• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The Caps traded two of the three guys that requested a trade this year, and the third is probably OK with sticking around now that they're letting him play. (Well, until he was suspended anyway.)

Pens are getting snitty and claiming that the Canucks ownership nixed their trade offer for Kesler.

I love the NHL trade deadline.

Oh, and Nashville traded Legwand to the Red Wings for Eaves, a pick, and a top 5 prospect in Jarnkok. After asking for trades all season, Wings fans are the opposite of pleased, but they needed the center depth with literally all of theirs hurt.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 9m
Perfect example...#Caps lose 5-4 to the #Flyers and Holtby played terrific, Caps were out shot attempted 61-21 following the 1st period

I'm not sure any one player available at the deadline would drastically fix that problem

It's not really about getting one guy to fix the problem. It's just the fucking mindset that leads us to the exact same spot every fucking year. Caps are 9th in GF/G, 9th in GA/G, 11th in SV%, and 27th in SA/G. What does that tell me? We can score and the goalies have been OK, but they're facing way too many shots.

What do we do? Go out and get a T6 Winger and a goalie. WHAT???

Well yeah, I think GMGM should be fired, but the trade in isolation is not a bad move

Red Wings picked up Legwand from the Preds for Eaves, a prospect and a pick. And then promptly announced that Datsyuk is out for 3 weeks. At least they addressed a need.

Garth Snow needs to choke on a bag of dicks. Lose MacDonald (who sucked anyway) and Vanek with no immediate improvement. If that guy isn't fired, I need a new team.

Garth Snow needs to choke on a bag of dicks. Lose MacDonald (who sucked anyway) and Vanek with no immediate improvement. If that guy isn't fired, I need a new team.

You probably need a new team anyway, but you've known that for a while.

You probably need a new team anyway, but you've known that for a while.

It's tough to just give up, but they are pushing me hard right now. Also, I can't catch a break with goalies against you this week in fantasy... geeeeez

oooof, caps getting run out of the rink first period. 3 shots? all of 3 shots in a period?

The whole "we really didn't address defense" thing really showing tonight.

ETA: GOAL!

This is all about one team playing harder than the other.

I almost posted it earlier but I knew that Holtby was getting pulled tonight. I guess you could say it is not his "fault" but that guy is such a headcase and any sign of competition = meltdown.

Ugh, the Flyers thought the game ended after two periods, apparently.

Back