• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the Panthers can get David Woodward in round 6 or 7. I was super impressed with him and think he'll surprise.

Love that dude. Reminded me of Luke at BC. Such a beast. He was much better than Love against us.

We've got a ton of LBs, but I don't know how many will last.

Looking at his draft profile, Woodward is a major injury risk. He played in 26 games in a 3 year career at USU. 9.5% of his career tackles were his 24 tackles at Wake.

Last edited:
Picked WVU S Kenny Robinson, Jr. in the 5th.

He played in the XFL this year after getting kicked out of WVU for academic problems.

Here's a pretty detailed PFF article about him.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-xfl-...e-best-playmakers-in-the-2020-nfl-draft-class

Last week was safety week for our projection system, as we took a look at Grant Delpit, Xavier McKinney, Ashtyn Davis, Kyle Dugger and Geno Stone, but as it turns out, I was saving my favorite safety prospect for last.
West Virginia’s Kenny Robinson Jr. has charted a path different from every other player in this draft class. After being ousted from the Mountaineers program for academic misconduct, the safety decided to join the upstart XFL and care for his mother, who had cancer, instead of transferring to another school, despite both Alabama and Oklahoma reportedly showing interest.

After being one of the best safeties in college football in 2017 and 2018, allowing less than 45% of the passes into his coverage to be completed, he dominated the XFL by intercepting two of the eight passes into his coverage while generating one quarterback pressure and five stops for the St. Louis BattleHawks. He intercepted seven passes and broke up another five as a collegiate player, and — as you’ll see below — he projects as one of the best playmakers in the class as a result.

Holy shit, this sounds like a good draft. The headline from the article Ph posted: "XFL safety Kenny Robinson Jr. projects as one of the best playmakers in the 2020 NFL draft class"

this panthers draft has been spectacular. there is no way Rhule isn't calling the shots here.

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread: Draft Day

Thanks for posting that, Biff.

I don’t know a whole lot about the newest Panthers. From what I’ve seen, they look physically gifted, have a track record of making plays, and seem like guys we will have no trouble rooting for.

This is easily the most focused draft we’ve had. Every player fits a specific need and has a legit chance to start.

Last edited:
Baylor DT in the 6th. Huge guy. 332 lbs.

One note on Brown and why I was so happy. I went to the game below, and saw him just be incredible all game. He is special:

Big, athletic, double teamed a lot, and moved around on the DL. Hard to argue with that pick.

this guy is a fucking stud

he was paying someone to do his homework at WVU and got caught

went to get paid in the XFL instead of transfer bc his family needed money

great, awesome pick

I catch multiple students cheating in every course I teach. Most of them are paying somebody to write something (and that person plagiarizes). It's a red flag for Robinson, but it's really common on college campuses and he seems like he's learned his lesson. This kid seems awesome. I can't wait to pull for him.

it's the best panthers draft i can remember

Amen. I just hope we can keep "Corn Elder"

An entire draft of defensive lineman and defensive backfield players.

An entire draft of defensive lineman and defensive backfield players.

First 7+ pick all defense draft in the common draft era. Awesome. Great start to the Rhule era. Easily the best draft I remember. We plugged obvious specific holes on the roster and got depth where we needed it. All the picks have great size. Pride is the smallest DB at 5-11/193. Thomas-Oliver is a little taller. Both safeties are big.

Really hope we have a young fun to watch defense. It will be frustrating, but this is a bridge to better things in 2021.

Last edited:
thanks for posting that KEnny Robinson letter. I was unfamiliar with his story and I'm rooting like hell for him. I can think of quite a few people who could learn a little something from that letter in how to admit to a mistake, own it , and come back stronger because of it.

Anybody else feel like this is the Panthers’ version of the FRESH DEACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back