• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to the panthers only the chiefs and rams have really looked above average in the league so far this year. Though the Pats are obviously rounding into form as per usual

I would add the Saints as above average.

Saints have played a pretty weak slate thus far, though yesterday was obvs a good win, by far their best. They have a lot of potential Ls upcoming starting this week in Minny -- vs ATL is probably the only game left on their sched that is a lock win.

Ideally we could get to the point where we wouldn't need to win in the Superdome in Week 17 to win the division, but I doubt that happens

Last edited:
We had a chance to win in both Atlanta and Washington, I wouldn't call those ugly loses.

That said we are a miracle field goal and fluke comeback from being 2-4 right now.

You can play that game all day though. We're dumb play calls and a DJ Moore TD catch missed by inches away from being 6-0. We're probably about where we should be, but the Washington game is going to come back to haunt us I expect.

i think we're better than our record due to some suspect coaching decisions

does curtis samuel have 2 TDs on 5 total touches since he's been back? like wtf are we doing (or not doing) with that guy

if you told me at the start of the season we would go 3-1 vs the NFC East I would be fine with it, of course assuming the L would be to the Eagles.

Absolute. I always would've been happy with one win out of this two game Wash/Philly swing

More concerned about the D than our O. Not sure if it is the aging of Pep, TD, and others or if Poe isn't what he was advertised and a good reason why Falcons were willing to let Dontari walk, but both our rush D and passing pressure seem mediocre and not top notch as has historically been the case. We only have 16 sacks which is very pedestrian for Panthers and puts us at the median vs. typical top 5-10 among Ds. I tend to think it is our DL on rushing issues as Kuechly is still all over the place and Thompson has been really good and now TD back, so DL is clearly not clogging up the wholes.

Given our strong OL and Cam and other offensive weapons I think Norv and gang will ultimately figure out that Torrey is not a true #1 and we would be better off with Curtis and DJ on the field more than 50% and Torrey and Jairus only on 25-33% that our O could really do some damage. Somewhat concerned Norv is just too predictable and stale and not able to use all the weapons we have as no way our O should be scoreless for 3 quarters vs. eagles and seem to continue to go long spells with zero O production game after game.

I will say I really thought we would see less of the Cam boneheaded plays with Norv as he regularly costs the team points when he gives up sacks so often when we are in FG range but then get knocked out of it. Not sure if it is his belief he can escape at any time, but he just does not have that feel for when he needs to unload it and avoid the sack. Cost us many times yesterday, but was clutch when needed.

A big DL problem is we have a recent 1st round DT who barely plays a third of snaps.

You can play that game all day though. We're dumb play calls and a DJ Moore TD catch missed by inches away from being 6-0. We're probably about where we should be, but the Washington game is going to come back to haunt us I expect.

We need Washington to win the division, so we don't have to worry about losing the tie breaker for the wild card spot. Seems possible, although Philly is going to get things figured out soon.

We need Washington to win the division, so we don't have to worry about losing the tie breaker for the wild card spot. Seems possible, although Philly is going to get things figured out soon.

But not if we think we can win the division. The Skins could cost us a bye.

1. Rams
2. NFC South #1
3. NFC North #1
4. NFC East #1
5. NFC South #2
6. NFC North #2/NFC West #2

aka

Rams
Saints
Vikings
Eagles
Panthers
Packers/Seahawks/Bears

1. Rams
2. NFC South #1
3. NFC North #1
4. NFC East #1
5. NFC South #2
6. NFC North #2/NFC West #2

aka

Rams
Saints
Vikings
Eagles
Panthers
Packers/Seahawks/Bears

That’s how I think it will happen too.

The Skins winning the division helps if we are a wild card team but not if we are a division champ.

I don’t think it’s too far fetched that the 4-2 Skins would finish with the same record as the 4-2 Panthers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back