• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Rodgers needs 5 more TD passes to catch ELIte on the all-time list

he also needs...157 INT's

Rodgers needs 5 more TD passes to catch ELIte on the all-time list

he also needs...157 INT's

And moving on to what actually matters, he also needs another Super Bowl win and Super Bowl MVP. So far it looks like he should have kept McCarthy around if he wanted to make a run at that.

Super Bowl and league MVP is pretty damn good, and the latter is something Eli could never earn even in his best years. It actually shows you’re a good QB and not just lucky.

Last edited:
And stop with the rings argument. I will never underestimate Eli’s clutch performances in both his super bowl wins. But he has had a number of dreadful years. Is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino because he has more rings? Stop it with that nonsense.

Lamar Jackson's success is fascinating because there were so many smart people saying that he could never be an NFL quarterback.

I didn't think he was an accurate enough thrower to succeed in the NFL. Also, when I listened to him interviewed in college (on SiriusXM), he sounded like a complete moron. I got the impression he was lazy after hearing an interview where he said he didn't like to leave his room much and he just slept all of the time... I guess he just didn't give a shit about being a student, because all reports now are that his work ethic is strong. The dude just lives football, I guess.

i’m wrong a ton, but was right when i said lamar was the best qb in that draft

I was watching last night's game for the sole purpose of fantasy: spoiler alert, I lost because the Ravens were murdering the Rams so hard that they stopped throwing the ball to Marquise Brown.

That said, the announcers were pretty awful in terms of their fellating of Jackson. Yes, he's awesome and should be the league MVP, but holy hell - settle down.

And stop with the rings argument. I will never underestimate Eli’s clutch performances in both his super bowl wins. But he has had a number of dreadful years. Is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino because he has more rings? Stop it with that nonsense.

The repeated Trent Dilfer comparison is idiotic. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, he was nowhere close to MVP of that Super Bowl. Eli is the reason the Giants won the two Super Bowls, he has 2 MVPs for a reason. Is Trent Dilfer's career better than Marino's because he has a ring? Not at all. Is Eli's career better than Marino's because he has 2 rings and 2 Super Bowl MVPs? Absolutely.

The repeated Trent Dilfer comparison is idiotic. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, he was nowhere close to MVP of that Super Bowl. Eli is the reason the Giants won the two Super Bowls, he has 2 MVPs for a reason. Is Trent Dilfer's career better than Marino's because he has a ring? Not at all. Is Eli's career better than Marino's because he has 2 rings and 2 Super Bowl MVPs? Absolutely.

Yep, the Giants D holding the highest-scoring offense in history to 13 points had nothing to do with that win in 2007, it was all Eli.......GTFO with that nonsense. Eli benefited from two of the luckiest catches in Super Bowl history in his two wins, he should thank his lucky stars his WR's bailed him out or he would have spent the past 15 years hearing about how he was the 3rd best Manning brother in the family, cause the rest of his body of work is a pile of crap.

i’m wrong a ton, but was right when i said lamar was the best qb in that draft

Kudos. I found him intriguing in the draft and was unsure how good he could be. What he was doing last year, running 20x/game and taking a ton of hits, was not sustainable. Now he's running a bit less, and he takes few big hits. He worked really hard this offseason on his mechanics, and he's become a much better passer than he was last year. The other big thing was that Harbaugh finally got rid of Morninweg as his OC and elevated Roman to the position. Roman was SF's OC when they had Smith and Kaep. He's a big proponent of the run game and knows how to design an offense around a running QB. The other thing they did was draft McSorley, who looked surprisingly good in the preseason. So they have 3 running QBs and don't have to change the offense if Lamar gets hurt.

Back