• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

We get Laravia for 2 more years, he's still developing, and he came from a non Power 5 school.

Plus Man Man is already on everyone's radars.

Also, LaRavia was just above walk-on as a recruit coming out of HS. Unranked -->all conference midmajor --> major contributor --> all ACC?

Also, LaRavia was just above walk-on as a recruit coming out of HS. Unranked -->all conference midmajor --> major contributor --> all ACC?

Should be all ACC. But as we may see with Alondes, Jake may not get the respect he deserves.

Baffling that the ACC leader in both points and assists doesn’t seem to be at the top of the “experts” ACC POY list.

So we have 7 games left. What do we need to do to feel comfortable to get into the tourney. I think 5 wins gets us in pretty comfortably. 4 wins and we will have some work to do in the ACC tourney.

So we have 7 games left. What do we need to do to feel comfortable to get into the tourney. I think 5 wins gets us in pretty comfortably. 4 wins and we will have some work to do in the ACC tourney.

Depends on what the wins and losses are tbh.

Agree. With 4-3 finish to regular season, would need at least 1-1 in ACC Tournament. With a worse finish, (3-4) would need at least two wins in ACC Tournament.

Losing to Louisville or State at home would be bad but a loss at Duke wouldn’t matter.

Yeah but if we lose to Louisville at home and win at Duke we are probably in better shape. I really don't think it matters how it goes. 5 and 2 and we are in but 4 and 3 and we are on the bubble

Yeah but if we lose to Louisville at home and win at Duke we are probably in better shape. I really don't think it matters how it goes. 5 and 2 and we are in but 4 and 3 and we are on the bubble

That’s true. You’re probably right. Let’s just win all of them just in case.

If the season ended today we’d be solidly in. I think we’d have to have to have a bad loss (against Louisville or state) or go 0-3 against the good teams left (Miami/ND/Duke) to fall to bubble territory.

If we lose @State we probably have to go 2-1 against the latter group to stay solidly in.

If the season ended today we’d be solidly in. I think we’d have to have to have a bad loss (against Louisville or state) or go 0-3 against the good teams left (Miami/ND/Duke) to fall to bubble territory.

If we lose @State we probably have to go 2-1 against the latter group to stay solidly in.

Agree

ACC will get at least 4 teams. If we stumble it will depend on what the others do. Right now it seems Duke, Miami, ND, UNC, UVA and WFU are only teams with legit shots. I think ACC gets 5 with one being in a play in game. UVA is the one to watch. Need them to fade the rest of the way away, particularly if we stumble. I think 4-3 gets us in but if we are fifth ACC team on most boards with that record we are in trouble. Top 4 in final conference standings = automatic.

Virginia is waaaaay out of the picture (BartTorvik has them as the 25th team out of the field) and they have a tough schedule left (Duke twice, @ VT and @ Miami). They would need to beat Duke at least once and win every other game to even be close to making the field.

4-3 puts us at 23-8, 13-7 heading into the ACC tournament. Worst case is we’re 23-9 on Selection Sunday. Even with a weak OOC schedule, I think that’s a lock. May not be a good seed, but I think we’re in.

If we go 3-4 or worse, it would imply a bad loss or two down the stretch which could make things interesting for us.

I expect this team to have as many wins as the 03 & 09 teams. Can also flirt with 05 as well.

Last edited:
2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 18-5 (8-4), KP#43

And while we’re on the subject of BartTorvik, the Teamcast feature on that site is one of my favorite toys. You can simulate the rest of the season and see what seed you would likely be with the outcomes. They have us as a 9 seed currently. Here are our outcomes:

Win out: 7 seed
Only loss @ Duke: 9 seed
Losses @ Duke and @ Clemson: 9 seed
L’s @ Duke, Clemson and NCST: 9 seed
Three road losses and L at home to ND or Miami: First Four out
L’s @ Duke and Clemson, home loss to either ND or Miami: 11 seed

Obviously all these could be off a seed line or so because others will have surprising losses and wins (if we win out I’d bet we’d be on the 6 line), but the main thing this shows me is that we must win out at home to feel comfortable going in to the ACCT that we don’t have to win a game to be on the right side of the bubble.

ETA: Or win @ Clemson and @ State. If we do that and drop one of the home games we’re still a 9 seed.

Last edited:
If we can get a handle on the turnovers all this shit takes care of itself. We have a good offense and a very good defense.

Just run the table and be done with it!!!

After 10+ years of total frustration it's about time to kick ass and take names!

Back