• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Capel was considered one of the best recruiters in the country before he went to back to Duke, and since he's been Dukes lead recruiter he has beaten Kenny Payne and Calipari's staff for the top recruits for the past 4 years.

So what you’re saying is, this is a win for Kentucky.

A lot has changed in the 8 years since. X is now in the Big East & a legit top 20 program. I don’t know anything about Steele, but know they could get an experienced coach if they desired to do so.

they had more success under Miller before Mack was made head coach

We hired [Redacted], pretty much no matter what a program hires it will be better and we have no room to talk. I said what because that includes a dog, a dried piece of shit, pretty much anything.

And after about 5 minutes of looking up John Brannen on the Internet, he's immediately been added to my list of potential Wake Forest coaching candidates.

Timing should be good after next year... He'll probably be a legit candidate for any open job. They made the NCAAs last year, inexplicably lost to a terrible team in the conference tourney this year, and look poised to improve again next year.

Downside is he is 44 and a Kentucky native.

His name came up to coach Louisville this season. It has been impressive how quickly Northern Kentucky has risen in rankings.

Louisville is not the attractive job it might have been a few years ago. The NCAA sanctions, the involvement with the FBI investigation, the unsettled situation with the university management (pres) all make it less desirable. They will probably need to overpay somebody. Tyra may not be kept around long as AD once a new university president is selected.

Miller obviously was successful there, but to call it “more” is misleading. They are now in a much more prestigious conference which Mack just won this year. He also has 3 sweet 16s & an Elite 8.
Louisville getting him with their current situation is a grand slam.

And after about 5 minutes of looking up John Brannen on the Internet, he's immediately been added to my list of potential Wake Forest coaching candidates.

Timing should be good after next year... He'll probably be a legit candidate for any open job. They made the NCAAs last year, inexplicably lost to a terrible team in the conference tourney this year, and look poised to improve again next year.

Downside is he is 44 and a Kentucky native.

Terrible loss against Cleveland State in their first tournament game. Would fit right into Wake.

wow is right. I never, ever want to hear again about Duke doing things the right way (talking to you Reff) Interesting listening to Gary Parrish's podcast last night about an undercurrent of coaches who were very happy Duke lost in Elite 8 as there was a lot of anger about how Bagley was admitted to Duke

wow is right. I never, ever want to hear again about Duke doing things the right way (talking to you Reff) Interesting listening to Gary Parrish's podcast last night about an undercurrent of coaches who were very happy Duke lost in Elite 8 as there was a lot of anger about how Bagley was admitted to Duke

I think this system is going to implode. It's just so blatant at this point.

I might be wrong about X not going after Kelsey. They do have a long history of promoting assistants or hiring past assistants.

We will see doe

3 high schools in 3 years and graduated early. Surprised if he doesn't leave with a Duke degree after 1 year....

How do you figure?

Miller was .719 with a Sweet 16 and an Elite 8 in five years in the A-10. Mack was .691 with 4 years in the A-10 and 5 years in the Big East, with 3 Sweet 16's and an Elite 8 in 9 years total. Mack's winning percentage is slightly lower but against much better competition. He's also raised the profile of the program above what it was when he took over.

Last edited:

Prosser Classic with X resumes in 2019-20.

Back