• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I'll cut Ph some slack as his Panera meeting likely ran longer then expected.

But I'm still waiting on the link (or links) to all of the prior media reports on Joe Biden's behavior.

This is because you are a white male who has probably not been subject of police violence. Enjoy your sleep.
Is local police cross training with the israeli forces prevalent? Had Durham participated?

Is local police cross training with the israeli forces prevalent? Had Durham participated?

I’ve already posted information about its prevalence. There is plenty of research linking the prison industrial complex to the military industrial complex and to the link between how our country treats and criminalizes POC and how Israel does the same.

Also, your implication is typical of the kind of white privilege that believes black activists would fight for something that is not a concern of their community.

From what i read durham had not participated and had no intentions of doing so.

Police departments never do anything without transparency and local approval.

Lol. Again i will sleep well at night knowing that nothing has changed.

Post JAB-acquisition Panera is gross. Scratched menu items, noticeable decrease in whatever quality they had before.

Post JAB-acquisition Panera is gross. Scratched menu items, noticeable decrease in whatever quality they had before.

Agreed. The only reason to go there is as a work or meeting space. And I don't eat here unless I'm that hungry and meeting through lunch. I haven't had anything besides desserts that were truly good in years.

Here is a link that tracks all the collaboration, with a map of all the cities that have participated:

https://palestineishere.org/

The Police Department of Durham, North Carolina, is among the departments that have sent delegates to Israel. Jose L. Lopez served as Chief of Durham Police Department between 2007 and 2015, and attended a training in Israel with the ADL as a delegate of the National Counter-terrorism Seminar in October 2008. Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis has served as Chief of Durham Police Department since 2016, and attended a training in Israel while serving as Deputy Chief of the Atlanta Police Department.

Chief Davis helped launch the Atlanta Police Leadership Institute, established by APD Chief Turner after his return from a training in Israel. The APLI is modeled after the Israel Police Leadership Development (IPLD) Center, and works to prepare officers for promotional opportunities. The APLI hosted senior officials from the Israel National Police Department in 2014 and again in 2015 in partnership with GILEE.

A sustained grassroots campaign by the Demilitarize from Durham2Palestine! coalition led the Durham city council to ban future police exchanges with the Israeli military and police. Chief Davis issued a memo in response to community pressure and the city council’s deliberations, stating:

“…there has been no effort while I have served as Chief of Police to initiate or participate in any exchange to Israel, nor do I have any intention to do so.” – Chief C.J. Davis, April 4, 2018

The next day, the City Council unanimously voted to ban military-style exchanges with any country and became the first in the United States to do so, setting a precedent for other communities nationwide. Durham City Council issued a statement affirming its historic decision on April 5, 2018 saying, in part:

“The council opposes international exchanges with any country in which Durham officers receive military-style training since such exchanges do not support the kind of policing we want here in the City of Durham.” – Durham City Council, April 2018

Oh trust me I will.

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice"

Lol. You crack me up. I bet you have that saved to a special location on your computer for quick access. All the rage at DSA meetings.

Last edited:
Back