• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

I made a prediction at the end of last season that Shaka had been unlucky and they'd bounce back and win the Big XII this year.

It's still early in the season, but I'm OK in already admitting that I was wrong.

There is a very strong chance that Shaka will be available at the end of this season. The question will be if we are still interested.

Shaka sure looks like he will be coaching his last year in Austin. They suck. NC is Wake bad... I hope Manning doesn’t get unnecessary credit for going 1-1 vs then this season.

I am worried Manning will get unnecessary credit for looking decent in a downer ACC year too. That and we have been so so bad any growth may make him look good, but it shouldn't.

We beat Pitt. And Pitt beat UNC. And since the transitive property always works ... :)

Shaka is currently projected to finish this season 16-15 and 6-12 in the Big 12. If that happens, Texas will have missed the NCAA tournament 3 times in the last 4 years (same as Manning during that time frame), and will have not won an NCAA game at Texas in 5 years (same as Manning). Since the start of the 2016-7 season, Texas is 20-36 in the Big 12. That is the worst record of all ten schools in that conference over that span -- while coaching at Texas, which is probably only second to Kansas in that conference in reputation and resources committed to basketball success.

If WF is considering Shaka as its next coach, someone better engage in some serious due diligence to determine why his Texas program has plunged into the abyss under his watch. This is more than a random off-season. This is a record of a poor coach.

Shaka is currently projected to finish this season 16-15 and 6-12 in the Big 12. If that happens, Texas will have missed the NCAA tournament 3 times in the last 4 years (same as Manning during that time frame), and will have not won an NCAA game at Texas in 5 years (same as Manning). Since the start of the 2016-7 season, Texas is 20-36 in the Big 12. That is the worst record of all ten schools in that conference over that span -- while coaching at Texas, which is probably only second to Kansas in that conference in reputation and resources committed to basketball success.

If WF is considering Shaka as its next coach, someone better engage in some serious due diligence to determine why his Texas program has plunged into the abyss under his watch. This is more than a random off-season. This is a record of a poor coach.

Shaka was a really good coach at VCU, both in-game coaching and recruiting. He seems to have had on good recruiting class at TX and not a lot of on court success.

I agree. The "what happened" needs to be explored. Is Shaka just not a good fit in Texas or something else.

Syracuse goes down to Va Tech falling to 8-7, with UNC at 8-6, how the haughty have fallen. The Cone kid from East Forsyth lit up the zone
He went to Walkertown, but that doesn't matter much. What matters is we missed out on a great local recruit who would have been an easy get 10 years ago.

He went to Walkertown, but that doesn't matter much. What matters is we missed out on a great local recruit who would have been an easy get 10 years ago.

My bad. Knew he was from WTown and spaced on that as the newer HS option. But yes another local talent who departed and will keep us asking why

Well, that's just made this basketball season awesome

The highlight of our season, Clemson finally beating the Holes at Crapel Hill.

It's the highlight of everyone's season. I demand banners in all Division 1 programs' arenas.

I know UNC's star is out injured, but damn, man. The Heels' fall from grace this year has been epic! Tee hee ...

Did BC pay a fashion consultant to choose the color for their "home white" uniforms. Looks like the color from swamp mud.

This UNC team might actually end up being worse than the infamous 8-20 squad. In one sense they already are, as that team at least beat Clemson at home. LOL at UNC.

Back