• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

We'll see man. At the least it's more reasonable than them being an 8 seed.

Every possession is a data point, and there's tons of 'em in CBB. Kenpom does a better job of evaluating all that than anything else

We'll see man. At the least it's more reasonable than them being an 8 seed.

Every possession is a data point, and there's tons of 'em in CBB. Kenpom does a better job of evaluating all that than anything else

The only decent team they played was WI (#9 seed) and they lost by 14. Stats against crap teams are inflated.

Before you bring up Gonzaga, they beat four teams who were ranked in the Top 16 before their league schedule and only one of those games was within 10 points. Thus, the comparison wouldn't make sense.

I think Beard bonked that for Texas Tech. 1 guy dribbles out the last 16 seconds and never passes AND they had a timeout. They couldn't get the ball to McClung and should have just called TO at the 10 second mark when the play was clearly f'ed up.

They missed two layups down the stretch. Hard to put that on the coach.

Another strong showing by a board favorite in Eric Musselman.

The last play is on Beard. It was clearly awry for many seconds and I couldn't believe the bench didn't take the TO.

It was also a foul during any other point in the game...

I feel like it has become conventional wisdom for coaches not to call a TO in the last 30 seconds on account of backlash to coaches that used to call TOs with like five seconds left and the D scrambling -- feels like a big over-correction

Moser's resume is weird -- 13 years as a head coach (including getting fired from Illinois State) where he never finished higher than 5th in his conference before the Final Four year, which started a run of 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st in the conference

I guess something just clicked

They missed two layups down the stretch. Hard to put that on the coach.

Another strong showing by a board favorite in Eric Musselman.

Missed front end and two missed layups were TT's last 3 possessions. For them to rally and make it a game shows what a good coach Beard is.

Rutgers pulls defeat from the jaws of victory when they go stall without enough points.

Maybe we're seeing why Mike White could never get to the NCAAs at LaTech. Woof, what a meltdown.

Dude has problems with teams from Tulsa

CBS not shying away from showing the potential Oral superspreader event. At least there were some masks.

Upsets are boring now. Too many of them. Need the right small amount to maximize effect.

I feel like it has become conventional wisdom for coaches not to call a TO in the last 30 seconds on account of backlash to coaches that used to call TOs with like five seconds left and the D scrambling -- feels like a big over-correction

Moser's resume is weird -- 13 years as a head coach (including getting fired from Illinois State) where he never finished higher than 5th in his conference before the Final Four year, which started a run of 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st in the conference

I guess something just clicked

I was shaking my head at Tony Bennett's last 4 NCAAT experiences - loss by 15 in the second round after a 5 point win in the first round over a #12; loss in the first round to a #16; wins natty; and loses to #13 seed in the first round. Really inconsistent. I'm not inclined to give them a pass for this year. Ohio looked to be a 2 man team.

I was shaking my head at Tony Bennett's last 4 NCAAT experiences - loss by 15 in the second round after a 5 point win in the first round over a #12; loss in the first round to a #16; wins natty; and loses to #13 seed in the first round. Really inconsistent. I'm not inclined to give them a pass for this year. Ohio looked to be a 2 man team.

UVa was able to practice one time in the two weeks that preceded the NCAAT. If there's a year where they should receive pass, it's this year. This also wasn't your stereotypical Virginia team. They finished rated #32 in defensive efficiency, the first time since 2013 that they didn't finish in the top ten.

Back