• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

I'm pulling for Jackson, but no QB that runs that much has had sustained success

may he buck that trend

Some get injured. Some fade or slow down. More likely is that NFL DCs figure out a scheme to stop him - or at least limit him - and force the Ravens to win some other way. This already happened in the playoff game against the Chargers last year. He's still fun as hell to watch at the moment.

So, are you talking career, like you said earlier, or are we just talking this year now that you are changing your argument? Let's talk about this year then, Rodgers still has a passer rating over 100 (his career rating is a best ever 103), his team is 8-3, he's thrown 18 TDs and 2 ints. ELIte has a career passer rating of 84 (below Jay Cutler), and never had a season with a passer rating over 93.6. So, Rodgers in decline with no receivers is still significantly better than ELIte's best ever year. And Rodgers has only had one season (2015, under McCarthy) where his rating (92.7) was lower than ELIte's best year.

Look, you're either dumb (which has been proven) or trolling (which isn't interesting) here, so I'll just choose to stop engaging with you on this.

I'm not changing anything, you are the one who first made the GOAT comment, and I would assume that the GOAT wouldn't have to make excuses from year to year. But regardless, congrats to Rodgers on his Passer Rating trophy. When is the parade scheduled for?

Some get injured. Some fade or slow down. More likely is that NFL DCs figure out a scheme to stop him - or at least limit him - and force the Ravens to win some other way. This already happened in the playoff game against the Chargers last year. He's still fun as hell to watch at the moment.

Yeah I'm very intrigued to see what happens if the Hoody gets another shot at Lamar in the playoffs. I'd expect it to be far different.

I'm not changing anything, you are the one who first made the GOAT comment, and I would assume that the GOAT wouldn't have to make excuses from year to year. But regardless, congrats to Rodgers on his Passer Rating trophy. When is the parade scheduled for?

He's got a point. It's not like Aaron is the Zeller of the NFL.

Some OCs never figure out how to utilize and protect running QBs.

Kaep should be able to win a huge collusion case against the NFL. Look at who is starting around the league these days. Detroit will be starting an undrafted QB with a no name scrub behind him. This is a disgrace!

Dude. You are terrible at this.

You can't be in the GOAT discussion if you also say "He also has super trash receivers behind Davante". The QB's job is to turn trash WRs into wins. See Brady and ELIte. And Rodgers already has Adams who clearly is anything but trash. GTFO with GOAT conversation if you are going to bring up a WR excuse. And TEs don't lose the ability to catch. Graham may not be able to run like he once did, but he can still catch the ball if it is thrown in his area. It isn't his fault that JayC from State Farm can't get it to him.

Eli in the greatest ever conversation? Jesus Christ , you are a troll.

And you saying Eli had a better career that Marino is absolute shit. Any nfl exec, or coach, from the last 40 years would disagree with your assessment. Absolutely laughable. And I also noticed you saying Eli taking garbage receivers and making them better. Wasn’t Plaxico on the first super bowl team? He was a top 10 wr at the time. And the second super bowl, wasn’t prime victor Cruz on that team? He was definitely a top 10 wr at that time.

Kaep should be able to win a huge collusion case against the NFL. Look at who is starting around the league these days. Detroit will be starting an undrafted QB with a no name scrub behind him. This is a disgrace!

I thought he signed away his right to sue in a settlement a couple years back?

Not a 'boys fan, but absolutely the best thing that has happened to the 'boys in 20 years. No way GM Jerry Jones keeps Garrett now. I'm shocked he wasn't fired in post game. Has to be tomorrow.

As opposed to Manning where you can question if he has the talent, this team should be cruising into the playoffs and getting a 1st round bye instead of fighting to win the division to just make the playoffs.

If Jones actually hires a competent coach it's bad for the rest of the league. You have a defense that should be top 10, a QB a top RB, WR and O line. Give this to New England and they probably win them all with no game within one score.

NO-ATL

two straight on-side kicks by ATL (actually 3 but 1st on was incorrectly ruled offside)

That was the worst onside coverage I've seen. They didn't even bother trying to recover it before it rolled 10 yards.

Not a 'boys fan, but absolutely the best thing that has happened to the 'boys in 20 years. No way GM Jerry Jones keeps Garrett now. I'm shocked he wasn't fired in post game. Has to be tomorrow.

As opposed to Manning where you can question if he has the talent, this team should be cruising into the playoffs and getting a 1st round bye instead of fighting to win the division to just make the playoffs.

If Jones actually hires a competent coach it's bad for the rest of the league. You have a defense that should be top 10, a QB a top RB, WR and O line. Give this to New England and they probably win them all with no game within one score.

Jerry was in locker room after game last night and insists that 1) we have the right coaches, 2) we are going to go on a 5 games win streak (there are only 4 games left OWG) 3) this team can still get to the Super Bowl this year. Whatever...

Personally I think we have quit and tuned Jason out. I have no idea who new coach should be but a change is needed.

Jerry was in locker room after game last night and insists that 1) we have the right coaches, 2) we are going to go on a 5 games win streak (there are only 4 games left OWG) 3) this team can still get to the Super Bowl this year. Whatever...

Personally I think we have quit and tuned Jason out. I have no idea who new coach should be but a change is needed.
Change is needed indeed

Garrett is useless

For a non-'boys fan this is like early Christmas. The morning ESPN talk shows have been 95% 'boys, you'd think there were no other games yesterday. Stephen A. has been a riot.

Best thing for 'boys would have been to fire Garrett today, promote an assistant and send the message to the team that no one is safe.

And for the 'Stat-heads' one argument that is being played out is that Jerry doesn't like advanced analytics so the 'boys are not even leveraging them.

Of course maybe Jerry is smarter than we thing, he'll save some money on Dak now. He's not going to get the 'new standard' for QB pay. The guy can put up 350 yds in losing efforts but that's not delivering when needed.

I would love for nothing more than Jerry to dig in his heals and keep Garrett for another year (given that they could easily back into the playoffs that is somewhat real), but this is one of the rare cases of something being so obvious you are just left scratching your head over how it continues.

Jerry would be foolish to fire the head coach of a team still leading their division that is capable of playing better in the playoffs.

Jerry would be foolish to fire the head coach of a team still leading their division that is capable of playing better in the playoffs.

Or he fires him and the team plays up to it's potential. It matters not to me, this is like watching a mini-series, so it's good entertainment. America's Team!

Last night we found out that Dallas would be 4th place in AFC East - losing to Pats, Jets, Bills. Clearly Buffalo does not have the better team, but they have a better coach.

Back