• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Flyers goalie situation is.......fluid. Brian Elliott still out and may or may not get any game action before the regular season ends.

Battle for second place in the Metro tonight in Columbus as the Penguins come to town. We're going to see some early NHL playoff level hockey tonight. A nice appetizer to a potential series between the two next week.

Blues @ Avs Saturday night shaping up to be a play-in game.

Possible -- tho I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs take care of biz tonight and the Blues fail to beat the Hawks.

Don't want StL in -- Mike Yeo's teams play such a boring style

Possible -- tho I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs take care of biz tonight and the Blues fail to beat the Hawks.

Don't want StL in -- Mike Yeo's teams play such a boring style

Oh, it's happening as both of these squads limp to the backdoor.

Interestingly, the Blues result tonight DOES matter. A regulation/OT win for St. Louis means they only need to force OT Saturday night to make the playoffs. A SO win means they only need to force a SO Saturday night.

The best scenario for a neutral observer, though, would be a St. Louis loss in Chicago (which I fully expect to happen) - that means Saturday night becomes a true play-in game.

Oh, it's happening as both of these squads limp to the backdoor.

Interestingly, the Blues result tonight DOES matter. A regulation/OT win for St. Louis means they only need to force OT Saturday night to make the playoffs. A SO win means they only need to force a SO Saturday night.

The best scenario for a neutral observer, though, would be a St. Louis loss in Chicago (which I fully expect to happen) - that means Saturday night becomes a true play-in game.

Yeah, def could be fun scenarios. I kinda want the Blues to win in a shootout tonight just for the added variable that the Avs would need to win the game tomorrow before it goes to a shootout, could make for an insane OT period if it gets there

Last edited:
My avs...look hungry for the first time in a while...20 min to playoffs

Congrats - dfl to playoffs is impressive.

And Vegas winning the Pacific in their first season. What a year.

Back