• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Hogan is Biff? Lol nvm this makes sense

Yeah, there are only so many 3rd round Russell Wilsons who turn out great. The only established QBs outside of round 1 picks are Wilson, Brady, Dak and Cousins, who Min may soon part ways with. As bad as the miss rate is in the 1st round, it's worse outside of the 1st round. And even then, all 4 of the above QBs were drafted as back-ups and eventually beat out or Wally Pipped the starters. If you're drafting a QB to start, you're almost always doing it in round 1. It seems like Fields is definitely dropping a bit, and I really haven't been as impressed with him in the OSU games I've seen this year as opposed to last. Lance is also dropping some, but the projections I've seen still have him in the top 15. I rarely watch bowl games because outside of the final 4 they're essentially now exhibitions. But I'm gonna catch the BYU game tonight to watch Wilson because I never watch BYU. After Lawrence, it looks like Fields, Wilson and Lance are going in some order in the top 15, but that order is less certain now because of Fields recent play.

49ers just signed Tyler Gaffney. Guess he’s been trying to make a comeback.

Lance shot up like a rocket early but is now falling like a rock in mock drafts.

Probably something to do with being stuck at the end of his redshirt freshman year.

I can't see spending a #5 draft pick on a guy who has played fewer games than Justin Fields, against slightly weaker competition than Fields (not including two losses against Clemson), and hasn't played in 16 months.

Haha, no one wanted to touch this grenade that Biff lobbed towards his favorite punching bag conference??

Just tuned in to see Wilson and BYU is already up 14-0.

Although Lance didn’t throw an INT this season, I’m a bigger Wilson fan right now.

Guy was the consensus #2 pick all season until last week and now we’re gonna be “stuck” with him

I don't remotely like BYU. That said, dayum. Granted, they were playing an inferior team. But Wilson was accurate on short, medium and deep balls, appears to go through progressions well and is more than mobile enough. Just based on last night and what I've seen from Fields this year, yeah, Wilson should be the #2 QB off the board, and Lance can fight with Fields to be the #3.

Screamin, I don't know that you're stuck with Fields at 4. First of all, Haskins has made this week's game very winnable because it doesn't sound like Smith or Allen can go. If he isn't cut this week, I see no way that Rivera allows him to be on the roster past this season. That decision by Haskins was the height of stupidity and immaturity. So winning that game will put you back a few spots, which can affect what QBs are available. But I also don't think it's a fait d'accompli that NYJ drafts a QB. The return they would get for Darnold would not be great, certainly not anything close to a 1st round pick. So they could easily decide it's better to keep him, try to trade back and get what they can. They also are happy with Becton, so there wouldn't be a need to take Sewell. And with 3 good QB prospects out there, they might not get any great offers for them to trade back. They may have royally screwed the pooch by winning that game.

#3 would make Sewell very tempting. I still think Rhule would take the 3rd QB, but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back