• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Yep, the Giants D holding the highest-scoring offense in history to 13 points had nothing to do with that win in 2007, it was all Eli.......GTFO with that nonsense. Eli benefited from two of the luckiest catches in Super Bowl history in his two wins, he should thank his lucky stars his WR's bailed him out or he would have spent the past 15 years hearing about how he was the 3rd best Manning brother in the family, cause the rest of his body of work is a pile of crap.

I love how when Tom Brady wins with no-name WRs it is all about Brady but when Eli wins with no-name RBs and great throws to fucking David Tyree and Mario Manningham it is all about "luck". On the biggest stage in the world. Against what was perceived as one of the best, if not the best, team in history. Twice. Got it.

Meanwhile Rodgers is yearning for Mike McCarthy with a trio of Devonte Adams and Jimmy Graham and Aaron Jones, which is clearly top half if not top 10 of WR/TE/RB combos in the league.

clearly the greatest QB's in the history of the game are:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Terry Bradshaw
4. (tie) Eli Manning/Bart Starr

and gtfo with any other list

Objective by what standard? Ask Rodgers which he would rather have, (a) a TD/INT ratio and QB rating; or (b) a second ring and Super Bowl MVP?

and 2 league MVPs, something Eli will never get in his career and never came close to at his peak. Rodgers could definitely get another ring, but he has the award to prove he was the best in the game.

clearly the greatest QB's in the history of the game are:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Terry Bradshaw
4. (tie) Eli Manning/Bart Starr

and gtfo with any other list

ELI Manning is barely the third best QB in his own family.

At least share share your drugs with everyone else.

Jimmy Graham, 317 yard rec (29 per game), 3 TDs this season

Stud.

That's my point. He had no problem putting up stats with Drew Brees and Russell Wilson as his QBs. Now he has Jay Cutler from State Farm, sans McCarthy and his khakis, and can't get the ball.

I hate myself for entering this conversation, but...

Have you all seen Jimmy Graham play this year? The dude is a shell of what he used to be. In addition to not being able to move anymore (similar to Tyler Eifert in that injuries have apparently taken their toll), he has developed stone hands. He's still a nice, big target... But he's not an above average TE at this point in his career.

I love how when Tom Brady wins with no-name WRs it is all about Brady but when Eli wins with no-name RBs and great throws to fucking David Tyree and Mario Manningham it is all about "luck". On the biggest stage in the world. Against what was perceived as one of the best, if not the best, team in history. Twice. Got it.

Meanwhile Rodgers is yearning for Mike McCarthy with a trio of Devonte Adams and Jimmy Graham and Aaron Jones, which is clearly top half if not top 10 of WR/TE/RB combos in the league.

Lol -- have you seen Jimmy Graham play at all in the last 3 years? He's a shell of his former self. Rodgers is in the GOAT discussion. I think his play has fallen off in the last couple of years (and he has been injured a lot during this time and he is getting old), and that is playing a part, but it ain't got shit to do with McCarthy. He was worse in the last 2 to 3 years with McCarthy than he is this year, even with learning a new offense. He also has super trash receivers behind Davante because McCarthy and Thompson stayed about 5 years too long. You should just stop talking.

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100. Week 12. Patriots and Seahawks still winning.

Lamar Jackson's success is fascinating because there were so many smart people saying that he could never be an NFL quarterback.

I didn't think he was an accurate enough thrower to succeed in the NFL. Also, when I listened to him interviewed in college (on SiriusXM), he sounded like a complete moron. I got the impression he was lazy after hearing an interview where he said he didn't like to leave his room much and he just slept all of the time... I guess he just didn't give a shit about being a student, because all reports now are that his work ethic is strong. The dude just lives football, I guess.

A lot of people relied on some really dumb racial tropes. Good for him for getting sleep. A lot of college kids don’t.

The effort people put into putting down Jackson was very disheartening. Lamar Jackson was always a really good QB at Louisville and he improved significantly from year to year from 18 to 19 to 20 years old.

It made complete sense that he could continue that trajectory in the NFL.

I was watching last night's game for the sole purpose of fantasy: spoiler alert, I lost because the Ravens were murdering the Rams so hard that they stopped throwing the ball to Marquise Brown.

That said, the announcers were pretty awful in terms of their fellating of Jackson. Yes, he's awesome and should be the league MVP, but holy hell - settle down.

He’s still 22 years old and he’s setting the league on fire. He’s 15 months younger than Mahomes. He’s even younger than possible #1 pick Joe Burrow.

The league is in a weird position where the top QBs are either 36 and older or 10 years younger. The middle generation of Luck and Cam may be done and even the group behind them of Jameis, Mariota, Goff, and Wentz may be in decline.

