• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Strength of Schedule

I'm excited for the App game and believe the team is too. It's important for Wake to win from an in-state recruiting standpoint.

LOL. In what alternative universe is a football win over Wake Forest considered to be a "marquee win"....by anyone? The reality is that Wake Forest is the team that everyone wants to play for Homecoming.

Wake Forest has "competed"....to give the term an extremely casual definition....in football in the ACC for the past 64 years. Here are the results:

Seasons with 3 or fewer total losses: 1
Seasons with 3 or fewer total wins: 31

Seasons with more than 7 total wins: 5 (And three of those came during Jim Grobe's 2006-08 miracle run)
Seasons with more than 7 total losses: 24

Seasons with a winning record in the ACC: 9
Seasons with a losing record in the ACC: 49

Back-To-Back Overall Winning Seasons: 5
Back-To-Back Overall Losing Seasons: 35

I think I speak for the entirety of the board when I say (and I don't say this lightly or frequently to anybody), fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off and troll another message board.

We get it, you don't like Wake, you don't like Wake football, and yet you continue to troll, denigrate, and antagonize the entire board.

Just do it somewhere else, anywhere else.

I cannot fathom spending as much time as you do on a message board devoted solely to the purpose of trying to piss off people for some unknown reason. I understand that you don't care for Wake, so stop posting on a Wake Forest message board where other people are extremely passionate.

It makes no sense at all. I understand that what you posted is factually correct and nobody is refuting that. It's no truer the 100th time you post it than the first 99 times. We are all aware of the history of Wake Forest football.

Last edited:
This is why I didn't like scheduling unc as a non-conf. I'd rather have a sixth win and a bowl game than a trip to 'holeville. If they beat us, the 'holes won't shut up about it. If we win, they still won't shut up. Remember what a bowl victory has meant to this board over the last seven months.

I think I speak for the entirety of the board when I say (and I don't say this lightly or frequently to anybody), fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off and troll another message board.

We get it, you don't like Wake, you don't like Wake football, and yet you continue to troll, denigrate, and antagonize the entire board.

I cannot fathom spending as much time as you do on a message board devoted solely to the purpose of trying to piss off people for some unknown reason. I understand that you don't care for Wake, so stop posting on a Wake Forest message board where other people are extremely passionate.

It makes no sense at all. I understand that what you posted is factually correct and nobody is refuting that. It's no truer the 100th time you post it than the first 99 times. We are all aware of the history of Wake Forest football.

How arrogantly presumptuous of you to assume that you are entitled to speak for anyone on these boards other than yourself....and even more so to presume that you have any right whatsoever to tell me or any other poster what, when or where they should be allowed to post. 27-year old 2012 grad, right? Grow up a little bit. Sometimes in life people say things that you do not like to hear. The boards have an ignore function to alleviate this. If the truth offends you so much, I suggest that you consider using it.

How arrogantly presumptuous of you to assume that you are entitled to speak for anyone on these boards other than yourself....and even more so to presume that you have any right whatsoever to tell me or any other poster what, when or where they should be allowed to post. 27-year old 2012 grad, right? Grow up a little bit. Sometimes in life people say things that you do not like to hear. The boards have an ignore function to alleviate this. If the truth offends you so much, I suggest that you consider using it.

This has to be the least self aware post I've read in a long time.

Amen and amen.

Obviously I was hyperbolizing a bit when I said "the entirety", but it was simply for emphasis. Based on the rep I got in a short period of time it is definitely an opinion held by a lot of people who frequent these boards.

Once again Bob, it's not what you say, as nobody would refute you on the fact that Wake has been futile at football throughout the history, but the condescension and broken record of saying it.

The fact that in back to back sentences you tell me that "people say things you don't like to hear", and "ignore (the truth) if it offends me" is completely hypocritical.

You just said: "grow up and listen to things you don't want to hear, oh but if you don't like them then just shut it out completely with the ignore function."

Not to mention that I somehow managed to make it off of your ignore list, which you have said at least 5+ times that I was on.

Your shtick is tiring because all you do is antagonize people. It's more or less trolling because you have no real intent to engage with people, just to inflame and enrage.

You are welcome to continue to do what you do, just as I am welcome to tell you that I think you should get the hell out of here because you are just a drag to the community as a whole in your current iteration of a poster.

Maybe in three years you will once again completely reverse your mindset of politics, sports, and reasoning, so we will see I guess.

Last edited:
LOL. In what alternative universe is a football win over Wake Forest considered to be a "marquee win"....by anyone? The reality is that Wake Forest is the team that everyone wants to play for Homecoming.

Wake Forest has "competed"....to give the term an extremely casual definition....in football in the ACC for the past 64 years. Here are the results:

Seasons with more than 7 total wins: 5 (And three of those came during Jim Grobe's 2006-08 miracle run)

It has less to do with Wake Forest and everything to do with UGA/SEC

I mean, App would love to beat Wake, sure. But to imply they want that game more so than UGA is truly laughable. App has seven wins over Wake already. What's one more other than it being at home? Compare that to never beating UGA, never beating an SEC opponent, and UGA picked to win their division, you get the idea.

I was supposedly on Bud Talley's ignore list too. 75 going on 8.

He seemed to have been gone for several weeks. Did ANYBODY miss his continuous repetitive broken record droning.

I think he is undoubtedly the worst poster of any Wake Forest board.

Last edited:
You better get some tix through Wake or go ahead and find some now. I expect App will sell this game out as fast as Miami did last year. The week of the canes game those tix were going well over 200 a pop. Also get to Boone early that morning if you don't wanna have to walk from the WalMart to the rock. Absolutely no parking in that town.

Most wake fans will arrive in cars. It's hitching posts that are in short supply

I think you should fuck off too.

I'd take rulz and lovington back, along with their love child if bobknightfan would retire from the boards.

It has less to do with Wake Forest and everything to do with UGA/SEC

I mean, App would love to beat Wake, sure. But to imply they want that game more so than UGA is truly laughable. App has seven wins over Wake already. What's one more other than it being at home? Compare that to never beating UGA, never beating an SEC opponent, and UGA picked to win their division, you get the idea.

This is the correct answer too.

Yes App wants to get their first P5 win since moving up to the FBS, but any Wake fan is just fooling themselves if they think a win over Wake (in Boone) would mean half as much as a win over Georgia in Athens.

Arent you the same poster that can't figure out the modern football age started at the 85 scholarship limit and before that Wake had legitimate reasons not to be able to compete. That limit along with equal access to media and equal fund sharing in a P5 conference leaves us with no excuses today. Further arent you the poster who said we can't raise funds "like Duke does" and we promptly dropped about $30 million to go along with the $millions on stadium renovation way before Duke did it. You are the worst when presented with evidence that proves your mired in 1960 arguments fallacious.

This is the correct answer too.

Yes App wants to get their first P5 win since moving up to the FBS, but any Wake fan is just fooling themselves if they think a win over Wake (in Boone) would mean half as much as a win over Georgia in Athens.

Well yeah. Wake fans still talk about our 1979 win at Athens.

I know we used to play very close games with Appy State every year but weren't they in the Southern Conference back then and haven't they moved up and aren't they much better than way back when?

Won't we be 7-10 point dogs in that game?

I know we used to play very close games with Appy State every year but weren't they in the Southern Conference back then and haven't they moved up and aren't they much better than way back when?

Won't we be 7-10 point dogs in that game?

Doubt it. Will probably be pick unless App beats UGA, which won't happen. Could see -2 either way

Back