• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

While it’s still pretty early, I’m pretty sure my favored ticket is Warren/Castro, but would be fine with mayor Pete as VP as well.

I have nothing against Warren or Castro, but I will say Warren is not the candidate with the best chance to win the swing states, and Castro doesn't move the needle. Pete is my current favorite, but I wonder if his being gay will hurt him in some of the swing states.

In the end, the following states will decide the election (from bluest to least blue): VA, MI, PA, NH, NV, WI, FL, IA, NC and AZ. So essentially a few southern states, a few midwestern states and a couple of mountain west states, and we have to win at least 5-6 of those states in order to get to 270. To me, the most important question in this process is not a policy difference here or there. It's who will be the strongest candidate in the above states. The 3 who I think are least situated to perform well in those states are Warren, Gillibrand and Bernie, and it's been reported that those 3 are who Team Trump would most prefer to run against. I have questions about the rest of the field as well, but I figure the ones with the best chance to win are Buttigieg, Biden, Harris and Beto. I like some of the others as well, but none are polling at 5% or more. And I think Buttigied and Harris are the best communicators of the lot, which is a crucial skill - Bubba and Obama were much better communicators than Gore, Kerry and Hillary.

I agree that those four are the best communicators and palatable. And despite the consternation from the Bernie wing, all would sign legislation written by Bernie and Warren.

I agree that those four are the best communicators and palatable. And despite the consternation from the Bernie wing, all would sign legislation written by Bernie and Warren.

True. But again remember that not a whole lot will be making it out of the senate. The more practical concerns are the judiciary and reversing Trump on foreign policy, trade, immigration and the environment. The president can make pretty yuge differences there without having to rely on congress.

Right. Which is why I want to see what they plan to do by executive order and I would prefer not to have a member of Congress in the White House who will defer to Congress instead of getting stuff done.

More on the Buttigieg hoax:

Mayor Pete Assault Accuser: This Was All a ‘Despicable’ Set-Up

Kelly said he expressed concerns about the scheme but Wohl told him to sleep on it. When Kelly woke at around 11 in the morning, Wohl “was already dressed in a suit because he ‘can’t do a Monday if he isn’t in a suit’” and—of more significance—the fabricated statement had been posted to Medium, along with fake Twitter and Gmail accounts in Kelly’s name.

According to Kelly, Burkman tried to calm his nerves by claiming that he was a “‘star’ and people are eating me up.”

The trio, according to Kelly, ate Subway sandwiches, during which Kelly continued to express his regrets. Burkman and Wohl tried to calm him down by promising to purchase “any house I wanted” and insisting that his family would “get over it.”

The two had plans for Kelly to follow up his initial accusations against Buttigieg with a press conference but they needed Kelly to sign off on the script. Kelly said that, at this point, the duo turned to intimidation, telling him that backing out and leaving was “not an option.”

This story really has nothing to do with Pete. It’s a story about the ridiculous GOP political machine.

Of course, the rest of the GOP will try to claim political victory by saying they successfully proven that all of #metoo should not be taken seriously.

For what crime?

slander/libel?

Those are civil torts, not crimes. There was no false report to the police, so it's not even the Jesse Smollett situation. And no one was under oath. I can't think of a crime that was committed. But I don't do criminal law.

Trump with a twitter tantrum this morning...retweeting countless “firefighters” who don’t support Biden.

This one’s great.

Trump with a twitter tantrum this morning...retweeting countless “firefighters” who don’t support Biden.

This one’s great.

A Bernie supporter might be serious if Bernie doesn’t get the nomination. /s

I guess he quickly walked back the religious exemption, which is good.

Back