• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Peters needs to go, Faulk needs to go, Ryan is trash, Skinner seems to turn every goalie into Patrick Roy when he gets wide open shots so let him go do that elsewhere too. Let old man Francis fade into the mist, forget even giving him some obligatory title. Give Zykov, and Nedeljkovic a friggin chance. Send Darling back to AA, I seriously feel like he may have fallen off the wagon after moving to Raleigh because he doesn’t even look like the guy I watched in Chi town. You have tops 5 years to get this dumpster fire under control before Dundon has no choice to look at Houston, or hell anywhere that hasn’t been subjected to a decade of underperforming, or overwhelmed hockey teams. Sorry that was about 6 months of ranting I’ve been holding in there.

All of this. Darling is terrible (i’m biased tho because my 4 yo does tap with Cam’s daughter!). It’s really impressive to not make the playoffs for a decade in today’s NHL.

Cam is fine as a backup. Another year or so and he’ll be retirement ready anyway.

Darling is awful. Just dreadful. He’s got an 0.889 SV%. It’s almost impressive to be that bad.

Keep playing him. Let's be smart for once and suck down the stretch to improve our lottery odds

Also, the Hawks have been eliminated from playoff contention. Not unexpected, but still crazy to type out.

There’s a lot that has to change about the Canes. This team flat out quits when it gets tough. Not everyone, but enough players do that it’s time for major roster shakeups. And maybe Peters needs to go, too since it’s clear the team has tuned him out.

I think I’d keep Staal, Williams, Aho, Teravainen, Slavin, Hanifin, and Pesce. Anyone else is expendable. I will say McGinn is one guy who has no quit in him, even if he is replaceable.

There’s a lot that has to change about the Canes. This team flat out quits when it gets tough. Not everyone, but enough players do that it’s time for major roster shakeups. And maybe Peters needs to go, too since it’s clear the team has tuned him out.

I think I’d keep Staal, Williams, Aho, Teravainen, Slavin, Hanifin, and Pesce. Anyone else is expendable. I will say McGinn is one guy who has no quit in him, even if he is replaceable.

Rinse repeat every year

The East is down to 9 teams for 8 spots.

The West is where the action is at: 6 points separate 8 teams (this is excluding the Perds/Vegas/Jets locks) in the playoff hunt.

How many had the Preds, Knights and Jets as "locks" this year? Nashville probably so, but figured the Jets would be a bubble team, but their youth is gelling better than I expected. But the VGK?? Wut.

And speaking of the Caps, is it possible they could draw Philly (the higher seeded WC) in the first round? Brutal. Hoping the Pens have to play the Bruins and get expunged in round 1.

Rinse repeat every year

I don’t get it, man. There’s no discernible reason for it to be this way. We’ve replaced coaches, players, GM’s, and even the owner and still they are plagued by the same problems every year. It doesn’t make sense.

Need some top-end talent. Wish Francis had been aggressive and gone out and got Taylor Hall when he was available

The Dallas collapse down the stretch is so disheartening. I'm going to struggle to renew my seats.

How many had the Preds, Knights and Jets as "locks" this year? Nashville probably so, but figured the Jets would be a bubble team, but their youth is gelling better than I expected. But the VGK?? Wut.

And speaking of the Caps, is it possible they could draw Philly (the higher seeded WC) in the first round? Brutal. Hoping the Pens have to play the Bruins and get expunged in round 1.

Rangers have been first round kryptonite for the Caps the last few playoffs.

Back