• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall joined Elder on IR. CMC is getting fewer and fewer touches a game. Samuels barely gets on the field. Armah plays a position we barely use. But Butker is killing it for the Chiefs. GMan wasted the #8 pick.

CMC, Bradberry, and Worley are the only impact players from the last 2 drafts. And only Bradberry looks like a potential franchise player.

Shaq and Funchess are starting to come into their own. Otherwise the 2015 draft would look like a complete bust too.

The 2015 draft consisted of Shaq, Funchess, Daryl Williams, David Mayo, and CAP. How many teams in the 2015 draft do you think have turned 60% of their picks into starters and still have 100% of them on the roster? That is not a bust under any rational definition of the term

The offensive line has looked decent in pass blocking and absolutely horrible in run blocking. I'm not sure what CMC is supposed to do. When I watch replays of his runs and see him get hit behind the line, I'm not sure it really matters who is running the ball. I'd be concerned if Stewart was having way more success, but he's not.

if only we had drafted OJ Howard, his 4 catches for 92 yards much more of an impact player. we'd probably be 5-0 or 6-0 or even 7-0 right now.

we should prob go ahead and cut G-Reg. New deal was a huge mistake when we've had HOF waiting to be unleashed all this time.

Should have traded up for Fournette.

BTW, #1 overall draft pick Myles Garrett finally played his first NFL game on Sunday and had two sacks. Probably should have gotten him.

Yeah, although I was a huge Samuel fan in college, that pick made almost no sense. Didn't like the Hall pick at all at the time either.

Yeah but Samuel wasn't necessarily a WR. He's fast, that's about it.

I feel like that was the only wasted pick, other guys can still come around and I'm still high on CMC

Good god what a crowd we have around here. Samuel hasn't been healthy yet, and it's 5 games into his career and hes a wasted pick already? The guy is still learning WR and is LIGHTNING fast. We will get the ball in his hands when he is ready just like CMC. Mcaffrey has been great for this offense, even if he hasn't been successful running the ball between the tackles. Cams average yards for completions thrown is the lowest in his career showing he's getting and completing easier looks. His completion percentage the last two weeks has been off the charts. Plenty of players are coming into their own (bradberry, funch, dickson, shaq) and we still are missing maybe our best pass catcher and starting center. Cam's arm strength is clearly getting better shown especially on that deep ball to Benjamin which also showed KB's big play potential is always a threat. Things are looking good around here. If Byrd can be a serviceable safety and Worley can improve some then the sky is the limit.

The 2015 draft consisted of Shaq, Funchess, Daryl Williams, David Mayo, and CAP. How many teams in the 2015 draft do you think have turned 60% of their picks into starters and still have 100% of them on the roster? That is not a bust under any rational definition of the term

It's not a bust because Shaq and Funchess have come into their own. Which is what I said.

The VAST majority of WR's take 3 years to develop in the NFL. After that, you can definitely start seeing some ceilings.

i can be as much of a hater as the next guy but damn we're 4-1. and maybe G-man's picks just need 3 years like Funch.

This is sorta the Ron Rivera model. Ease in the rookies.

Good teams don't have to lean on rookies. We had to start two rookies at CB and it tanked the first half of the season.

We have a pretty solid and deep rotation at DE, and rookie OTs aren't reliable, so it makes sense Hall and Moton are riding the bench.

CMC adds an entirely new element to the offense. His value goes well beyond rushing yards. If he gets to 800 yards receiving like he's projected, then it's a solid pick considering the amount of space it adds to our offense. I know Funchess and KB are probably glad he's a Panther.

I think the draft's 'success' really depends on whether Samuel can contribute. CMC seemed like a natural fit, but the Samuel pick defined the draft as a get younger/faster attempt.

Last edited:
i've been disappointed in CMC's production, especially on the ground but from his first regular season game in the NFL he's had LBs and safeties following him all over the field when we put him in motion. he's had a huge impact on this offense. he flashed so well in preseason that teams have made him their #1 key when gameplanning the panthers the early part of the season. with KB looking svelte and Funchess playing great and CMC hype dying down he will start feasting on more one v one matchups in space going forward.

It's not a bust because Shaq and Funchess have come into their own. Which is what I said.

Then it wasn't a very insightful comment. If we hadn't picked Dan Morgan, Kris Jenkins, and Steve Smith in 2001, that draft would have been a complete bust. If Cam Newton hadn't won the MVP and made three Pro Bowls, he'd be a complete bust. If we hadn't won 15 games and made the Super Bowl, the 2015 season would be a complete bust

You didn't read it. I get it. Just apologize and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back