• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

BC is fucking terrible. And they beat us soundly. College basketball sucks.

HA HA HA HA!

Does 'ol Roy's back hurt yet?! :tard:

The way he threw his team under the bus was embarrassing. A college coach can criticize effort in order to inspire greater effort, but to criticize ability/"giftedness" is wrong.

Roy, your job is to recruit giftedness. But if you fail at that, your job is to maximize the skills of the players you do bring in. Can't stand the guy.

I will totally admit, I didn't think Clempson would do it. I really didn't.

BC is fucking terrible. And they beat us soundly. College basketball sucks.

This. The UVA/Syr game was horrific offensive basketball. The Cuse has nothing outside of Hughes, Dolezaj and Girard - and even then, Girard struggles with at best mediocre handles. And UVA has nothing outside of Diakite and Key. Huff had some points last night but threw away a bunch more because he can't finish down low (and he always brings the ball down and usually takes a dribble), Clark is a TO machine at point, and Stattman is the all around worst player ever to get serious minutes wearing a UVA uni.

At least Tech beat State. Nolly is a stud.

Stattman is afraid to shoot the damn ball too. announcers commented on it during the game. Hoos are turrible this yr.

was glad to hear that Clemson beat the Cheats in the Cheat Dome.

I have zero idea why Tony starts him. He had 0 points and 4 TOs, and yes, he is afraid to shoot. Woldetensae may miss a bunch like he did yesterday, but he isn't afraid to pull the trigger. But Stattman isn't the only 1 afraid to shoot - so is Morsell. He's their best defensive guard and you can tell he has talent, but he has no confidence right now and his body language is bad. I think Morsell will eventually be a solid contributor, but Stattman needs to be deported back to Australia.

this season seems to be a throwaway. the offense is really offensive.

yeah, Morsell can't buy a bucket either. most of the guard play is putrid.

could sure use Hauser this year.

maybe Stattman plays Ok defense might be the only reason I can see Bennett playing him. he cares about defense
the most.

this season seems to be a throwaway. the offense is really offensive.

yeah, Morsell can't buy a bucket either. most of the guard play is putrid.

could sure use Hauser this year.

maybe Stattman plays Ok defense might be the only reason I can see Bennett playing him. he cares about defense
the most.

No, Stattman sucks on D as well - usually gets burned a few times a game. He's really the complete package. Morsell is the only solid defender at G. Clark pressures the ball well and has quick hands, but if opposing PGs are decent shooters, they just shoot over him like Girard did last night.

In addition to Clemson breaking their 0-fer string at Chapel Hill, Baylor beat Kansas in Allen Field House for the first time ever.

Not quite as impressive as ending the 0-59, but it was a good game for the little Baylor Bears.

Still amazes me that Baylor hoops and football have recovered from the murder (basketball) and rape cover up (football).

How hard is it to just put a competent hoops program on the floor?

Wake makes it look down right impossible this past self imposed death penalty decade. :(

Still amazes me that Baylor hoops and football have recovered from the murder (basketball) and rape cover up (football).

How hard is it to just put a competent hoops program on the floor?
Same reason that Barnes , Shaka and others take head jobs in Texas— if you just get your share of Texas recruits in football or b-ball you are pretty well set. We did well with second tier Texas kids in football.

This. The UVA/Syr game was horrific offensive basketball. The Cuse has nothing outside of Hughes, Dolezaj and Girard - and even then, Girard struggles with at best mediocre handles. And UVA has nothing outside of Diakite and Key. Huff had some points last night but threw away a bunch more because he can't finish down low (and he always brings the ball down and usually takes a dribble), Clark is a TO machine at point, and Stattman is the all around worst player ever to get serious minutes wearing a UVA uni.

At least Tech beat State. Nolly is a stud.

Cuse has what? A kid named Boeheim says Hello! ACC Top 5 in 3pt%, top 10 in scoring, Top 15 in FG %

Oregon State with a big win over Arizona. OSU with a hot shooting night against a "top defense."

Back