• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

This is a laughably bad take. LSU is #10 in the CFP rankings. Purdue is a .500 team playing in the shitty ass Big 10 west - a division that North-fucking-western won.

Obviously, you have Bama ties, but, overall, why does a Wake board have so many SEC homers?

Obviously, you have Bama ties, but, overall, why does a Wake board have so many SEC homers?

There was nothing homerish about my post, unless you count thinking the Big 10 west sucks, which it does.

There was nothing homerish about my post, unless you count thinking the Big 10 west sucks, which it does.

Obvi. But the SEC West is perennially overrated, and especially this year. LSU didn’t beat anyone other than SEC West weaklings and Georgia. They are better than Purdue, no doubt, and Ohio State’s loss to Purdue was worse than Georgia’s loss to them, but no so much worse that a 2 loss Georgia team that didn’t win the SEC should beat out a 1 loss Big 10 champ.

Obvi. But the SEC West is perennially overrated, and especially this year. LSU didn’t beat anyone other than SEC West weaklings and Georgia. They are better than Purdue, no doubt, and Ohio State’s loss to Purdue was worse than Georgia’s loss to them, but no so much worse that a 2 loss Georgia team that didn’t win the SEC should beat out a 1 loss Big 10 champ.

I agree, but that's not quite the same thing as what I bolded earlier. As you've outlined, winning a conference championship and having only one loss should be sufficient to get either Ohio State or Oklahoma in over a 2-loss UGA team. It's also true that Ohio State's loss to Purdue is worse, by a country mile, than Georgia's loss to LSU.

Pretty awesome 30 second drive by Oklahoma to take the lead right before halftime.
It was like OK's offense suddenly woke up.

Some impressive first half performances by ACC QBs

NCS. Ryan Finley 329 yds 2 TDs
VT. Ryan Willis 200+ yds, 4 TDs

So ND gets left out if UGA wins, right?

So ND gets left out if UGA wins, right?

Perhaps. I guess I need to just get over it. But, to me, it is extremely unfair that all of these other teams have to do the heavy lifting by playing in these championship games and ND sits at home on their asses, gets an extra week of rest and then demands to be in the NC conversation. I get they're undefeated and SOS blah blah.... I get it. I just think it sucks!

NOT playing in a conference title game is not a valid criticism. Alabama just did it last year.

NOT playing in a conference title game is not a valid criticism. Alabama just did it last year.

It most certainly is a valid criticism.

Who said I was defending Alabama? I think a minimum requirement, with the current 4-team playoff, is that a team must have played in its conference championship game. It would force ND to shit or get off the pot with the ACC cherry-picking.

3c27e7bcce5e3dd57036032865c51eb2.jpg

Good seats

Back