• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Watching Gostisbehere in the Frozen Four was like watching CP3 in high school. Obvious boss is obvious. Not a surprise he's taking the league by storm

Canes are vying for a playoff spot. Are we going to see any big trades for them?

You know how Ovi always scores from the Ovi spot? Kuznetsov always assists from the Kuzy spot (okay, Gretzky's office). Goddamn wizard.

'Canes just aren't quite finding a way to win the games we need to win. Barring a surge in the next week I'm coming around to trading all the assets

'Canes just aren't quite finding a way to win the games we need to win. Barring a surge in the next week I'm coming around to trading all the assets

I think Francis has always planned to make deals on deadline day. Sure this season has been a nice surprise, but the master plan is to be a perennial contender, not a team that sneaks in at the 8 spot every year. To do that, he's going to trade away pieces if it provides more long term value.

It's always made sense, but seven years sans playoff hockey is way too long.

The good news is I don't think any deal would severely hamper our chances of breaking that drought next year.

Also, promising that Polak got such a return, unless the market has been set ridiculously high

Last edited:
It's always made sense, but seven years sans playoff hockey is way too long.

The good news is I don't think any deal would severely hamper our chances of breaking that drought next year.

Also, promising that Polak got such a return, unless the market has been set ridiculously high

I think the encouraging thing about the Hurricanes right now is with Bill Peters they're essentially playing the same system the Red Wings have played for the last twenty years. Not the most exciting brand of hockey ever, but one where you can plug in different pieces with similar results. It's just too bad it took till December for that system to really take over with all the rookie D-men on the ice and the Jordan Staal line to become a very effective two-way line.

Brooks Orpik and Mike Richards have each scored GWG's in the past few days. That's......something.

That was a dirty save!

neuvy-flyers-bio-photo.jpg

Posted without comment

Please bruh. I've had the full beard with the stache properly bridging into the beard for almost a decade. Unlike this child.

That being said, I like the cut of this guy's gib.

Since we'll inevitably be picking 8thish again, hopefully we can package together the many picks we have in either this year's draft or next to go get a stud

People seem confident that we'll resign him in the offseason for cheap.

Wouldn't count on it. Francis specifically said it was the contract term, not amount, that prevented an extension. Canes will be way under the salary floor at seasons end. I think Eric is done as a Hurricane.

Caps trade Brooks Laich for Daniel Winnik and cap space. They have two roster spots available. Is another move coming?

That's gotta suck as a player to go from the Caps to the Maple Leafs right now, btw.

Back