• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very easy to say in hindsight but they should have gone for the TD on the last drive. They certainly should have run on third down to run clock. It then go for it on 4th. You don’t make it and they have to go 60ish yards in about a minute with no timeouts to get in FG position. Kicking the FG forces them to go 4 downs for the TD where being only up three they might kick. And if Panthers get TD game over.

Just a very frustrating loss where if any of a half dozen plays go Panthers way they win.

https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-panthers-at-vikings

Four rookies played a majority of the snaps on Sunday. Chinn played 100% at ROLB. Brown (73%), Pride (70%), and Gross-Matos (56%) are the others. Hurney really hit on last year's draft. I think all four may end up being starters going forward. Late rounders Bravvion Roy (44%) and Stanley Thomas-Oliver (29%). Thomas-Oliver got burned on one of the late TDs.

Jermaine Carter (5th round pick in 2018) has taken over MLB for Tahir Whitehead. If Luke comes back, that would improve our defensive considerably. Otherwise, I hope can get a good player in FA.

I don't think we absolutely have to go all-in on defense this draft because we hit on at least 4 guys. So I'm more open to getting a QB early especially since we should firmly be in place to get one of the top 4 guys.

Greg Little was a healthy scratch. Russell Okung has been fine I guess, but I'd really like to get to finally get a franchise LT. Gross retired 7 years ago.

Dave Caldwell is out as GM in Jax. Other than Bortles, I think he's drafted mostly okay with some good hits and some misses (he certainly hasn't been as bad as Pace, Quinn, Gettleman or Maccagnan). Their bigger issue has been retention of those players. Most of their good vets have gotten the hell out of Dodge. That would appear to be more of a Coughlin/Marrone problem, yet Marrone is still there. I gotta think he won't last there and will be gone as well. Looks like there will be more GM turnover this offseason than most.

Are there rumors that Luke wants to come back? I don't think I've seen anything about that, so probably best to move forward as if he won't.

Seems to be near consensus in the mocks. The only other player I've seen is TE Kyle Pitts from UF. I definitely think Ian Thomas is done. The question is if they'll draft a TE or go with a FA. I could see them picking Wilson and firming up the OL through FA then spend 3 or 4 picks on defense. It's weird to not need a WR in the draft.

Problem is #7 is the slot Panthers are in at the moment just because they’ve played one more game than the other 4 win teams. After a bunch of them lose this weekend we will drop to #10-11

Pitts is a monster. I'd rather take him than Wilson or Trask and give Teddy one more year.

what does the 2022 QB class look like?

Right now, the top projected QB is the 2022 draft is Sam Howell. USC's Kedon Slovis is also highly regarded. That said, a lot can change in the next year.

Right now, the top projected QB is the 2022 draft is Sam Howell. USC's Kedon Slovis is also highly regarded. That said, a lot can change in the next year.

Gotta consider the "Oklahomatransfer" factor. That is, some lightly regarded QB transfering to Oklahoma and becoming all world in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back