• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

remember when the Chicago Bears traded up a pick to draft Mitchell Trubisky over these QBs?

Well, Mitchy did start one whole season for a mediocre UNC team. He led them to 8-5 and a bowl loss.

Of course, you'd take him over a QB who won the NC by beating an allegedly all-time great Bama team.

Who wouldn't want Mitchy over a guy who played in back-to-back NC games? After all Watson only threw for 825 yards in two games against Bama. Who'd want him?

The HOF guy is the largest man in history. What is he like, 6’9, 400?

According to Wikipedia, yes. 6'9.5 and 400 lbs. Played Power Forward in college apparently.

Russell Wilson: You are a goober. You have a ridiculous shtick. You have incredible talent but are the embodiment of a doofus. Most importantly, you literally threw away an entire Super Bowl. I hope you never get the chance to redeem yourself. One thing we know, you "Pack of Badgers" :rolleyes: IT AIN'T GONNA BE THIS YEAR G'BYE

Seemed to be short. I guess the NFL didn't want any final play drama this year.

After getting beat when he first entered the game, Haynes played really well at guard for the Seahawks. On Marshawn's Lynch's second TD, Phil plows the GB DT into the endzone and Lynch followed Haynes into the endzone. Really happy for him, and what a high-pressure environment to get his first extended PT.

Phil Haynes is #60...

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2020-4d43-502d-353032333337

yeah, he looked pretty good!

in my head I had him as out for the year -- pretty cool to see him step up like that in the playoffs

Russell Wilson: You are a goober. You have a ridiculous shtick. You have incredible talent but are the embodiment of a doofus. Most importantly, you literally threw away an entire Super Bowl. I hope you never get the chance to redeem yourself. One thing we know, you "Pack of Badgers" :rolleyes: IT AIN'T GONNA BE THIS YEAR G'BYE

So he's a goober. He's also 1 of the 3 best QBs in the sport (along with Rodgers and Mahomes) and is 1-1 in SBs. And threw away is kinda harsh. They should have run it with Beastmode against NE, but who called the play, him or Carroll/OC? Seattle had no business being in that game last night with no running game, and he kept them in it.

C'ville,

Comments and thoughts about the Ravens debacle on Saturday night? That was one of the most surprising games (not just the loss, but the extent of the Titans' domination) in recent memory.

Last edited:
So he would be an offensive coordinator who does not coordinate the offense? Sounds like the perfect job for him.

So he would be an offensive coordinator who does not coordinate the offense? Sounds like the perfect job for him.

That would be an interesting question, were he to get hired.

Writer was really down on Eagles Wide receivers coach for bad personnel advice (Mack Hollins over Greg Ward, passing on Metcalf in the draft) and the regression of the Eagles receivers from 2018 to 2019.

C'ville,

Comments and thoughts about the Ravens debacle on Saturday night? That was one of the most surprising games (not just the loss, but the extent of the Titans' domination) in recent memory.

Depression, mainly. Like I said, I think there was a certain amount of panic in the play calling by Roman and Harbs. Martindale was also blitzing a lot to try to force the action, however we didn't create any TOs by doing it and gave up a big TD pass by leaving a CB on an island w/o safety help. We had been a big and physical team that was used to getting our way on both sides of the LOS. And with Brandon Williams at NT, no team is normally able to run on us (he was out for the Cle loss early in the season), however Ten was the 1st team to run all over us when we had a healthy D. We got out physicaled, which is rare. Add to that they stacked the box and made Jackson try to run mostly laterally. Again, I'm no Pees fan, but he had a great game plan. Ten wanted Jackson to win the game running and throwing. The RBs had few carries, though a decent ypc. That's where I think we could have kept at that and not abandoned the RBs - we were only down 14-6 at half. And we had a great conversion rate going for 4th downs, and I don't think we had been stopped all year on a 4th and 1. Ten outmanned us and stopped it twice. I mean, we had close to twice their yards, and most of Tannehill's yardage came on that 45 yard TD. But 2 failed conversions and 3 TOs to their 0 TOs. And even though Ten didn't have a ton of yards, they got a couple of long runs from Henry, the brilliant double move for a TD and equally brilliant Henry jump pass ala Tebow. So in addition to the TO disparity, they converted their 4 opportunities for 4 TDs, and we didn't convert jack. Total team and coaching loss.

That said, DeCosta did a great job assembling talent, and we're in the best salary cap shape we've been in in many years heading into the offseason, with the Rice and Flacco salaries now completely off the books. It's a pretty young team that should be in good shape for the next 2-3 years. Assuming Ten locks down Tannehill and he can duplicate this year's effort, Ten, Bal & KC should have the fewest questions going into next year of the decent teams in the AFC. The 1 issue going forward is they're still built to play from ahead, and what happens when they get behind in a playoff game next year.

Seems like a great guy. Just a little misunderstood.

I don't know squat about brain injuries, but the viral idea that Brown's behavior went off the rails after the Burfict hit makes some sense to me

Back