• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

i don't know and haven't googled much. But...bloodflow increases becasue blood vessels dilate as body temp increases. So i always feel a little looser after some time in there. For me the benefit is it's super relaxing and just a great place to chill and sweat

Just bros increasing blood flow and getting looser.

What do you all do for off days?
Right now I’m doing a 5 day split. About an hour of weights in the AM, followed by 20 minutes on the exercise bike. Then 40 minute walk or walk/run in the afternoon.

I’m struggling with what to do on the weekends. Right now it’s usually just a 40 min walk or so each day. Any thoughts?

Whats wrong with just the walk? That sounds good to me. Maybe shoot some hoops?

Push day!
Sounds like you doing great on everything. I did the fire department stuff more than 30 years ago. The one thing that helped me was focusing on my breathing and staying calm. Everyone had the strength for the testing but so many folks forget to breathe when they are going thru it. Just keep that in mind while you are working out.

Sounds like you doing great on everything. I did the fire department stuff more than 30 years ago. The one thing that helped me was focusing on my breathing and staying calm. Everyone had the strength for the testing but so many folks forget to breathe when they are going thru it. Just keep that in mind while you are working out.
Thanks! Doing leg day today where I’ll finish on the stairs with my vest. I’m hoping that i can really crush my 2nd practice test, so I’m not nervous going into the real thing.

And just glad i made it today, as i was feeling like skipping and watching all the football pre-game stuff. Now i Can Watch Chiefs win feeling good that i worked out.

Was doing a little research and it looks like my pre-workout drink doesn’t break a fast. So gonna try intermittent fasting again. Gives me a better window than 4:30AM to 12:30.

What’s your pre-workout drink?

What’s your pre-workout drink?

Nothing?

If it’s a long run or bike ride, especially not coffee.

I used to do NO before weights, but I’m too old to MAXIMIZE GAINZ anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of those break a fast? I prefer to workout in the morning and eat between 12:30-8:30. So a pre-workout drink that doesn’t break a fast would be great.

Not a huge deal, but I sort of feel like Sauna’s should be quiet zones. If you’re gonna chat do it at very low volumes, not normal volume.

Back