• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

I find it ridiculous that this team isn't ranked. I grasp the whole ACC is down line. But more often than not our guys are beating the crap out of teams and are not getting any credit for it. Weren't even in the others receiving votes last week per AP. They're 19-5.

And while we’re on the subject of BartTorvik, the Teamcast feature on that site is one of my favorite toys. You can simulate the rest of the season and see what seed you would likely be with the outcomes. They have us as a 9 seed currently. Here are our outcomes:

Win out: 7 seed
Only loss @ Duke: 9 seed
Losses @ Duke and @ Clemson: 9 seed
L’s @ Duke, Clemson and NCST: 9 seed
Three road losses and L at home to ND or Miami: First Four out
L’s @ Duke and Clemson, home loss to either ND or Miami: 11 seed

Obviously all these could be off a seed line or so because others will have surprising losses and wins (if we win out I’d bet we’d be on the 6 line), but the main thing this shows me is that we must win out at home to feel comfortable going in to the ACCT that we don’t have to win a game to be on the right side of the bubble.

ETA: Or win @ Clemson and @ State. If we do that and drop one of the home games we’re still a 9 seed.

If we win out a 7 seed would feel like a real kick in the balls.

7 straight wins for 9 in a row would get us to 26-5 and top 2 and possibly #1 in ACC. We are easily top 20 by that point and would be recognized as one of the hotter teams in country and a virtual lock for no less than a 5 seed depending on ACC tourney.

If we win out a 7 seed would feel like a real kick in the balls.

For real. 26-5 (16-4) to end the regular season 1st or 2nd in the ACC. Throw in at least 1-1 in the ACCT for 27-6. That’s better than a 7 seed.

Likely a 6 seed I would think if we win out, but we would still only be 2-2 in Q1 games. Sucks that we’ve had so few opportunities for quality wins.

Just run the table and be done with it!!!

After 10+ years of total frustration it's about time to kick ass and take names!

I agree with this 100%. This team is fucking good and we don’t have to sit around knashing teeth worrying about this shit, about what everyone else thinks about us. Man man don’t give a fuck. We have 5 ruin your day scorers, 2 athletic wings, and 3 big guys that together get shit done.

Marsh needs to get engaged now, our bigs are tired. They play great, then we are great.

Duke is an NBA team. Other than that we’re better than everyone else notwithstanding Cuse zone or FSU press. Those are our worst matchups. UVA can’t score enough to beat us. We turn it over too much and Davien can get posted up. We have some deficiencies but this team will blow your doors off too….probably more than any Wake team I’ve ever ex the no. 1 team with Teague and JJ. We’ve had some great offensive teams but none could play d like this one. Muscius was excellent on D yesterday. We can shut people down too.

This team is going to keep winning, it’s getting better. A lot of these open floor turnovers are just stupid and fixable. Sometimes we get beat on the boards but it’s more chasing down bad misses. Our bigs are a little slow to the ball sometimes but they do a very job in their spaces.

This team really hasn’t hit stride yet. Monsanto balls, and he’s not even in game shape yet. Not close. He’s a Robert Horry redo. He’s going to be in the NBA.

This team likes each other, shares the ball, and plays to win. Let’s enjoy the ride. I think it’s going to be wild.

I think we haven't won more than 4 games in February since 2009. This is the inflection point for the season. Just eyeballing the past seasons, we are talking about the Teague, Paul, Howard and Duncan/Childress teams that have won more than 4 games in Feb.

We've had plenty of seasons were we limped home from here to the NCAAT. Hope we change that.

#1 task is getting to a double bye. In this ACC, IIRC, we've never gotten a bye much less a double bye.

Next, since Duncan left, we've played in what? 2 ACCT semi's? This is probably our best chance in 25 years if we can get the double bye.

As for the polls, in 1995, we were #14 after losing at FSU. We beat #7MD, #18 GT, #11 UVA and @#2 UNC and that moved us all the way to #7. In the ACCT we were #7 and UNC was still #4.

since CP3 punched Hodge in the nuts, WF is 58-120, .326, in February/March (not counting that win in Raleigh)

41-77 in February, .347
17-43 in March, .283

this includes the two February wins so far this year

Not in the AP. 6th back among teams receiving votes with 21. We probably have a 50/50 shot at making Top 25 if we win at State and vs. Miami to get to 21-5.

If we had beaten Cuse, we'd be one of 7 teams with 20 wins. There are 18 other teams with 19 wins. By next Monday, 20+ wins won't be anything special.

Ranked 25th in the Coaches Poll. From a quick glance, it's the first time we've been ranked since February 15, 2010 (25th coaches, 23rd AP).

Still not in Jerry Palm's bracket but we have at least returned to First 4 Out status.

Our non-conference SOS does stick out a bit like a sore thumb -- thanks a lot to Elite-8-last-year Oregon State for having an abysmal record for a P5 team. Good news is that seems to be less of a priority for the committee than in the past when basically every year they surprisingly left out a team who had a terrible ranking in that category.

More we keep winning less that and everything else will be a concern. And certainly the opportunity is there to win the ACCT and make this all moot

since CP3 punched Hodge in the nuts, WF is 58-120, .326, in February/March (not counting that win in Raleigh)

41-77 in February, .347
17-43 in March, .283

this includes the two February wins so far this year

Not sure it was a punch, more of a back handed slap as I recall

If we won out and won the ACC Tournament (presumably beating Dook twice in the process) aren’t we pushing a 1 seed? 2 at worst?

Guys, there is one ACC Team in last week's Top 25. There is no way an ACC Team is getting a #1 or #2 seed in the Tourney, no matter what.
For us I believe we are in unless we totally shit the bed. Let's celebrate that.

Ranked 25th in the Coaches Poll. From a quick glance, it's the first time we've been ranked since February 15, 2010 (25th coaches, 23rd AP).

We were never ranked during John Collins big year?

Back