• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

So he's a goober. He's also 1 of the 3 best QBs in the sport (along with Rodgers and Mahomes) and is 1-1 in SBs. And threw away is kinda harsh. They should have run it with Beastmode against NE, but who called the play, him or Carroll/OC? Seattle had no business being in that game last night with no running game, and he kept them in it.

Ok. I’m not questioning his talent. I just don’t like him. You’re looking at it objectively and I’m not.

He’s a State guy, and has an insincere shtick as far as I’m concerned, so yes I’m going to gloat when he gets knocked out of the playoffs because #sports. And he did in fact objectively and literally throw away a Super Bowl in one of the worst gaffes in the history of America’s most watched and most important athletic spectacle. So I’ve got that going for me. Which is nice.

I’m a Panther and Deacon fan. Got to cling to something in these dark days!!

He did not throw away a Super Bowl. He executed the play as drawn. Michael Irvin did a great piece on this. One WR was supposed to lock with his DB and drive him back so the other DB would have to go around them. The other WR was supposed to run a skinny slant inside the first WR and the ball is supposed to be there. There is no reading by the QB. It's a bang-bang play. The first WR did not hit his DB hard or drive him back, and the Patriot CB who anticipated the play had a direct path to the ball (DB didn't have to go around), and the DB made a play. Fault lies with the blocking WR not setting up adequate "interference." It's a form of pick play common at the goal line that was not well executed.

But I get it, you don't like Wilson's squeaky clean image. I don't think the above is going to convince you.

Edit:
I can't find the Michael Irvin breakdown of this play on the football field teaching young WR's.

Here is what Wilson saw at release (0:02 of video)

Pete Carroll referring to failed interference.

Russell never once said #15 missed his assignment. Never once said they should have handed-off the Marshawn. He's taking the blame. You can see #15 motion to the sidelines after the play. He's explaining why his block was not there.

Last edited:
NOLA police issue arrest warrant for OBJ Jr. for slapping the ass of an officer while in the LSU locker room postgame on Monday

Last edited:
Putting out an arrest warrant for a go team ass slap is crazier than anything OBJ did.

OBJ also caught on tape handing out what looks like cash to LSU players during post game celebration.

OBJ also caught on tape handing out what looks like cash to LSU players during post game celebration.

I love the pants-wetting about this. Meanwhile, how much do Dabo and Orgeron clear for their playoff successes? What a joke.

He did not throw away a Super Bowl. He executed the play as drawn. Michael Irvin did a great piece on this. One WR was supposed to lock with his DB and drive him back so the other DB would have to go around them. The other WR was supposed to run a skinny slant inside the first WR and the ball is supposed to be there. There is no reading by the QB. It's a bang-bang play. The first WR did not hit his DB hard or drive him back, and the Patriot CB who anticipated the play had a direct path to the ball (DB didn't have to go around), and the DB made a play. Fault lies with the blocking WR not setting up adequate "interference." It's a form of pick play common at the goal line that was not well executed.

But I get it, you don't like Wilson's squeaky clean image. I don't think the above is going to convince you.

Edit:
I can't find the Michael Irvin breakdown of this play on the football field teaching young WR's.

Here is what Wilson saw at release (0:02 of video)

Pete Carroll referring to failed interference.

Russell never once said #15 missed his assignment. Never once said they should have handed-off the Marshawn. He's taking the blame. You can see #15 motion to the sidelines after the play. He's explaining why his block was not there.

So you say he takes the blame yet he’s not to blame? The man can do no wrong apparently. Other Seahawks also lost the super bowl but Russell Wilson threw an interception that ended it. At some point he should probably be accountable for that. If the pass isn’t there, don’t throw it. He threw away the super bowl and this is a part of his legacy. No amount of explanation or finesse will alter that fact. And because I’m a spiteful sports fan I revel in that.

Putting out an arrest warrant for a go team ass slap is crazier than anything OBJ did.

Well said.

There's not a level of sensitivity that includes this. That's extremely pathetic.

Yeah, I'm thinking that security guard is just looking for a payday. If I'm the judge, I find him guilty and sentence him to a $1 fine. I have a bigger problem with OBJ raining cash on the players on national tv. If you want to do something like that, you do it behind closed doors with no cameras present. He essentially messed with the eligibility of any of those players who are returning to LSU next year. I'm sure it'll get resolved, but it was incredibly stupid and reckless on his part. But he's an attention seeking diva WR, so what's new.

Yeah, I'm thinking that security guard is just looking for a payday. If I'm the judge, I find him guilty and sentence him to a $1 fine. I have a bigger problem with OBJ raining cash on the players on national tv. If you want to do something like that, you do it behind closed doors with no cameras present. He essentially messed with the eligibility of any of those players who are returning to LSU next year. I'm sure it'll get resolved, but it was incredibly stupid and reckless on his part. But he's an attention seeking diva WR, so what's new.

LOL.

I’m sure it was mildly annoying for the LSU administrators to win a national championship and part of the story the next week is this pesky thing that they have to deal with. Thanks Odell!

And one of the non-returning players went on a national TV talk show and confirmed that it was real cash.

This will probably get cleaned up, but was so unnecessary. Cash returned, OBJ banned from LSU locker room for some time period.

Seems like if you don't want players getting money, keeping millionaires and billionaires off the sideline would a good start.

Seems like if you don't want players getting money, keeping millionaires and billionaires off the sideline would a good start.

Most millionaires and billionaires don't just hand out fistfuls of cash.

And actually, you do want them on your sidelines so they hand out the cash in ways that benefit the program and don't run afoul of NCAA rules.

See the Sutton Center, the Miller Center, the McCreary Field house, the Shah Basketball Complex at Wake. And loads of similar facilities at Wake and other universities.

As much as I think it was past the time for Garrett to leave the Cowboys, I defs don’t like seeing him end up with the Giants.

I’d love to learn more about the inner workings of coaching staffs. Dude ran the Cowboys for a decade and now he’s going to be OC for a guy who was a WR coach two weeks ago.

That security guard better get a bunch of money (after paying his lawyers), because he'll never work at the Superdome or any major facility again after this. He can't go to trial over this. I can't imagine a jury giving him anything more than $1 fine mentioned above.

Many celebrities have insurance for lawsuits like this. So, OBJ may not care if it goes to trial.

Thoughts on today?

I like both of the favorites, but I doubt they both cover.

Love SF. So much talk about how this matchup will be different than 2 months ago... I don’t see it. Got it at -7.5.

Like KC, but won’t bet it. Feels like TEN could keep it going for another week and at least make it close.

SF/KC teaser seems like a no brainer... Which is why I think one of the games will be very close (or an upset). The teaser looks too easy... That’s never a good sign.

Back