 2016--Cent Conn, MTSU, Cent Mich, LSU, NC St, Pitt, Clemson, Miami, FSU, Wake, Louisville, BC. That has to be as tough as anybody's schedule out there! For comparison sake, we play 7 teams that were in bowl games and have 4-8 Notre Dame along with 3-9 Utah State on there plus 4-8 Duke and Presby.

Grading a team's schedule by the previous season's bowl appearances is not an accurate method to determine strength of schedule. WF plays at ND; Cuse plays MTSU and Central Michigan; ND would be favored by double digits against each even though C Michigan and MTSU went bowling and ND did not.

Hard to believe that at one time; Cuse was considered an upper-tier football program.

Grading a team's schedule by the previous season's bowl appearances is not an accurate method to determine strength of schedule. WF plays at ND; Cuse plays MTSU and Central Michigan; ND would be favored by double digits against each even though C Michigan and MTSU went bowling and ND did not.

Hard to believe that at one time; Cuse was considered an upper-tier football program.

It used to be 'running back U'

Well, Cuse also plays LSU and gets Miami and Pitt from the Coastal. That's pretty nasty and significantly tougher than Wake.

Hard to believe that at one time; Cuse was considered an upper

Maybe, maybe not Pilch. But that is what they usually have when they do it. Why in the world are you and others afraid of playing at 4-8 Notre Dame and consider them some top tier program when little old 4-8 Duke went up there and beat them last year? Notre Dame being "favored" in games is all Vegas hogwash based on blown up odds and not what they usually do on the field. They were probably favored in most of their games last year by the same and still, they finished 4-8 and Kelly is on the hot seat. Meanwhile the little old Central Michigan you mentioned went on the road in the 2nd week of the season as about 15 point underdogs and whipped highly ranked OK St in Stillwater 30-27.

App will likely sell out our game today. As of an hour ago they had less than 100 reserved seats and 200 GA tickets left, now it looks like there are only hill seats.

However, if any other Wake folks want to go my ticket rep said we have around 300 left in our section.

It used to be 'running back U'

Hard to believe that at one time; Cuse was considered an upper-tier football program

It's hard to believe that Notre Dame is considered an upper tier football program? They are a national football program in how they are covered, but look up their record overall since Lou Holtz left and see what they have done! They had a streak of 9 consecutive losses in bowl games from 1995-2007. When they some how got Pitt to miss a FG and squeaked into the Natty a few years ago, they got absolutely hammered by Bama 42-14. When they got into a New Years game against real competition against Ohio State a few years ago they got hammered 44-28. They do have a few bowl wins in the Pinstripe, Hawaii, Music City & Sun Bowls.

People need to quit being afraid of the Irish. They are big in name only just like Texas has been of late and Michigan before Harbaugh.

Central Michigan blows. Don't try to equate them to Notre Dame. Yes, CMU beat OK State. They also lost to:

UVA by 14
W. Michigan by 39
Toledo
Kent State
Miami (o)
E. Michigan
Tulsa

MTSU lost to:

Vandy by 23
UTSA by 20
Marshall by 25
Hawaii by 17
Bama by 55

With 30+ bowl games now, every 5 or 6 loss team, even those from crappy conferences like the MAC and C-USA get bowl bids. So, playing a "bowl team" from the year prior is not an indicator of how strong team is or not.

ND is a far stronger and more talented team than either CMU or MTSU. If you can't see that, there is no hope for you to understand college football.

Last year final sagarin ratings.

ND 51
CMU 119
MTSU 123

Vegas odds are based on team strengths. They might play to a fanbase, but if the spread from actual was too pronounced, the betting public would take them to the cleaners.

App will likely sell out our game today. As of an hour ago they had less than 100 reserved seats and 200 GA tickets left, now it looks like there are only hill seats.

However, if any other Wake folks want to go my ticket rep said we have around 300 left in our section.

We got 12 for our group and I think they were each $60. Much better than the secondary market, so I would recommend anybody looking to go to call our ticket office, as it's the rare Wake game that buying through the office is a better deal than elsewhere.

We got 12 for our group and I think they were each $60. Much better than the secondary market, so I would recommend anybody looking to go to call our ticket office, as it's the rare Wake game that buying through the office is a better deal than elsewhere.

Correct. We added 2 today and should have 18 in our group.

$60 to see a Wake-App game that won't even be on TV. Wow.

$60 to see a Wake-App game that won't even be on TV. Wow.

No t.v.; is that confirmed? if so, no worries about a noon kickoff.
I sure hope we can sell out our allotment; will be very disappointed if there are a bunch of APP fans in our section.
Parking for an APP game is terrible if you don't have a lot pass or know the secret spots; would be nice if the Deacon Club could reserve a a lot somewhere for tailgating with a shuttle option over to the stadium.

Back