• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Loved the “We want Wofford” chant from Zaga students.

Beating UNC when they’re good is great but kicking them when they’re down is a whole different level of awesome.

At this rate UNC may be lucky to even finish at .500 this season. They're lol bad. At least Roy can brag that they got to 80 points last night. Lolz.

Last edited:
Man does the talent in college basketball suck this year.

UVA won scoring 56 points

GT lost to Ball State scoring 47 points.

I thought the shot clock and 3 pt. shot were supposed to cure boring, low scoring games?

First, as I've been saying, the overall talent in college is down, and this freshman class is not nearly as good as last year's. But that UVA game last night was atrocious. Stony Brook is a ball handling nightmare - they had 11 1st half TOs, and most were not really forced. But they were in the game till late due to UVA's bad shooting and poor PG play. I know Tony likes to run the shot clock down before shooting, and you can do that when you have a Brogdon or Jerome who can create for themselves and others late in the clock. But Kihei Clark ain't Brogdon or Jerome, and they're turning it over or taking awful shots at the end of the clock. Until Morsell gets comfortable offensively and can be that player, I really think Tony should start encouraging his few scorers to take open shots when they can get them. Huff is probably their best shooter outside of Diakite, but he passed on many open opportunities with 10-20 seconds remaining on the clock. Guys like Huff, Key and Woldetensae need to start looking to shoot earlier in the clock. BTW, Key is back. Didn't play much, and he has a small cast on his left wrist, but it looks like he'll be available for ACC play.

No offense meant, but one of my favorite random things on the boards these days is when cville takes any mention of UVA as an invitation to do a deep dive on how the team is playing.

I mean, I don't feel like anyone here puts that kind of effort into breaking down Wake Forest hoops.

No offense meant, but one of my favorite random things on the boards these days is when cville takes any mention of UVA as an invitation to do a deep dive on how the team is playing.

I mean, I don't feel like anyone here puts that kind of effort into breaking down Wake Forest hoops.

What's to break down? According to posts on multiple other threads, it's all Brandon's fault.

You forgot that he also does that for VT, and somehow cheers for them along with UVA.

You forgot that he also does that for VT, and somehow cheers for them along with UVA.

Not to mention along with WF, who is, you know, in the same conference

Personally as a WF alum and fan I think the rest of the ACC, including “The University”, can fuck right off, but that’s just me

My apologies. I was frustrated after watching a horribly played game. I'll attempt to keep my venting to a minimum.

My apologies. I was frustrated after watching a horribly played game. I'll attempt to keep my venting to a minimum.

All good to me. It's like getting a glimpse at what it's like to follow a competent basketball program.

So many people talk out their arse on this board about things that they either know nothing or little about, interesting that there is criticism when a poster actually tries to share perspective about something he/she observed and actually knows something about.

Hope C'ville posts his impressions of every UVA and VT game. if you don't like it, have at it on those fascinating "F you" threads.

James Wiseman's season is over. He signed with agent and will not play again for Memphis. See you at the NBA draft....

Back