• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

The DNC needs to minimize debate size by saying “top five in polling” make next debate and then quickly get it down to three. Seven is unwieldy especially when run by incompetent moderators like last night was.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

Didn't think Warren had a very good strategy last night. She had a lot of momentum after a great debate last week. I think she should've focused less on attacking Bloomberg this week and more on presenting herself as a leading candidate somewhere between Bernie and Pete/Biden. Last night she came across more like Bernie's attack dog who goes after Bloomberg while he leads the movement. Unfortunately I don't think she did much to take any progressives away from Bernie or any centrists away from Biden or Pete.

Biden seemed to have more energy again. Pete is getting annoying and stale. Amy and Steyer need to drop out asap.

If Biden does well in SC and carries momentum into Tuesday, I think it'll effectively be a 3 horse race between Bernie, Biden, and Bloomberg by the end of next week (although some of the other horses will continue to run for a while)

Watch out, saying this makes you a sexist.

Warren should fire her debate prep people. They really fucked her last night. She could have effectively destroyed Bloomberg and leveled the field with Bernie.

She could have used the truth about the pregnant lady to hit Bloomberg. According to a person who was at that meeting Bloomberg actually asked, "ARE you going to kill it?" That's a despicable thing to say, but pales in comparison to BS assertion she made that it wasn't a question. Had she just used the full statement, it would have been more effective and less Trumpian.

Where her staff (and she herself) really failed was on Stop & Frisk. She had him set up by saying he advanced a racist to exponential levels that grotesquely harmed young people of color. His response that HE lowered the program by 95% is what he had been saying and it was mostly false. It was predictable. Her prep staff and she missed an opportunity here to tell the truth that the reason Bloomberg cut the program was Judge Shira Scheindlen's decision that the policy was unconstitutional and ordered him to do it. This would have hurt him badly.

She and her staff should have known her only path to the nomination was to get rid of Bernie. She's treating him way to nicely. She (and the rest of the candidates) blew the Castro attack. Yes, Castro had more education than Bautista did, but it wasn't the public schools where Warren taught. They did teach reading and math, but the primary purpose of Castro's schools was to create a new generation of brainwashed Castro allies and kids who spied on their parents and neighbors. Castro's schools were basically communist Hitler youth camps. She had an opening and missed it.

She could have also differentiated her social programs from Bernie's. Even as expensive as hers are, they aren't on the level of Bernie's. She had an advantage to play here with her creating the Consumer Protection Agency. She could have used this to show hers helped consumers and citizens better.

She has no chance with Bernie still in the race.

My bad using reason is bad.

Last edited:
Pete really went to SC and talked shit about the revolutionary politics of the 60s. What an idiot.

Pete really went to SC and talked shit about the revolutionary politics of the 60s. What an idiot.

Yeah, not nearly as cool as praising Communist dictators of the 20th century in the 1980s.

feel like my guy Bernie did not have a great night

missed some easy ones when he got challenged on electability by Pete and Bloomberg -- all he had to do was point out that he's gotten the most votes in each state so far and that polls have him beating Trump head-to-head in enough states to win the election -- instead he spent too much time talking about campaign finance purity

and agree that Warren's attacks on Bloomberg failed to hit as hard as the first time and looked a little desperate

thought Steyer, Biden, and Pete all helped themselves, but Biden is the only one for whom it could possibly matter and Pete fails to come across as genuine to me

debates are not a good format for Bloomberg -- he's such a stiff and his attempt at jokes come across so smug and out of touch

but the biggest loser was the debate itself and CBS -- I bailed and watched MY DEACS after the first 45 minutes or so

Don’t know what’s dark about a party deciding to limit their candidates after several months of campaigning and around the time 1/3 of the total delegates are in. Parties exist for the primary purpose of winning elections and they use necessary methods to get there.

See: RNC limiting the field as the race went on in 2016

Last edited:
This is an apparently real transcript of Pete saying nothing:

"radical by luddite standards"

oh look the luddites get misunderstood/mischaracterized again

Pete is very gifted at making nothing sound like something

but how anyone with any sense of critical thinking can walk away feeling like there is substance is beyond me

This is an apparently real transcript of Pete saying nothing:

That’s hilarious. The same thing got posted on a Pete Facebook page from the perspective that Bernie wouldn’t let him respond.

I didn’t watch it but the fact that Pete got far less speaking time than anybody else makes the idea that he was interrupting seem silly.

Yeah. But Pete getting called out more for it is more evidence that people hate him for ridiculous reasons. It’s as if people finally start calling out white guys on their BS and they just happen to start with the nice young gay man.

Back