• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a coward

You consider yourself a board historian but you couldn't even go back to read Creamy's post.

I think I may have an OWG view of Cam and the NFL in general and I’m cool with that. I’m a college football fan primarily.

That doesn’t make me a racist, which Zq left in my rep.

Feel free to apologize, OGB.

Lol more shit about cam for his clothes. You’ll have to excuse folks for reading that as a coded shot at his race because otherwise it’s a dumb fucking thing to say.

Who gives a shit what people wear? And gives a shit enough for it to be a top line reason to dislike a player on your team? “Yeah that kuechly is a pretty solid player but those cargo shorts mean he’s gotta go!”

This is getting old. I like Cam but can totally understand that some people don't like his quarterback skills, the way he dresses, and the way he addresses the public. That alone doesn't make those people racists.

The Obamas opened up about political division at the annual summit for the Obama Foundation, their nonprofit organization. While former President Obama called out the call-out culture, former first lady Michelle Obama took white conservatives to task.

Mr. Obama said he's concerned about how people approach differences in opinion, especially on social media.

Young people in particular, he said, seem to think "'if I tweet or hashtag about how you didn't do something right, or used the wrong word or verb, then I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself, because man you see how woke I was. I called you out.' That's not activism. That's not bringing about change," he said at the summit, which took place in Chicago on Tuesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presid...re-says-not-bringing-about-change-2019-10-30/

I don’t think I have a white guy in my top 10 favorite football players of all time

To pile on further and in no way am I calling you racist, BUT I had to laugh at this line. That’s the “I have black friends” argument which is not helpful.

Look Cam may say stuff and do stuff that’s irritating but at the end of the day he is a great teammate, he is great in the community and has carried the team on his back since day 1 and has won an MVP. When healthy he’s ridiculous.

But folks like to pick on things here and there such as his fashion. It feels like they’re looking for excuses to hate him. Why?

I don't really get the "me first" narrative about Cam.

That's because it's a stupid take that has no grounding in reality.

You consider yourself a board historian but you couldn't even go back to read Creamy's post.

Feel free to apologize, OGB.

I do think it was a knee-jerk post, and certainly uncharitable, so I apologize for that.

However, following up your deliberately incendiary post with the "Whoa" post was about as legitimate as RJ's "I only hit back" schtick and smacks of cowardice. Don't try to throw up your hands and back away after you picked a fight. Maybe you should apologize to Creamy, then Creamy can apologize to Cam, and we can all put this behind us.

2019 Carolina Panthers (4-2) Dortch!!

We need to start rooting for the Niners to destroy the rest of the NFC West.

We will need to pick a rooting interest between the Packers and Vikings. I think we can beat the Packers and I’m not sure the Vikings can keep it going.

Last edited:
To pile on further and in no way am I calling you racist, BUT I had to laugh at this line. That’s the “I have black friends” argument which is not helpful.

Look Cam may say stuff and do stuff that’s irritating but at the end of the day he is a great teammate, he is great in the community and has carried the team on his back since day 1 and has won an MVP. When healthy he’s ridiculous.

But folks like to pick on things here and there such as his fashion. It feels like they’re looking for excuses to hate him. Why?

That post was intended to be the obligatory "I have a black friend" post. well done

Still, though, my main point stands that I haven't like Cam since day 1. Ask Catamount...He's a yuge Poonthers fan and I made a bet with him like 7 years ago that RG3 would win a Superbowl before Cam. Granted, I'm a huge Skins homer but the bet stands and it looks like RG3 may get a ring with the Ravens before Cam gets one with the Panthers. I can respect that Cam had a handful of incredible seasons and is supremely talented. I just don't like the way the dude carries himself on the field flying around like a superhero and acting like a child after every loss...And it has nothing to do with his skin color.

But I've derailed this thread enough. Back to the Panthers and the soon to be born legend of Dortch ! ?

RG3 might get a ring before Cam, but not through his actions. Cam won MVP and carried a team full of shitty receivers to the best offense in the league and a Super Bowl.

Because he doesn't fit the typical athlete personality image, and people don't like that. Same with Tebow, same with ARod (of which I am one). It isn't a race issue, some personalities just rub some people the wrong way.

I've always loved Cam, and he's my favorite Panther ever. It was a great feeling to have absolute confidence the dude would get 3 yards whenever he wanted to and whenever the team needed it, plus he had an absolute cannon. His personality and the way it incited opposing fans made victory even sweeter. BUT, when you've lost 9 straight games, I just don't care to see the feathered hat post-game. Even I tired of that over the last couple years.

Why even watch post game stuff? When the panthers and/or Cam lay an egg I swear a bit and turn off the tv. If I had a dollar for every coach or athlete that gave a good post loss press conference I’d be broke.

I suspect Panther fans feel about Cam the way Eagles fans felt about McNabb regarding on-field performance. The consistent accuracy just isn't there, and it frustrates fans to see them over/under throw an open receiver sometimes.

I loved Cam from the beginning when he got our playbook just before the lockout, and went down to FL to train and learn the playbook (with an ex-Panther QB, if I recall correctly). This allowed him to make an immediate splash in the NFL. Love that effort and work ethic. After witnessing that, I am really surprised he has not improved his footwork over the years. Despite being a physical giant, Cam is really a big kid. Love seeing that, and him giving TD balls to kids in the stands. But when things don't go well, fans' eyes become critical as they search for reasons why....which leads to reaching and wrong conclusions.

Because he doesn't fit the typical athlete personality image, and people don't like that. Same with Tebow, same with ARod (of which I am one). It isn't a race issue, some personalities just rub some people the wrong way.
Forceful personalities (and there's many ways a given personality can be forcefully expressed)tend to always rub some the wrong way. In my experience, as a person who IRL is frequently considered to have a forceful personality, it tends to be almost be those who are more introverted and emotionally reserved that tend to be the most "wrongly rubbed."
Cam's clothes, his "flamboyance" is fine; his critics need to get the hell over it.
All that said, I do find him one of the most frustrating players to support in my life... I DO worry about his head a lot of the time. Including currently. If any criticism of Cam is valid, it's the fact he definitely takes everything to heart, for all good AND all ill. And that does make everything a rollercoaster ride.

Last edited:
Forceful personalities (and there's many ways a given personality can be forcefully expressed)tend to always rub some the wrong way. In my experience, as a person who IRL is frequently considered to have a forceful personality, it tends to be almost be those who are more introverted and emotionally reserved that tend to be the most "wrongly rubbed."
Cam's fine; his critics need to get the hell over it.

Nah. Fans are allowed to critique coaches and players(who are making millions of dollars playing for a team they cheer for) as much as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back