• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard playing for Blazers in Summer League

So, for the brief moment in between when he went undrafted and signed with Portland, Hoard could have come back to Wake, correct? Are any other undrafted players coming back to school?

Saw this on another board but that rule isn't in effect yet according to them: "It passed last year by the NCAA, but won't go into effect until the NBA allows high school players back into the draft, an undergraduate advisory committee is formed by NBA and NCAA, and player has to be invited to combine. The rule won't go into effect until the 2021 draft so the NBA and NCAA can work out the details of the evaluation process of of undergraduates by the advisory committee."

https://www.nbadraft.net/forum/not-drafted-players-going-back-school

Bilas on Cam Reddish: "He's only 18, 19 years old."

He turns 20 in September.

I kind of get it as a high ceiling pick especially if they feel like the bigs there are a reach.

Reminds me of a classic Wes Durham observation on Brandon Ingraham: "He's not as big as most kids his size." Yogi Berra couldn't have said it better.

sucks that MKG sucks because he seems like a really genuine, likeable guy

He goes from "lottery pick" on NBA draft.net for like 14 months, to undrafted. Great.

Also, now the Blazers can put Nassir Little in at SF ahead of Hoard, and slide Aminu and Harkless down to the smallish/undersized PF roles that fit them both.
......Bye Hoard, not going to miss you/enjoy the G league....

Says the old gambler.....No, Dutch is fed up with the present trend in college basketball, and has a strong dislike for the NBA.

Says the sad old man who doesn't want young people to succeed.

I wonder if you'd tell a computer geek who came up with a hugely successful app that he/she should turn down millions to graduate.

So I see that NC State commit and guy that bounced between class of 2018 and 2019 Jalen Lecque did not get drafted, but the Suns actually signed him to a contract. It seems that he has had a very odd path, given that he played for several high schools, seemed to bop between high school classes, was headed to State, and then blew off college all together. I have heard that he is a really good athlete but has pretty limited b-ball skills. It will be interesting to see if he can stick in the NBA.

2019 NBA Draft Thread: Hoard invited to combine

It’s pretty pathetic but predictable that Manning is celebrating hoard signing a two way contract. The draft was not a good night for hoard. In fact it was a really bad night and the only thing that kept it from being an absolute shitshow for hoard is the two way deal he signed. The odds are long that he ever plays in a single nba game and even longer that he ever stays on a roster for a whole season and Manning is trying to use that as cause for celebration and a way to pump up his coaching resume. The only thing I take from it is 3 guys leaving early and none of them even getting drafted in the 2nd round. Wake’s first splash in the one and done pool is a complete failure in every respect . Wfu sucked with hoard on roster, hoard barely developed at all, Manning gets zero recruiting boost and is even in a worse position now, and the kid goes undrafted. Just a failure all the way around.

So I see that NC State commit and guy that bounced between class of 2018 and 2019 Jalen Lecque did not get drafted, but the Suns actually signed him to a contract. It seems that he has had a very odd path, given that he played for several high schools, seemed to bop between high school classes, was headed to State, and then blew off college all together. I have heard that he is a really good athlete but has pretty limited b-ball skills. It will be interesting to see if he can stick in the NBA.

Supposedly got a 4 year contract with first two years paying like $875k a year. One of the stranger contracts I’ve seen for an undrafted guy, but it’s the Suns and it’s pretty obvious they don’t know what they are doing. Good for JL though, he never wanted to go to college.

It’s pretty pathetic but predictable that Manning is celebrating hoard signing a two way contract. The draft was not a good night for hoard. In fact it was a really bad night and the only thing that kept it from being an absolute shitshow for hoard is the two way deal he signed. The odds are long that he ever plays in a single nba game and even longer that he ever stays on a roster for a whole season and Manning is trying to use that as cause for celebration and a way to pump up his coaching resume. The only thing I take from it is 3 guys leaving early and none of them even getting drafted in the 2nd round. Wake’s first splash in the one and done pool is a complete failure in every respect . Wfu sucked with hoard on roster, hoard barely developed at all, Manning gets zero recruiting boost and is even in a worse position now, and the kid goes undrafted. Just a failure all the way around.

It’s been well established that Manning is a complete failure. The only people that fail to recognize that are the ones in charge.

So 19 guys listed by Rothstein and Hoard can't even make that list. So unfortunate

The tweet did say "productive" college players. He was not that. I'm not necessarily laying the blame at his feet either, and given the state of our program, I'm not blaming him on getting out. I hope he improves in Europe or wherever he plays and maybe can 1 day make it in the Association. This thread should have a NWT header thanks to Hatch, Wellman and Manning.

Hoard had a good season. It would have looked better on a better team. He was set up to have a very good soph year. The things he needed to work on would improve organically w experience and strength.

I get being annoyed w the kid, but he probably makes a different decision w a fun program to come back to. Not only do we suck. We're not fun.

Supposedly got a 4 year contract with first two years paying like $875k a year. One of the stranger contracts I’ve seen for an undrafted guy, but it’s the Suns and it’s pretty obvious they don’t know what they are doing. Good for JL though, he never wanted to go to college.

I think more and more teams are offering contracts like this for 2-way players. It is cheap for teams, most of them are like one year guaranteed deals with tons of incentives

But like you said it’s the Suns so...

I think more and more teams are offering contracts like this for 2-way players. It is cheap for teams, most of them are like one year guaranteed deals with tons of incentives

But like you said it’s the Suns so...

If Lecque turns out to be good, then they have him for pennies while other guaranteed contracts are paying out dollars. If Lecque turns out to be bad, then they spent the minimum on a high upside PG. These undrafted free agent deals seemingly work for both sides, somehow. It's a cool innovation.

Hoard had a good season. It would have looked better on a better team. He was set up to have a very good soph year. The things he needed to work on would improve organically w experience and strength.

I get being annoyed w the kid, but he probably makes a different decision w a fun program to come back to. Not only do we suck. We're not fun.

Yes, but still a stupid decision. No matter how you look at it, Hoard needs two years more, and DM is an abject failure. How someone who has been around basketball at a high level for so long and sucks is beyond me. I make better decisions during the games from my couch.

Back