• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

At the rate this thread is going, I’m going to put everyone but WnB and Ranger on ignore and just read tweets and WnB’d riffs about life

honestly, im with the M&M on policing policy on this one but it's a fucking joke to run down a quote and act like it's some sort of policy statement we should use to judge his candidacy by. but phony is as phony does

honestly, im with the M&M on policing policy on this one but it's a fucking joke to run down a quote and act like it's some sort of policy statement we should use to judge his candidacy by. but phony is as phony does

Exactly.

I don't really care one way or the other, but the idea that this was anything other than a remote hypothetical is amusing. Most people have actual things going on in their live to worry about.

I don't really care one way or the other, but the idea that this was anything other than a remote hypothetical is amusing. Most people have actual things going on in their live to worry about.

Jhmd: Native Americans have more important things to worry about than racist caricatures!

“It’s a joke” to judge a candidate by his very overt support for Israeli policy at a time when Israelis are shooting children and journalists. Good one fellas.

yeah, if that's your definition of "overt support for Israeli policy" your take is a joke.

Jhmd: Native Americans have more important things to worry about than racist caricatures!

One of my favorite sayings (shoutout APUSH teacher, definitely not his original thought though): “Don’t sweat the petty shit and don’t pet the sweaty shit”

You are king of sweating the petty shit (not re: racist Native American caricatures because I know you’re gonna go there). ITC is spot on, running down every minute quote and then construing it as some overarching flaw because it’s not perfectly, precisely, exactly how you want it. Good enough never is for you, which can be commendable but you make it into some sort of contest towards acceptability that only uses your standards. Then you get snooty and snotty if others disagree. And for all of the shit I give RJ, he’s not totally incorrect that you avoid some of the same particularity regarding Bernie.

The sad thing is that I am closer to your worldview than most on here, but it is truly exhausting trying to get to truly substantive discussion when you disqualify every viewpoint, opposing or not. And it has become apparent that you view all other viewpoints as opposing if it doesn’t exactly align with what you believe. Again, that’s fine, you are free to see the world as you wish, but you will never get anyone to agree with your views or to come further towards your side if you’re unwilling to grant that their views have merit too. This is not a zero sum game.

I’d ask you to explain how it isn’t, but that’d have to assume you were capable of doing so in good faith and not just being an asshole.

One of my favorite sayings (shoutout APUSH teacher, definitely not his original thought though): “Don’t sweat the petty shit and don’t pet the sweaty shit”

You are king of sweating the petty shit (not re: racist Native American caricatures because I know you’re gonna go there). ITC is spot on, running down every minute quote and then construing it as some overarching flaw because it’s not perfectly, precisely, exactly how you want it. Good enough never is for you, which can be commendable but you make it into some sort of contest towards acceptability that only uses your standards. Then you get snooty and snotty if others disagree. And for all of the shit I give RJ, he’s not totally incorrect that you avoid some of the same particularity regarding Bernie.

The sad thing is that I am closer to your worldview than most on here, but it is truly exhausting trying to get to truly substantive discussion when you disqualify every viewpoint, opposing or not. And it has become apparent that you view all other viewpoints as opposing if it doesn’t exactly align with what you believe. Again, that’s fine, you are free to see the world as you wish, but you will never get anyone to agree with your views or to come further towards your side if you’re unwilling to grant that their views have merit too. This is not a zero sum game.

Thanks, but at first discussion of a substantive topic about Buttigieg's statements on Israeli policy, you took a "Bernie Bro" shot at me.

Talking about an issue that is very important to me, mass incarceration and the direct link to american imperialism and our support of Israel, is not "sweating the petty stuff."

It's an article criticizing something he said. Again, how do you distinguish between "substantive criticism" and Moonz hit piece?

you're the one conflating criticism of a comment with an analysis of his policy

Thanks, but at first discussion of a substantive topic about Buttigieg's statements on Israeli policy, you took a "Bernie Bro" shot at me.

ADT, welcome to the world. What ADT posted is exactly what I've been saying for nearly a year. It's goosestep to every stance of MHB or be attacked.

Of course, MHB STILL won't respond to why he doesn't hold Bernie to the same standards as he does with everyone else. Why won't he disqualify Bernie for voting staunchly pro-NRA in the 90s and 00s?

ADT, welcome to the world. What ADT posted is exactly what I've been saying for nearly a year. It's goosestep to every stance of MHB or be attacked.

Of course, MHB STILL won't respond to why he doesn't hold Bernie to the same standards as he does with everyone else. Why won't he disqualify Bernie for voting staunchly pro-NRA in the 90s and 00s?

STFU Boomer.

Back