• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a 3rd down PI, juked out of his shoes which led to a 30 yard run, and gave up a 12 yard TD all on the same drive...

He looks serviceable I guess but other than the INT which Horton hit Ryan on he wasn't very good, IMO
The PI was nothing, the receiver fell down.

He had a 3rd down PI, juked out of his shoes which led to a 30 yard run, and gave up a 12 yard TD all on the same drive...

He looks serviceable I guess but other than the INT which Horton hit Ryan on he wasn't very good, IMO

the PI was BS; those were two bad plays but I thought he did a great job in run support and his chase down/forced fumble was awesome

i'm excited to see donte grow, i wouldn't be shocked if he emerges as our best corner by the end of the year

Eh, he only has 18 carries this season, so citing his <5 ypc is unconvincing. The majority of his chunk plays come on sweeps and tosses, like a scat back. He's an effective check down receiver, like a scat back. At only like 10 carries this season, Anderson still looks more capable of pushing between the tackles.

5 of CMC's 18 carries have been up the middle, for 25 yards. Which echoes his overall 5ypc. In contrast, CJ has run twice up the middle for 3 yards. I'm not sure what games you have been watching to conclude that CJ is more effective to push in between the tackles, especially when you add in the additional plays in which CMC literally threw people out of his way at the second level.

Eh, he only has 18 carries this season, so citing his <5 ypc is unconvincing. The majority of his chunk plays come on sweeps and tosses, like a scat back. He's an effective check down receiver, like a scat back. At only like 10 carries this season, Anderson still looks more capable of pushing between the tackles.

Yep. CMC and CJ are our two best skill position players with Olsen out. I don’t see why we need to have 3 WR on the field more than 30-40% of the time. CMC and CJ together are dangerous.

the PI was BS; those were two bad plays but I thought he did a great job in run support and his chase down/forced fumble was awesome

i'm excited to see donte grow, i wouldn't be shocked if he emerges as our best corner by the end of the year

Better than the guy who held Julio to 5 catches for 64 yards? That would be awesome.

5 of CMC's 18 carries have been up the middle, for 25 yards. Which echoes his overall 5ypc. In contrast, CJ has run twice up the middle for 3 yards. I'm not sure what games you have been watching to conclude that CJ is more effective to push in between the tackles, especially when you add in the additional plays in which CMC literally threw people out of his way at the second level.
Not arguing with you, but I would like to know where you got that data from so I can keep up with it as well.

I'm not sold on CJ as one of our top two skill position players since he got hit in the facemask with a pass he was supposed to catch with his hands.

Mcaffrey is awesome, without him we'd be screwed. Moore needs to see the field more, he could end up being very good. Funchess is gone after this season if he demands even mediocre top WR pay. This game really shows how great Greg is, TE's were basically out of the passing game completely (Nice drop Ian). Cam is playing at an ELITE level which gives us hope going forward and somehow the offensive line looks serviceable (at best).

I don't even know what to say about the defense, I thought we'd shut the run down and they gashed us. The ones that made me the most mad were all of corn boy Ryan's runs (WTF!) and donte getting shook out of his shoes. Other than 2 plays Donte was solid for a rookie playing his second game, and bradberry was good. Everyone else on the D sucked, luke included. Cannot let Matt Ryan make it look that easy through the air and on the ground.

All in all we didn't play very well and had a chance to tie the game up on the road at a division rival. Sky's not falling but need these next 2 at home.

this week will be a solid test for o-line

it's amazing that chris clark came off the couch and already looks better than matt kalil at LT

Yep. CMC and CJ are our two best skill position players with Olsen out. I don’t see why we need to have 3 WR on the field more than 30-40% of the time. CMC and CJ together are dangerous.

Yeah, I really liked the formations with CJ and CMC in at the same time, where CMC has flexibility to line up in slot or in the back field/motion between. Not sure where 2&2 gets his stats, but I remember at least once where CJ went up the middle for 8 yards because they were worried about CMC on the outside.

Yeah, I really liked the formations with CJ and CMC in at the same time, where CMC has flexibility to line up in slot or in the back field/motion between. Not sure where 2&2 gets his stats, but I remember at least once where CJ went up the middle for 8 yards because they were worried about CMC on the outside.

Right. Use both at the same time and defenses have to worry about both. We don’t have any WRs who should draw a double team.

Talk me down, folks. I feel like I'm way more disappointed this weekend than I should be after the Deacs lost by 7 to a good BC team and the Panthers losing by 7 in Atlanta. I feel like both teams looked poor and it always sucks to lose to BC and Matt Ryan.

Can’t talk you down when I’m standing on the ledge beside you.

NEVER FORGET

arthur-blank-28-3.jpg

I'm not sold on the new DC. Pretty much same personnel, but our defense got gashed for run after run. If someone told you that a QB would run for 2 TD's in the Panther-Falcon game, you'd say Cam will have a good game. And we're not defending the pass well either.

I'm not sold on the new DC. Pretty much same personnel, but our defense got gashed for run after run. If someone told you that a QB would run for 2 TD's in the Panther-Falcon game, you'd say Cam will have a good game. And we're not defending the pass well either.

I mean, swapping out Star for Poe and one of the best players in Panther history for David Mayo, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back