• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Series starts Thursday. Game 2 Sunday, game 3 Tuesday, game 4 next Thursday - rest of schedule released soon.

Vegas says Boston, analytics guys say Canes.

The former surely influenced by the fact that everyone will be betting Boston over us. Based on Sports Insights' percentages it took until we were up 3-0 on the Isles for people to stop directly betting against us every game

Not feeling good about Stars game 7, think we needed game 6 win at home...but either way its nice to be making noise in playoffs again

Don't know if MoneyPuck has reliable odds (or what methodology is) but using it as a general sense of the remaining series:

Canes 54.5% to go to Stanley Cup
Blues 59% to win game 7
Sharks 50.1% to win game 7

Moneypuck has a very well regarded algorithm, details are worth reading about here:

http://www.moneypuck.com/about.htm

They’ve been picking the Canes the entire postseason and have been catching flack for it, even when they have been dead on correct. Even before they clinched a playoff spot they had the Canes with high odds to make it to the Final. I was very skeptical until the Islanders series but now I respect the hell out of their algorithm.

No reason to doubt this team at this point or question its capability to potentially win the whole damn thing. This young core has proven itself -- massive kudos to the franchise for acquiring the likes of Aho, Slavvin and Pesce without having high draft picks and then picking up youngish dudes with potential in Turbo and Nino. Then sprinkle in finally landing a top pick and solidifying the goalie situation and here we are.

If we can keep it all together I think we might be in for a prolonged run of success here

Believe me, moneypuck successfully predicted the river of shit the Canes have been floundering about in for the past decade, too. Expected goals, baby.

No reason to doubt this team at this point or question its capability to potentially win the whole damn thing. This young core has proven itself -- massive kudos to the franchise for acquiring the likes of Aho, Slavvin and Pesce without having high draft picks and then picking up youngish dudes with potential in Turbo and Nino. Then sprinkle in finally landing a top pick and solidifying the goalie situation and here we are.

If we can keep it all together I think we might be in for a prolonged run of success here
Aho has played really well against the Bruins this year....4 goals, 3 assists. Teravinen played well too with 4 points. Both are coming in on hot streaks. They might be the difference.

Hopefully Aho's hand is better with nearly a week's rest as well. He seemed to be getting his game back towards the end of the Isles series

I know next to nothing about this Bruins team but after some research I expect them to be better than the islanders offensively and not quite as good defensively. I think Canes in 7.

That was rough. Bishop was amazing. Offense sucked. Still better than expected from this Stars team and excited for future

Yeah, Blues methodically dominated that one though Stars came on late. Think St. Louis' relative lack of offensive firepower does them in in the WCF

59664126_805184246532552_1333899366192119808_n.jpg

Back