• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

He is a career politician. You wouldn’t know that from talking to his supporters who claim he’s an outsider. He’s been in Washington for almost 30 years. In politics total for almost 40 years. He was already mayor when Pete was born.

I’m just really wary of running against Trump with someone who has been in Washington longer than him.

You’re like bkf with Howard Dean, man. Are we gonna have to listen to Pete shit for the next three decades?

Sorry which critique is it? That he's a part of the swamp for being on the Hill for 30 years or that, as Hillary says nobody likes him and nobody wants to work with him?

I'm also confused about whether party unity is important.

And while we're at it, can anyone name a Hillary 2016 platform plank the party has taken into 2020?

Now do Bernie.

Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF.webp
I'm just here for the reaction to Hillary dragging Sanders today.

Sorry which critique is it? That he's a part of the swamp for being on the Hill for 30 years or that, as Hillary says nobody likes him and nobody wants to work with him?

I'm also confused about whether party unity is important.

And while we're at it, can anyone name a Hillary 2016 platform plank the party has taken into 2020?

Now do Bernie.

Nobody likes him because he is a horrible person, and the poor folks who had to work with him know this.

He and Trumps angry, violent, populist rhetoric have been an absolute cancer on American society.

The horrible part about this is that the one time Hilldawg decided to be truthful is just going to help Bernie and embolden the bro's.

This is the best endorsement Bernie can get headed into Iowa. Once again the Clinton's fuck America.

By "supporters," you mean berniebros?

Nah. This is broader than the Super Bernie Bros.

Bernie’s impact on the party platform is definitely notable. Like I’ve said before, I wish he had run in 2004. Win or lose, he would have sparked a largely absent progressive movement and it would have changed history.

But before he ran in 2016, what was the word on Bernie. He was a loner Senator from a small state who prided himself on not being a joiner. What’s his signature accomplishment? Biden can run on the Obama years. Warren has the CFPB.

I've actually heard from more than one person that Bernie isn't a very friendly or warm dude

not that that really matters

How about the way Bernie underpaid women in his 2016 campaign? He also didn't give women as many opportunities.

We're not talking about 20, 30, 40 years ago just like we aren't talking about 30 or 40 years ago regarding his voting three time this century for the NRA and against sensible gun laws.

TBF, I am pretty sure Hillary was talking about other Senators, not his approval rating among voters. She should STFU though.

I don't think Bernie is a horrible person by any stretch of the imagination -- I think he probably doesn't want to pretend to like douchebag politicians and pal around with them. Who can blame him?

Pretending to like douchebags is a very important part of politics.

"nobody" could signify career politicians or rich people but it doesn't seem to signify the average American

Back