• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Counter point there is a figure where money would solve the problem such as in a massive amount where police salary equal to a physicians salary with private police insurance would probably solve a lot of problems, all current cops would need to be fired though.

Is that the proposal here?

I'm reading about what happened in Camden - seems to have significantly improved the situation. What's your beef with that approach?

I still haven't seen a satisfactory answer on why a continuing to exist police department with no changes and with less money will help the situation.

Come on...anything other than the honor system for crime and no prisons is not acceptable.

I still haven't seen a satisfactory answer on why a continuing to exist police department with no changes and with less money will help the situation.

Dude you've had plenty of time and opportunity to actually read what the defund police movement is trying to do, so I dont have any reason to debate your nonsense hypothetical. Defund the police means less responsibilities for the police, less policing, and less police officers. Its far beyond time that we stop addressing all of our societies problems with a stern voice and threat of violence.

Counter point there is a figure where money would solve the problem such as in a massive amount where police salary equal to a physicians salary with private police insurance would probably solve a lot of problems, all current cops would need to be fired though.

counter counter point - give civilians that money and they will commit less crime

You can't be serious in thinking there won't be any crime and an explosion of vigilantism if you abolish the police.

RJ doing that thing again where he posts in an alternate timeline where he's responding to people posting all the dumbest shit that RJ himself can think of.

Keep on going...keep making it personal...don't cry when you are treated the same way on the accumulation of your insults...

MHB and MDMH are so right. Just give people a few bucks and abolish the police and the world will be free of crime. In their world, gangs wouldn't hold people up, murder or steal cars or do internet crimes. Of course, former cops wouldn't commit any crimes. There would be no vigilantes.

While we're at it, let's open the door to all the prisons. Let's let serial rapists and pedophiles out and give them some money to restart their lives. Let's let cyber criminals out of jail. They promise they will never ruin another person's life. MHB and MDMH believes them. Why don't you?

16712058_10208780509693828_2214947101796223612_n-e1488455819392.jpg

Dude you've had plenty of time and opportunity to actually read what the defund police movement is trying to do, so I dont have any reason to debate your nonsense hypothetical. Defund the police means less responsibilities for the police, less policing, and less police officers. Its far beyond time that we stop addressing all of our societies problems with a stern voice and threat of violence.

Mine's a nonsense hypothetical? This to me sounds like a nonsense hypothetical -- you don't just snap your fucking fingers and this happens: "less responsibilities for the police, less policing, and less police officers".

what if i told you law enforcement does little to nothing to ensure public safety

Mine's a nonsense hypothetical? This to me sounds like a nonsense hypothetical -- you don't just snap your fucking fingers and this happens: "less responsibilities for the police, less policing, and less police officers".
Where did you get the idea that anyone expected this to happen immediately? You can't just add imaginary stipulations to idea you don't like and then just argue against those stipulations. Just as no one is just planning to run the same police departments for less money. Are you and RJ competing for the worst straw man argument?? Why don't you try critiquing a real proposal, instead of your favorite imaginary one.

man, at least my "Police Reform Day 1" comment was a half joke - I can admit that reform attempts are going to be sincere, whereas you all are yelling about there being chaos with no law on the streets day 1 of police defunding. Good grief.

Last edited:

Actually, if the right fingers snap, that's exactly what happens. Just have to pass the laws.

Now there will be plenty of fall out like dealing with a lot of jobless former cops who may not have skills to get other jobs. But let us get to that point first.

Last edited:
Apparently shoo thinks about law enforcement reorganization the same way Michael Scott thinks about bankruptcy

Back