• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Hahaha, good for Luongo, but that means he is now teammates with Tim Thomas, which is the funniest thing ever.

I think that trade broke Twitter.

So in what world does that make any sense?

That’s where Luongo wanted to go last year. Florida is trying to get the city to forgive its loans and is promising to spend more money on the team. Maybe Vancouver is chipping in money? That's my best guess anyway.

Harrison Mooney @HarrisonMooney
So wait: the Canucks pissed Luongo off on Saturday, he said he wanted out, and they moved him in 2 days? THEN WHY WAS IT SO HARD LAST YEAR?!

Yeah I think I saw a tweet claiming Vancouver would retain some salary. The Canucks appear to be prepared to blow up their whole team.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: VAN is taking back money on Luongo's contract. It varies in amounts each year. Around $1M (ballpark) for each of first four years.

Yeah I think I saw a tweet claiming Vancouver would retain some salary. The Canucks appear to be prepared to blow up their whole team.

Maybe that's what made it possible this year? I think it was reported last year that they wouldn't retain any salary. (And they have to keep a portion of the cap hit also.)

Luongo can still add money to the Canucks cap by retiring when his salary drops to $1MM at the end of the deal. (I'm sure he won't, but it's funny that he can screw them over after the way they jerked him around.)

Dustin Penner @Dustinpenner25
“@strombone1: “ Hey bud. Quick question. Do we get the air miles or does the team for the flights?

Aaaand an extension for Khudobin, 2/$4.5MM. That still seems cheap. (Edit: that's $4.5MM total.)

Great 'Canes news. Probably the last time that'll be said for a while

@ArmstrongABC11: Just got this text from a knowledgeable source to describe the Canes efforts right now before the deadline: 'Liquidation.'

Flyers deal with Vancouver would include Kesler and Edler if it were to go down. Rumors have it at something like Schenn, Morin, another player/prospect, and a draft pick for Edler & Kesler.

I really would like for the Flyers to stop picking up slow, shot blocking d-men that contribute nothing in terms of possession or offense. Also, Kesler is a very good player but the Flyers are overrun with natural centers so picking up another without trading away a few does not make sense. Instead l would like to see them pick up a top pairing d-man and a scoring winger. Instead of a top pair d-man, I wouldn't mind seeing them trade for a good young d-man that has room to develop and needs a change of scenery.

McDonald trade is dumb no matter what. So too is the news that the Flyers will be resigning him for future years. Only positive is that it means that one (or more) of the other d-men are going to get traded. I just hope it is not Gus, who is the only young d-man that the Flyers can try to develop right now (that's NHL ready at least).

It's strange, because it really seemed like people looked at his "career year" in terms of point totals, but when I watched that piece of crap every night, you could bet your ass that if a bad goal was surrendered, either he or Carkner was involved.

so martin erat was just traded to PHX and odd as i was thinking he was the late late late trade last year for prospect filip forsberg. now washington has tossed erat off of the scrap heap and moved him on

caps fans have to be furious how that one played out

I told you guys. Trade deadline is Groundhog day. Top 6 winger, same production (or lack thereof), different name. No efforts to address defense.

Danny ‏@recordsANDradio 6m
The Martin Erat era with the #Caps is over. To summarize: 2 Goals scored & 1 shirtless intermission interview.

Bh7TYC1IgAAFWuO.jpg

Several tweets out there claiming Carolina rejected proposals for Peters and will opt to keep all three goalies because Jim Rutherford hates my liver.

so martin erat was just traded to PHX and odd as i was thinking he was the late late late trade last year for prospect filip forsberg. now washington has tossed erat off of the scrap heap and moved him on

caps fans have to be furious how that one played out

No doubt caps fans are furious about how the Erat thing played out (and most were furious when the trade was made in the first place) but Chris Brown seems like an alright pick up for him (not to mention Klesla and the 4th pick). Brown is a decent prospect.

So…. more moves to come? Or did yesterday use up all the thunder? The Martin Brodeur stuff should get awkward. He’s only ever played for the Devils, but he wants to play more, and the Devils aren’t going to play him more because they have a much better goalie in Schneider. So Brodeur has submitted a list of teams he is willing to be traded to, but will anyone want him, let alone the teams on his list?

You’d have to think that Vanek, Moulson, and Hemsky are locks to be moved, so that should keep things interesting enough.

And now Sami Vatanen is apparently available... I want him as a Kimmo replacement. Too bad the Flyers already have a dozen (useless) defensemen.)

Back