• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

That's a cop-out excuse for democrats who refuse to admit that they couldn't get out of their own way to find anyone better than the absolute lowest common denominator to prop up and run. I'm a registered Independent who plans to vote for several Dems in this election, including Cal Cunningham, David Brown, and Josh Stein, who all affect me way more than the President does. And I stand by my 2016 vote, on record on here from election day then, for Deez Nutz given the two 2016 candidates. 2020 is significantly worse given the current situation. I can understand voting for Biden given the alternative, but anyone who actually thinks that Biden is an objectively good candidate, did well in that debate, or will actually make a good President is dumber than the typical Trumper.

proud of your Dan Forest vote, I see

That's a cop-out excuse for democrats who refuse to admit that they couldn't get out of their own way to find anyone better than the absolute lowest common denominator to prop up and run. I'm a registered Independent who plans to vote for several Dems in this election, including Cal Cunningham, David Brown, and Josh Stein, who all affect me way more than the President does. And I stand by my 2016 vote, on record on here from election day then, for Deez Nutz given the two 2016 candidates. 2020 is significantly worse given the current situation. I can understand voting for Biden given the alternative, but anyone who actually thinks that Biden is an objectively good candidate, did well in that debate, or will actually make a good President is dumber than the typical Trumper.

Obvious pre-existing bias against Biden in this post.

While I didn't want Biden to run because he is a fossil, other than his age, would like to know why Biden is a bad candidate for President. Unlike our current President who had a previous career as a real estate speculator, tax cheat, and reality TV personality. Biden has served in public office for almost 50 years, including 36 as a US Senator and 8 as Vice President. He has served on the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Foreign relations committee and chaired the International Narcotics Control Caucus.

Isn't that the type of experience that you would look for in a candidate for President? He actually has the experience that would qualify him to lead the Government. What a novel concept!

As for the debate, hard to say how "well" Biden did given that Trump essentially had 90 minute meltdown, but at least, Biden was able to identify facts to support his positions in between Trump interruptions. Trump was an abject disaster, and so, Biden won the debate; sure, Biden missed additional opportunities to attack Trump and his record, but the bottom line is that the debate just further exposed the clown that somehow was elected in 2016 has to go.

Last edited:
I think somebody mentioned it, but if not I'll point it out again. Biden had several points where he looked into the camera and talked directly to the American people. I don't think Trump did that once.

I wasn't a fan of the format or how Wallace put together the segments. But one major positive was that issue of racial discrimination and racial injustice were front and center in a presidential debate. I don't know the last time that happened. Climate change also got some quality time. I think one of the 2012 or 2016 debates was the first time climate change was ever mentioned in a debate.

Lolz. Best of luck trying to add some new method to control or muzzle him, like cutting off his mic. He'll scream bloody murder if that happens, or if they try to limit him in any way. He might storm off the stage. Not that I wouldn't love to see it and I don't really have much interest in the presidential debates this year, but all I have to say is good luck to that Commission in trying to shut him up.

Lolz. Best of luck trying to add some new method to control or muzzle him, like cutting off his mic. He'll scream bloody murder if that happens, or if they try to limit him in any way. He might storm off the stage. Not that I wouldn't love to see it and I don't really have much interest in the presidential debates this year, but all I have to say is good luck to that Commission in trying to shut him up.

I'm not in favor of cutting off his mic. That would give him and Fox a new talking point. Let the disaster continue. Make Trump supporters with half a brain and 5% of a remaining conscience come up with more reasons to support him after performances like this.

I question if it's even worth trying to muzzle or reign him in at all at this point. Don't give him the chance to have a Reagan "I am paying for this microphone" moment by storming off the stage or screaming over a dead mic that the debates are rigged against him.

I'm not in favor of cutting off his mic. That would give him and Fox a new talking point. Let the disaster continue. Make Trump supporters with half a brain and 5% of a remaining conscience come up with more reasons to support him after performances like this.

I'm not really in favor of cutting off his mic either, my point is that I don't think there's much that the Commission can do to control or reign in Trump that won't cause him to blow a gasket on the air. Personally I think it would be hilarious to watch, but I just don't see what they're going to come up with that might actually work. Trump has no intention of behaving or controlling himself. I don't envy their task, that's for sure.

