• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

I'm not really a Shaka fan but, to be fair to him, our defense is really good. We've held almost everyone at or near their low for the season, including holding Kansas to their lowest point total at home in 20 years. And yes, the Texas offense isn't great.

giphy.gif

I'm not really a Shaka fan but, to be fair to him, our defense is really good. We've held almost everyone at or near their low for the season, including holding Kansas to their lowest point total at home in 20 years. And yes, the Texas offense isn't great.

giphy.gif

If the Texas offense only looked bad against this year's Baylor team, maybe he gets a pass. But that is not the case.

If the Texas offense only looked bad against this year's Baylor team, maybe he gets a pass. But that is not the case.

They do disappear, I agree with that. There is talent, but just no consistency. They go through long stretches where it looks like there is a lid on the basket.

Just looking at this year, the fewest points they have scored were against (24)Texas Tech and (3)Kansas - 57 points. They also scored 58 once and 59 twice. And then there are the two games against Baylor (44 and 45 points). Their offense is bad, but don't take the games against us as the norm. It's not like they consistently score in the 40s.

He has definitely been a disappointment at Texas and they have struggled to find their identity, but his defenses have been good. It's not the "havoc" defense of VCU, but they do play tough defense and have some great athletes. UT is a weird place though - I wouldn't be surprised if Shaka finds success somewhere else after he is fired.

Last edited:
cow college gets a road win at the orange. Keatts getting them back in NCAAT conversation.... that is, unless they get hammered in Dennis Smith, Jr violations.

God, UVA plays butt ugly hoops. Lead ND 50-49 17 secs left in IT after hairball 3 by Clark as UVA tried to run the clock down. Brick ft by Huff, hairball ft by Key in last minute

UVA scored 3 points total in OT against Notre Dame, and won.

Well you win if you have one more point than your opponent when the clock runs out. I think Tony Bennett would be happy with a score 2-0.

Well you win if you have one more point than your opponent when the clock runs out. I think Tony Bennett would be happy with a score 2-0.

Starting to become within the realm of possibility for this UVA team.

I think I counted a total of 10 points for both teams in the last 5:30 of regulation and OT. Slightly less than a point per minute. UVA played good D (and Woldetensae did a great job on Gibbs), but offensively, that game was fugly to watch. Gotta say I was impressed by Mooney - he's really improved over the last couple of years, has a nice post game and is polished, though UVA frustrated him a bit. And while we're talking about underachieving teams, any team with Mooney and Gibbs with some okay complimentary players, should have a better record than they have given how down the ACC is. The only good thing about the game is Tony mostly seems to be parking Stattman on the bench, which is better for my sanity. Though I still want to deport him. And just think what the scores of UVA games might be if we didn't have a shot clock. I think Tony would be capable of channeling his inner Deano.

And I'm also realizing that the B10 might just be a bit better than the ACC this year. Has another conference ever doubled us in dance entrants before? Could be more than double if we only get 4 in.

Alabama attempted an SEC record 59 3-pointers against Auburn in a loss tonight. They made 22.

Uh oh. Fellow bottom feeder miami woodshedded bc.

DFL Danny's Deacs are up next for the now red hot hurricanes.

Uh oh. Fellow bottom feeder miami woodshedded bc.

DFL Danny's Deacs are up next for the now red hot hurricanes.

Miami has been missing key pieces including Lykes. Last night they were finally healthy. I don’t see Wake getting the road win over the weekend.

Talked to a UVa buddy who was at the game and you know they love their defense up there but he did say that offense set basketball back 100 years. UVa scored their next but the 3 free thto last basket of the entire game including OT at 6:48 when Diakite made a layup then with :27 made a jumper to tie the game at 47-47 to put it into OT. Th last score in the OT was the Braxton FT at 2:04. Somehow they just know how to win close games.

Back