• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100. Week 15. Pats doing something Shady?

Brees in SD was a good but not great QB who had a devastating injury. The Chargers brass did what most franchises would do.

The Dolphins medical staff on the other hand completely blew it. They could have had Brees vs. Brady in the division for the last 13 seasons.

Last edited:
This may be the biggest QB play discrepancy in any game in NFL history.

NFC playoffs should be fun as hell once the NFC East "champion" gets roasted in the first weekend. The top four teams are fun to watch and even Minnesota is a little frisky. Epic home crowds for Seattle and NO and Lambeau in the winter always looks great on TV.

Brees in SD was a good but not great QB who had a devastating injury. The Chargers brass did what most franchises would do.

The Dolphins medical staff on the other hand completely blew it. They could have had Brees vs. Brady in the division for the last 13 seasons.

Dan Patrick was talking about this earlier. Imagine the ripple effects it causes. Saban probably succeeds with Brees in Miami, doesn't go to Alabama, possibly stays in the NFL, or eventually ends up somewhere like Texas or Michigan.

NFC playoffs should be fun as hell once the NFC East "champion" gets roasted in the first weekend. The top four teams are fun to watch and even Minnesota is a little frisky. Epic home crowds for Seattle and NO and Lambeau in the winter always looks great on TV.

Definitely. The AFC should be fun after the Wild Card too, especially if the Bills beat the Pats this week and force the Pats into the Wild Card and having to beat the Chiefs and the Ravens to make the Super Bowl.

Dan Patrick was talking about this earlier. Imagine the ripple effects it causes. Saban probably succeeds with Brees in Miami, doesn't go to Alabama, possibly stays in the NFL, or eventually ends up somewhere like Texas or Michigan.

Yep. We had a good discussion about this a few years ago.

Pats will still win the division if they beat the Fins in Week 17 even if the Bills win this weekend

Right. But they could drop to the 3 seed and host the Steelers in the Wild Card round, then have to go through the Chiefs and likely Ravens.

Bills need to beat the Pats, then the Chiefs need to win out (@ CHI, vs. LAC) to bump the Pats to the 3 seed. Not impossible, but likely improbable. There's a decent possibility they could get the Touchdown Tannehills in the WC round instead of PIT.

Related: ESPN's playoff machine is fun as hell. http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

The improbable part is the Bills beating the Pats. Should be a good game. Both sides have plenty of motivation.

I think Belichick has been sandbagging. He did not want to reveal his plan to beat play-off teams in the regular season.

I think Belichick has been sandbagging. He did not want to reveal his plan to beat play-off teams in the regular season.

Maybe, but it looks to me like the Patriots really suck on offense. The Patriots receivers are among the worst in football; their OL is dinged and average, and their running backs are useful, but not explosive and Brady is 42, and playing like it. Oh yeah, their kicking game is a disaster too.

The New England defense is elite, and if they get to the AFC Championship, I'm sure they will have a different gameplan for Lamar, but it's going to be hard to beat the Chiefs and Ravens back to back if the Pats score in the teens. Cincy held the Pats to less than 300 yards last week. The only reason that NE won easily is because Andy Dalton started hitting the Patriot DBs in stride (4 picks; 3 on consecutive possessions).

All true. It looks like they're doomed, then..

source.gif

...and Belichick gets slobbered on again by the media citing his "genius."

Spanos ran Brees out of town. Brees went above AJ Smith’s head to the Dean Spanos and wanted to stay. They ran him out of town for P Rivers.

Maybe, but it looks to me like the Patriots really suck on offense. The Patriots receivers are among the worst in football; their OL is dinged and average, and their running backs are useful, but not explosive and Brady is 42, and playing like it. Oh yeah, their kicking game is a disaster too.

The New England defense is elite, and if they get to the AFC Championship, I'm sure they will have a different gameplan for Lamar, but it's going to be hard to beat the Chiefs and Ravens back to back if the Pats score in the teens. Cincy held the Pats to less than 300 yards last week. The only reason that NE won easily is because Andy Dalton started hitting the Patriot DBs in stride (4 picks; 3 on consecutive possessions).

Agree about their O. They've gotten Wynn back, and the OL is still just average at best. And Edelman is the only player you have to remotely game plan for. And it says something about how special Gronk was. They do have 1 of the top 5 of so Ds in the league, though I don't necessarily think their D is better than say Buffalo's or San Fran's. The advantage both Buffalo and NE have had is they've played historically weak schedules with 10 games against AFCE and NFCE offenses. And apparently, opposing QBs haven't gotten the memo that you don't throw at Gilmore. Dude has Ramsey level of talent but without the mouth. I would say their front 7 is solid, but they have the best secondary in the game. And while the hoodie is still the best coach in the game, I just don't think they have the talent on offense to take out KC and Baltimore in a row. I'm hoping the final 4 is Bal/KC and SF/NO - would make for the best viewing.

7-7 Cowboys vs 7-7 Eagles for the NFC East title is the most 4:15 EST on Fox game you could concoct

Is Pederson calling the game for the Eagles or the Cowboys? Two 3rd and 1s and no Wentz calls. He's 9/9 on 3 & 1 this year. On 4&1, he calls a slant.

WTF???

Jason Garrett SUUCCKKKSSSS

“Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, that Cooper and Randall Cobb weren’t on the field for final fourth-down play because they needed a rest after being in for a lot of plays in the two-minute offense. Huh?”

Jason Garrett SUUCCKKKSSSS

“Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, that Cooper and Randall Cobb weren’t on the field for final fourth-down play because they needed a rest after being in for a lot of plays in the two-minute offense. Huh?”

OMG that's so fucking abysmal

fire his ass tomorrow morning

Back