• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Roy is 13 point dogs tonight. He is entering Wake Forest territory with his current roster.

Roy is possibly the most overrated college coach in history. He is the Forest Gump of coaching. Everything fell into his lap.

Roy is possibly the most overrated college coach in history. He is the Forest Gump of coaching. Everything fell into his lap.

When Roy retires, I expect to see Carolina take a step up — the program is much bigger than Roy , and they can get whoever they want as the next coach. As compared to Duke, where K is the program, and they will fall off regardless of which disciple is the chosen one.

When Roy retires, I expect to see Carolina take a step up — the program is much bigger than Roy , and they can get whoever they want as the next coach. As compared to Duke, where K is the program, and they will fall off regardless of which disciple is the chosen one.

Depends on who they hire. If they hire BCA, then yeah. But if they make the mistake of insisting on hiring within the UNC family again, like they did with Doherty, they could end up with another dud. Who is the best UNC family hire they could make?

Was just talking to a Wake friend in Austin, and he said the word down that way is Pop is retiring soon, and Self is going to take the job. Makes some sense.

Stackhouse is auditioning for the UNC job at Vandy. Hurbert Davis is supposed to be on the short list as well. Don't sleep on Billy D coming back to college here either.

If the Celtics don't do well in the playoffs over the next couple of years, I wouldn't be shocked to Stevens return to college at Duke.

What? Please explain that comment in light of his consistent success. As Branch Rickey said, 'luck is the residue of design."

What? Please explain that comment in light of his consistent success. As Branch Rickey said, 'luck is the residue of design."

Agreed. I can't stand UNC, but I can admit Roy is a good coach. He struggles some with game management, but he is a fantastic recruiter, motivator, and uses a very effective scheme. He has 3 national championships and his worst record was 19-11. If it's all about the UNC name/program, then how do you explain Matt Doherty going 8-20?

From an overall top to bottom view, why has the ACC all of a sudden become so weak in both football and basketball?

Expansion?

That might explain some of the basketball situation, but I always thought that the whole purpose of ACC expansion was to add strong football schools....and the football overall has been getting weaker as well.

Depends on who they hire. If they hire BCA, then yeah. But if they make the mistake of insisting on hiring within the UNC family again, like they did with Doherty, they could end up with another dud. Who is the best UNC family hire they could make?

Was just talking to a Wake friend in Austin, and he said the word down that way is Pop is retiring soon, and Self is going to take the job. Makes some sense.

Not really a secret. That info has been reported on various sites for the last few months. I think the Spurs would get some heat if they hired a college coach over Becky Hammon when there are plenty of former Pop assistants floating around the league.

Paves the way for the new KU coach to bring back Manning as an assistant.

Lol. Tonight, In Melo Eggleston’s first game eligible since transferring from Wake he got 2 T’s and got ejected.

UVA won scoring 56 points

GT lost to Ball State scoring 47 points.

I thought the shot clock and 3 pt. shot were supposed to cure boring, low scoring games?

Lol. Tonight, In Melo Eggleston’s first game eligible since transferring from Wake he got 2 T’s and got ejected.

That’s hilarious/ridiculous and I’m curious what he said or did for that to happen. It’s rare players get ejected these days.

ETSU lookin legit. Wes in his familiar role of 3rdish fiddle in the SoCon. Sad.

Back