• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Urban Meyer, a latterday Seth Greenberg-esque bubble boy.

The pain of getting left out might just be enough for him to remember

I am guessing the committee puts Ohio State 5 tonight though to give themselves the leeway to flip if OU beats a better opponent this weekend.

Watch me be wrong in circa 30 minutes !

nah, I think they make it easy on themselves by putting OU #4 and OSU #5 so that if both win there won't be any further controversy.

Nothing has changed for Georgia since the LSU loss. Win the rest of your games and you're in the playoff. Lose and you're done. Tonight's rankings are just an interim step.

Already getting psyched for the SECCG. Headed down to the ATL on Saturday morning. Will report back to compare and contrast the atmosphere at MB Dome with the Wake/Pitt game.

Really hope the Dawgs win and the committee keeps Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia, and kicks Notre Dame out.

Already getting psyched for the SECCG. Headed down to the ATL on Saturday morning. Will report back to compare and contrast the atmosphere at MB Dome with the Wake/Pitt game.

Really hope the Dawgs win and the committee keeps Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia, and kicks Notre Dame out.

Or, UGA will get their asses handed to them and you’ll disappear (as Biff) for three weeks !

Sick of hearing about Ian Book. If your head coach is too stupid to start the best quarterback he has and it makes your team look like shit, I'm sorry.

Look at ND's common opponents:

Vanderbilt: ND won 22-17, Georgia won 41-13
Michigan: ND won 24-17, Ohio State won 62-39
Wake Forest: ND won 56-27, Clemson won 63-3
Pitt: ND won 19-14, UCF won 45-14, Clemson will win 54-10
Navy: ND won 44-22, UCF won 35-24 (advantage ND)
Northwestern: ND won 31-21, Ohio State will win 55-21
Florida State: ND won 42-13, Clemson won 59-10
Syracuse (finally a real positive for ND): ND won 36-3, Clemson won 27-23 with their third-string QB

After this weekend, ND's resume will look even weaker when compared to the conference champs of the B1G and Big 12. ND should be no higher than the #4 slot already.

Sick of hearing about Ian Book. If your head coach is too stupid to start the best quarterback he has and it makes your team look like shit, I'm sorry.

Look at ND's common opponents:

Vanderbilt: ND won 22-17, Georgia won 41-13
Michigan: ND won 24-17, Ohio State won 62-39
Wake Forest: ND won 56-27, Clemson won 63-3
Pitt: ND won 19-14, UCF won 45-14, Clemson will win 54-10
Navy: ND won 44-22, UCF won 35-24 (advantage ND)
Northwestern: ND won 31-21, Ohio State will win 55-21
Florida State: ND won 42-13, Clemson won 59-10
Syracuse (finally a real positive for ND): ND won 36-3, Clemson won 27-23 with their third-string QB

After this weekend, ND's resume will look even weaker when compared to the conference champs of the B1G and Big 12. ND should be no higher than the #4 slot already.

Pretty interesting comparison.
I thought ND was beatable this year.........….but nobody's done it yet.

Watching some of the Junior College national championship game on CBS Sports Network. Man, this looks like 2 pretty decent D1 teams going at it just based on the size and speed of the teams. I guess being a Wake fan, since we don’t really take JC transfers, I didn’t realize how many D1 quality players end up at the JC level.

Pretty interesting comparison.
I thought ND was beatable this year.........….but nobody's done it yet.

Common opponents is one of the judgment criteria for the committee so I'm sure it's being pointed out every week. After this weekend there will be two more data points with Pitt and Northwestern that will only make ND look weaker. I give both of those teams credit for winning their weak divisions, but Northwestern beat Rutgers by 3 points and lost to Duke and Akron, while Pitt lost to UNC-CH and scored 3 fucking points against Miami last weekend. Those are teams that ND beat but really had to put forth effort to do so.

IOW, the committee's in the bag for ND and if ND makes the playoff (which seems like a fait accompli) the #1 seed winds up playing anyone other than ND (such as OU, tOSU, or even Alabama), the committee has done them a huge disservice.

Watching some of the Junior College national championship game on CBS Sports Network. Man, this looks like 2 pretty decent D1 teams going at it just based on the size and speed of the teams. I guess being a Wake fan, since we don’t really take JC transfers, I didn’t realize how many D1 quality players end up at the JC level.

You should watch "Last Chance U" on Netflix. There is tons of D1 talent floating around down there.

If Georgia loses a close game to Alabama and Oklahoma and Ohio State both win, why should either one of them necessarily jump Georgia ? Alabama's #1 and Georgia is #4. Alabama is supposed to win that game. The committee just proved they were right when they released the rankings five days earlier. How is a win over Northwestern better than a close loss to Alabama ?

If you really want the four best teams, ND shouldn't even be part of the equation.

Back