Last edited:
Lol -- have you seen Jimmy Graham play at all in the last 3 years? He's a shell of his former self. Rodgers is in the GOAT discussion. I think his play has fallen off in the last couple of years (and he has been injured a lot during this time and he is getting old), and that is playing a part, but it ain't got shit to do with McCarthy. He was worse in the last 2 to 3 years with McCarthy than he is this year, even with learning a new offense. He also has super trash receivers behind Davante because McCarthy and Thompson stayed about 5 years too long. You should just stop talking.

You can't be in the GOAT discussion if you also say "He also has super trash receivers behind Davante". The QB's job is to turn trash WRs into wins. See Brady and ELIte. And Rodgers already has Adams who clearly is anything but trash. GTFO with GOAT conversation if you are going to bring up a WR excuse. And TEs don't lose the ability to catch. Graham may not be able to run like he once did, but he can still catch the ball if it is thrown in his area. It isn't his fault that JayC from State Farm can't get it to him.

EKULOX8WkAAn8Mo

I'm pulling for Jackson, but no QB that runs that much has had sustained success

may he buck that trend

A lot of people relied on some really dumb racial tropes. Good for him for getting sleep. A lot of college kids don’t.

The effort people put into putting down Jackson was very disheartening. Lamar Jackson was always a really good QB at Louisville and he improved significantly from year to year from 18 to 19 to 20 years old.

Yeah, I've gone back to try to find the interview I am talking about... I think it was on Full Ride during Jackson's last year at Louisville (the year after he won the Heisman). IIRC, it was right before the FSU game when they were 4-3... They had beaten FSU 63-20 the year before during their fast start (got to 9-1 with a close loss to Clemson) and they were interviewing him about the upcoming "rematch". He sounded high/sleepy and disinterested. I'm sure there were terrible questions being asked, but it was mostly one-word answers and mumbles. A struggle from start to finish.

Unfortunately, that interview clouded my judgement of him. A point that has been made even clearer as I've searched for that interview today and come across a number of others from his time at Louisville where he comes across as a great, humble kid. So that's 100% my bad.

I'll stand by the fact that his accuracy kind of sucked in college... Though I don't think he had a lot of help w/ his receivers.

I walked right by Jackson in an airport two years ago and couldn't believe how skinny he was - cross country runner skinny

right now it is comical how easy it looks for him, but I'm half expecting him to slip on some ice in Foxboro in late January and tweak something, gifting the Super Bowl to the Pats

He’s still 22 years old and he’s setting the league on fire. He’s 15 months younger than Mahomes. He’s even younger than possible #1 pick Joe Burrow.

The league is in a weird position where the top QBs are either 36 and older or 10 years younger. The middle generation of Luck and Cam may be done and even the group behind them of Jameis, Mariota, Goff, and Wentz may be in decline.

The amount he has improved in a 15 month period of time is astounding. He looked RG3 in Cleveland level awful in his 1st preseason. I started fearing he was a bust. Then Flacco played half of last season before getting hurt. So he is thrown in there, he starts running the ball 20 or so times a game, throws it erratically, but we were winning most of those games. Then we lose the playoff game to the Chargers where he struggled, and our OL never could solve their pass rush. The talk around Baltimore this past offseason was what he was doing last year wasn't sustainable. There were also a number of pieces talking about all the work he was putting in with a QB guru last offseason to work on his mechanics, especially his footwork. The other thing that shouldn't be underestimated was the subtraction of Morninweg and the addition of Roman. But the difference is just night and day. He's completing 67% of his passes, anticipating and going through his reads better and throwing with way better accuracy. He still runs a fair amount, but he isn't putting himself in those situations where he takes big hits like he was doing last year. He looked much improved in the preseason and played well early in the year, but he's just playing lights out now. The OL is also much improved, which helps greatly. But he's gone from deer in headlights with bad footwork and reluctant to throw to league MVP status literally in 15 months.

You can't be in the GOAT discussion if you also say "He also has super trash receivers behind Davante". The QB's job is to turn trash WRs into wins. See Brady and ELIte. And Rodgers already has Adams who clearly is anything but trash. GTFO with GOAT conversation if you are going to bring up a WR excuse. And TEs don't lose the ability to catch. Graham may not be able to run like he once did, but he can still catch the ball if it is thrown in his area. It isn't his fault that JayC from State Farm can't get it to him.

So, are you talking career, like you said earlier, or are we just talking this year now that you are changing your argument? Let's talk about this year then, Rodgers still has a passer rating over 100 (his career rating is a best ever 103), his team is 8-3, he's thrown 18 TDs and 2 ints. ELIte has a career passer rating of 84 (below Jay Cutler), and never had a season with a passer rating over 93.6. So, Rodgers in decline with no receivers is still significantly better than ELIte's best ever year. And Rodgers has only had one season (2015, under McCarthy) where his rating (92.7) was lower than ELIte's best year.

Look, you're either dumb (which has been proven) or trolling (which isn't interesting) here, so I'll just choose to stop engaging with you on this.

Back