Last edited:
I love how Biden clearly hates the left of the democratic party.

Standing up against M4A, and the green new deal were the highlights of the debate. I am all in on Biden.

I'd love for him to blow a gasket and have a temper tantrum on live TV.

always projecting: Trump is claiming he heard Biden doesn't wanna do the last 2 debates

Seems to me this is bad news for Trump. The only plus to any new rules is the fact this next debate is a "town hall" which may limit what could be put into effect to muzzle him. But even that format limits the President's attack tactics bc they'll be responding to voters in person.

Anyway, my larger points here are:

1 - Trump is behind, So he needs the debates more than Biden.

2 - Biden has already said he's good to go and will show up for all the debates. From his perspective anything that helps muzzle the bullshit tactics is likely an added plus.

3 - So where's it leave Trump? Protesting he won't show up if they alter the format? Who looks like the coward then?

The commission is a bi-partisan group. It isn't controlled by either side.

Dumbest tactic Trump has deployed so far was calling Biden "Sleepy" and questioning his mental capacity. It set the bar really low for Biden. And he clearly hopped over that bar with ease last night. He didn't even perform all that great.

Finally, interesting poll by FoxNews. Union households in Ohio said 52-44 Biden won last night's debate. That is yet another sign the foundation around Trump's support is not on sound ground. And time is no longer his friend. We're a month away from election day. And loads of people have already started voting. With each vote that is cast its one more vote the person behind can't change with any sort of ease.

Very troubling for Trump to keep digging in on the validity of the election.

I know you don't believe everything all what pre election "data" or polls tell us.
Obviously, there are a multitude of Pub supporters who feel that specific Dem policies are very contrary to their views and values.
They would rather poke a warm stick in their eye than vote for a Biden, Harris, Schumer, Pelosi regime.
With that said, my guess that Dem turn out in many key states (unlike 2016) will FAR outweigh Pub participation.
Dems know they must show their outrage and not be lulled to sleep as they did 2016 and vote Dump out.
Pubs have no such passion (unlike 2016) Besides his base (35%?) Pubs will show their disdain for what Dump has done to the Party by not voting. In droves.

I like this post and want to add that there will be a strong silent Biden vote. Many of my idiot Pub friends that still will vote for trump (because they can NEVER vote for a Dem), no way their wives vote for this disparaging moron.

Also there will be many trumpsters in my state (SC) that will not vote since they think trump has it in the bag. Might not matter in super red SC but that might be enough to take down Lindsey.

such a silly post...they made me do it!

2016 did not have good candidates, but still only one has continuously been found corrupt (he has a long rap sheet of anti-money laundering citations and fraud). Clinton has been investigated so many times by Republicans and never been charged with anything...that includes their foundation. Trump's was found he fraudulently spent that money on himself and it was shut down. you might not like Hillary, most don't including myself, but the decision was really not hard if you did your due diligence on the candidates.

2020, again not good candidates but again one is clearly a better pick. this is not debatable!

here is the big difference, Trump has continuously filled cabinet positions (or left them unfilled) with people found to also be corrupt or just not qualified for their position. I have faith, from history, that Dems fill cabinet positions with people that have the resume to fulfill their job roles. this is also not debatable! I also think Biden did not lose the debate...America did. It was a disaster and the reason for that was Trump and his antics. It was impossible to hear any answers with his continuous childish verbal diarrhea.

just stating out loud what he would prefer to do

Yes. A few other real or potential projections:

- Biden is on drugs. It's the only thing that can explain his uneven performances

- You took money from the Mayor Moscow

- You lie all the time, Joe

- Never use the word "smart" with me again

So many things with him can be classified as "that's what you do" or "but what about you". And that never, ever, comes with context for whose behaviors are actually worse. It's like people saying they both behaved poorly last night. OK. One guy was Charles Manson on a cocaine bender going on a killing spree. The other was your next door neighbor who got drunk at the corner bar and then rammed his car into a tree on the way home. Are both "bad"? Sure. But one is obviously off the charts worse.

Last edited:
always projecting: Trump is claiming he heard Biden doesn't wanna do the last 2 debates

Maybe he heard the country doesn't want to do the last 2 debates.

Back