• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Good shit from the Broncos. Instead of taking a knee with 9 seconds left, game tied, on their own 28...Lock chucks a deep ball and draws a pass interference penalty. McManus drills the 53 yarder to win in regulation.

For a non-'boys fan this is like early Christmas. The morning ESPN talk shows have been 95% 'boys, you'd think there were no other games yesterday. Stephen A. has been a riot.

Best thing for 'boys would have been to fire Garrett today, promote an assistant and send the message to the team that no one is safe.

And for the 'Stat-heads' one argument that is being played out is that Jerry doesn't like advanced analytics so the 'boys are not even leveraging them.

Of course maybe Jerry is smarter than we thing, he'll save some money on Dak now. He's not going to get the 'new standard' for QB pay. The guy can put up 350 yds in losing efforts but that's not delivering when needed.

I would love for nothing more than Jerry to dig in his heals and keep Garrett for another year (given that they could easily back into the playoffs that is somewhat real), but this is one of the rare cases of something being so obvious you are just left scratching your head over how it continues.

hey look. it’s a toolbag pats fan.

Good shit from the Broncos. Instead of taking a knee with 9 seconds left, game tied, on their own 28...Lock chucks a deep ball and draws a pass interference penalty. McManus drills the 53 yarder to win in regulation.

They were due for a break like this after some of their finishes this year. Not a terrible team.

Last night we found out that Dallas would be 4th place in AFC East - losing to Pats, Jets, Bills. Clearly Buffalo does not have the better team, but they have a better coach.

Forgive the self-quote, but this made me think of a Bum Phillips quote:

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." ~ Bum Phillips On Bear Bryant

This is what happened in Dallas on Thursday.

Last night we found out that Dallas would be 4th place in AFC East - losing to Pats, Jets, Bills. Clearly Buffalo does not have the better team, but they have a better coach.

I think we found out the whole NFC East would be below the AFC East after Philly lost to the Dolphins.

It's quite possible they'll be sending the first .500 or lower division winner to the playoffs since the 2014 P-Cats (7-8-1).

Dallas, 6-6 (4-0)
@ Chicago
vs. LA Rams
@ Philadelphia
vs. Washington

Philadelphia, 5-7 (1-1)
vs. NY Giants
@ Washington
vs. Dallas
@ NY Giants

How bad must the Giants and Red Potatoes suck to be behind these two mediocre teams in the NFC East? Woof.

Joe Tessitore is such a cheeseball and thus it's no wonder Russell Wilson is right up his alley. They have a mike on Wilson and you hear him saying a bunch of cliches like "let's go get it, have confidence, no fear, let's play 30 more minutes of good football," etc. Just claptrap. And Tessitore's comment: "It's like listening in to a master class in leadership.":sick:

Joe Tessitore is such a cheeseball and thus it's no wonder Russell Wilson is right up his alley. They have a mike on Wilson and you hear him saying a bunch of cliches like "let's go get it, have confidence, no fear, let's play 30 more minutes of good football," etc. Just claptrap. And Tessitore's comment: "It's like listening in to a master class in leadership.":sick:
His comment to the former ref in the booth about his pension was hella weird and uncomfortable.

Life comes at you fast, Vikings fans.

Starting to get pretty excited about the playoffs. Both conferences have a strong top tier. The NFC has the Niners, Seahawks, and Saints with the Vikings and Packers not too far behind. The AFC has the Ravens and Pats. The Bills make a nice underdog story and everybody wants to see Mahomes and the Chiefs get a shot at the Brady and/or Jackson. The Texans made their presence known last night, too.

Last edited:
Coaches probably get tired of having to use their challenges on calls that pretty clearly should have gone the other way. That seemed like a clear catch and "football move."

Life comes at you fast, Seahawks fans.

Life comes at you fast, Vikings fans.

Starting to get pretty excited about the playoffs. Both conferences have a strong top tier. The NFC has the Niners, Seahawks, and Saints with the Vikings and Packers not too far behind. The AFC has the Ravens and Pats. The Bills make a nice underdog story and everybody wants to see Mahomes and the Chiefs get a shot at the Brady and/or Jackson. The Texans made their presence known last night, too.

Seattle/New Orleans in either stadium would be fun as hell for the champ round. Which means we're definitely getting Vikings Packers.

Seattle/New Orleans in either stadium would be fun as hell for the champ round. Which means we're definitely getting Vikings Packers.

Once Mahomes starts going again, I wouldn't count out the Chiefs, especially if they can improve on D just a little. As a Ravens fan, they scare me more than NE, given NE's current offensive woes. At this point, I feel that the NFC title game will be some combo of Sea/NO/SF, and the AFC will be a combo of Bal/KC/NE. I just don't see Hou winning a playoff game @ Bal or KC.

Listening to the mic'd up with Russell Wilson...he's the type of teammate I'd want to punch in the face. Hard to believe his approach motivates his teammates, but he's a helluva player.

Listening to the mic'd up with Russell Wilson...he's the type of teammate I'd want to punch in the face. Hard to believe his approach motivates his teammates, but he's a helluva player.

he's just biding his time so he can be paired with Tess on MNF to form the corniest booth of all time

Know your audience.

Back