• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Yesterday, Cuse beat North Florida 82-70.

In that game, North Florida took 46 three point shots, and NINE shots from 2. 9 shots from inside the arc in the entire game. Got to be the record for fewest two point attempts in a game in the shot clock era.

Another very weird game I noticed last week was St. Mary's and Arizona St. St Mary's won 96-56. Arizona St only had 3 players score the entire game and their individual points broke down as: 43, 8, 5. Imagine the last time a team had a 40 point scorer and failed as a team to score 60.

Another very weird game I noticed last week was St. Mary's and Arizona St. St Mary's won 96-56. Arizona St only had 3 players score the entire game and their individual points broke down as: 43, 8, 5. Imagine the last time a team had a 40 point scorer and failed as a team to score 60.

Even weirder - the 43 point scorer came off the bench. ASU got 13 points from the starters.

Obviously still too early to judge, but Musselman doing well at Arkansas and Buzz pretty meh at Texas A&M.

No one had a shot at Buzz when he went from Marquette to VT. We didn't have a shot at Buzz going home from VT to TX A&M.

The biggest question I would have about Musselman (who is a good coach) is would he have come to Wake and lived by our rules? Neither Nevada nor Arkansas are exactly tough educationally. If he could have played by our rules, he likely would have been a good hire. His salary is $2.5M with a buyout at the end of this year of $5M (it drops to $1M after 2021).

I wasn’t saying either were a fit for Wake. Just commenting on their performance at their new jobs.

I’ve never been a Musselman guy, but he seems like a good coach.

I wasn’t saying either were a fit for Wake. Just commenting on their performance at their new jobs.

I’ve never been a Musselman guy, but he seems like a good coach.

He did a great job at Nevada. The only question I'd have about him is if he wants to get back to the Association.

Two unbeatens left (KP rank):

#15 12-0 Auburn (top 100 wins over: #72 Davidson, #90 New Mexico, #85 Richmond, #76 Furman (in OT), #92 St. Louis, #35 NC State)
#20 SD State (top 100 wins over: #38 BYU, #18 Iowa, #49 Creighton)

SD State plays at #50 Utah State on Saturday. Looks like that may be the only game they play the rest of the way where the Aztecs won't be favored.

Auburn plays @ Miss State on Saturday. They will be slight favorite. If AU wins that game, they will be favored until they play at #24 Florida on January 18.

Also, have always had soft spot for Huggy Bear. After an off-season last year, Huggy has the Mountaineers rolling again. They beat tOSU in Cleveland on Saturday, and are 11-1. WV will be a factor in March.

Auburn is good, and Pearl can coach - at least until he puts them on probation. But they haven't played an especially tough schedule thus far.

But you lost me on Huggins. Hate the guy and hate WVU. That said, his teams usually get after you defensively, and I saw that they knocked off OSU. Yet another highly ranked team to lose.

Huggins graduated ZERO players at Cinci for over a decade. Granted a few went pro early, but he didn't care about the futures of his guys who weren't going to make the NBA. He used them to make millions and cast them aside when he was done with them.

I like Huggy because he's brutally honest about his team and college basketball unlike the Coach K's of the college basketball world, who recruit players to stay in school in 6 months while trying to insist it's all about the student-athlete and the relationships. Also, Huggins has won consistently despite never getting the elite talent like the elite programs get. His teams play hard for 40 minutes.

Massa Huggins used those kids for his own purpose and threw them out like yesterday's trash. To laud someone for doing that is wrong.

Maryland had two kids enter the transfer portal. Twin brothers. Both freshman reserves.

TYPICAL Pilch silliness. He has been so WRONG so often lately that it's getting totally embarrassing. Shilling for MASSA Huggins takes cake.

Of course, Pilch is going to try to parse post to fit his needs rather than use actual words. He's done it last three times his posts have been shown to be WONG.

Maryland had two kids enter the transfer portal. Twin brothers. Both freshman reserves.

6-10 twins Makhi and Makhel Mitchell. Makhi was ranked in the top 100 (#69 by 247) in the 2019 HS class; Makhel is top 200 (#171 by 247). WF is not on record for offering them out of HS, but that doesn't mean WF won't try to get into the mix. G'town did offer them, and they are from DC. G'town has plenty of scholarship availability right now.

South Carolina lost to Stetson tonight, who was #331 in KP entering the game.

Yikes.

Wake's SoS should be going up as Penn State keeps winning. Now #20.

FAMU beat Iowa State 70-68 today. Ranked 332 coming into game. 1.3% chance, biggest upset in BPI era of last 12 yrs

Back