• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally we'd draft someone for depth that could maybe also play or push shitty Kalil to RT

Ideally we'd draft someone for depth that could maybe also play or push shitty Kalil to RT

Daryl Williams graded out at 86.5 in PFF last year, the 3rd highest tackle in the league. Don't think he's going anywhere.

Based on accolades we should have had one of the best lines in the league - Norwell was All-Pro, Williams was 2nd team All-Pro, Turner was a Pro Bowler, and then the Kalils (the good one being hurt and the other by far the highest paid on the team)

Based on accolades we should have had one of the best lines in the league - Norwell was All-Pro, Williams was 2nd team All-Pro, Turner was a Pro Bowler, and then the Kalils (the good one being hurt and the other by far the highest paid on the team)

Yeah, I agree. It seems that way. But yet we were not able to run the ball at all, outside of Cam. It never looked like any of the backs had any holes - ever. And it felt like they were constantly being met behind the line of scrimmage.

Are we sure that the Kalil that everyone is calling "good Kalil" is actually any good anymore? Because i'm not so certain on that....

Are we sure that the Kalil that everyone is calling "good Kalil" is actually any good anymore? Because i'm not so certain on that....

He was hurt for most of the year but I agree with you. It’s helpful to have his experience on the line but I don’t think he’s there, physically.

You could chop his arms and legs off and roll him out there like a soccer ball and he would still be the "good Kalil".

Yeah, I agree. It seems that way. But yet we were not able to run the ball at all, outside of Cam. It never looked like any of the backs had any holes - ever. And it felt like they were constantly being met behind the line of scrimmage.

Teams sold out to stop the run. And instead of using motion and tempo to open the field and create mismatches with one of the most flexible players in the league, we'd shorten the game and grind the offense to a halt. How many 2nd and 10s did we see this year? We should have opened up every drive with a swing pass or an angle route to McCaffery - it's a guaranteed 5 or 6. Instead we'd run Stewart into the ass of an offensive linemen for zero yards against a stacked box. Infuriating.

Hurney placed on paid leave amid investigations of harassment made against him by his ex-wife.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article198733334.html

The NFL is investigating Hurney under the league’s personal conduct policy, team spokesman Steven Drummond said. The Panthers notified the NFL that Hurney’s ex-wife filed for a protective order Friday.

The judge who heard Jeanne Hurney’s complaint said there was no evidence Hurney had committed acts of domestic violence against her. District Judge Ronald Chapman refused to issue an immediate restraining order against Marty Hurney. Chapman set a Feb. 16 hearing on the complaint.

Apparently, Ms. Hurney isn't a fan of the words "Panthers General Manager Marty Hurney" either and is clearly doing this for the good of the team.

Hurney placed on paid leave amid investigations of harassment made against him by his ex-wife.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article198733334.html

The NFL is investigating Hurney under the league’s personal conduct policy, team spokesman Steven Drummond said. The Panthers notified the NFL that Hurney’s ex-wife filed for a protective order Friday.

The judge who heard Jeanne Hurney’s complaint said there was no evidence Hurney had committed acts of domestic violence against her. District Judge Ronald Chapman refused to issue an immediate restraining order against Marty Hurney. Chapman set a Feb. 16 hearing on the complaint.

Guess we know now why Richardson liked Hurney so much

The charges against Hurney have been dropped. Just a matter now of getting Hurney off leave and back in the office working.

Bringing in some other candidates for interview. Not the most inspiring list but still hope NotMarty gets the job

I think it would be ridiculous to hiring a new GM before a new ownership group takes over.

And I don't trust Hurney.

No. He's an oft-injured soon to be 29 year old TE who is openly contemplating retirement. I think we're fine sticking with HOF Dickson or picking up a FA TE or drafting a TE late. No need to spend a high pick on a TE in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back