• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Apparently wonky means you don't wanna fuck her, because that seems to be the majority of the criticism of her appeal in this thread so far.

Hey!! I definitely wanted to fuck her! I just didn’t want to vote for her.

How does the lack of strong third party candidates affect the election this year? In 2016, Trump's winning margins in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were less than the number of votes Jill Stein received as the Green Party candidate. The Green party won't be on the ballot this year in Wisconsin or Pennsylvania so that should be a positive for Biden as those voters would be much more likely to support him than Trump.

The Libertarian polling numbers are also down this cycle compared to 2016. The bigger question in my mind is who do those voters support this year. Were they the never Trumpers of the Republican Party or the moderates who disliked Hillary?

How does the lack of strong third party candidates affect the election this year? In 2016, Trump's winning margins in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were less than the number of votes Jill Stein received as the Green Party candidate. The Green party won't be on the ballot this year in Wisconsin or Pennsylvania so that should be a positive for Biden as those voters would be much more likely to support him than Trump.

The Libertarian polling numbers are also down this cycle compared to 2016. The bigger question in my mind is who do those voters support this year. Were they the never Trumpers of the Republican Party or the moderates who disliked Hillary?

It helps Biden. I voted third party last election. I know many people who did likewise and all are in for Biden. Most of those people are conservative some more independent on the Presidential ballot (that's how my Presidential votes have gone generally - Bush, Clinton once, Bush II once, Obama once, third party). I'm just not sure it matters. Is there any state where a third party candidate last time got enough votes if they would have certainly swung Dem by enough percent to have swung the election. I think NH was the closest state last go around on raw vote numbers and it went Dem anyway.

Last edited:
How the fuck does Warren come off as wonky?

Warren comes off wonky for the same reason that news is delivered at a 7th grade reading level.

Because Americans are lazy, stupid and have the collective attention span of a ADHD kid taking speed.

The moment she mentions a number above ten, 40% of the country tunes her out.

I think Libertarians were mostly never Trumpers... but no clue what they do this year.

Libertarianism are just greedy assholes who want to sound educated when they defend their selfish political views

75%+ of Libertarians will vote for Trump because they only care about themselves

How the fuck does Warren come off as wonky?

She is a wonk, that’s her chosen political persona. A lot of people love and want more wonky politicians, including me.

Wonkiness isn’t a bad thing, who said it was bad? It’s not as appealing to some voters as politicians who speak in platitudes but it ain’t a bad thing

Libertarianism are just greedy assholes who want to sound educated when they defend their selfish political views

75%+ of Libertarians will vote for Trump because they only care about themselves

I generally agree. Two people who I know call themselves libertarian voted for Trump. At some point, the Tea Party was successful in getting the message out that a Black person getting executed in the street or jailed for life because of a Three Strikes law was, as freedom incursions go, less than or equal to a white person having to pay more taxes for someone else's healthcare.

Gary Johnson, IMO, pulled in more self described "independents" who weren't libertarians but who wanted to express dislike for both candidates.

I still don't think most Stein voters would have voted for Hillary even if Stein and the Green party had ceased to exist. Many people voting for her made a specific choice to reject Hillary.

lol nailing it

Townie, aren't you an editor of some sort? Commas can be used in a list. Read this again. If it helps, substitute the name of Michigan's governor for "Michigan's governor."

You mean like Michigan's governor, Amy Klobuchar - who does great across a very rural state, Krysten Sinema, Jacky Rosen, Tina Smith (who will win this election easily), Margaret Wood Hassan, Tami Baldwin, Heidi Heitkamp (who won in ND), Debbie Stabenow and other women democrats who have won statewide elections in states with large rural populations?

Elizabeth Warren would struggle to win a nationwide election if she were a man.

I think folks continue to buy into this narrative that HRC was discriminated against vs. people just refusing to acknowledge she wouldn't be well liked if she was a man. In part its because Hillary, who can't stomach losing, herself puts out this vibe that she is victimized. At least I know that is part of what I find insanely unappealing about her. If you're going to be President I really don't want to hear from you about how a reason policy A or policy B you are advancing isn't being accepted is because other people don't like you because you have Red hair or a vagina or a mole on your forehead. I don't want to hear about why it's "unfair". It's a huge part of why the public hates Donald Trump - it is never HIS fault.

So is Texas really in play right now? Because that is awesome if true.

LOL indeed. I've met her, attended private events to fundraise for her and clearly have no idea who she is. May want to brush up on those reading skills.

sounds awesome, about michigan's famous governor, amy klobuchar

Just doubling on down, huh?

I know of no one who knows Klubuchar pretty well (and given my profession, the not too big size of our metro and the number of years I've lived here I know many people who know her pretty well here), who doesn't think very highly of her. The only thing I've heard negative is she is extremely demanding of her staff and has pissed some of them off. So yep, I've supported her in the past. I wanted her to get the nomination in large part because she's shown she has very broad appeal with the electorate in our state. Also get how she doesn't fit the mold of being dynamic enough to get traction nationally.

800px-MinnesotaSenateElectionResults2006.svg.png

Back