• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

I’ve got this 4 mile loop in my hood that’s pretty hilly. I started last year by just walking it 3-4 days a week and my times dropped from 1:15 to 1:05. Then I started trying to jog the flat parts, now I’m jogging the majority of it and just got my time under 45:00. Very pumped at the progress, even if the scale isn’t dropping as fast as I’d like.

I’ve got this 4 mile loop in my hood that’s pretty hilly. I started last year by just walking it 3-4 days a week and my times dropped from 1:15 to 1:05. Then I started trying to jog the flat parts, now I’m jogging the majority of it and just got my time under 45:00. Very pumped at the progress, even if the scale isn’t dropping as fast as I’d like.
Always remember, the scale matters less than what you look like with your shirt off, bro.

In a fight I would take prime Tim Horton (doughnut guy) over Tony Horton any day.

"prime" meaning alive.

I used to run all of the time until my second knee surgery and would do one 10K a year. These days, whenever I have occasion to run a short distance my whole body is like, "What the fuck are you doing, that hurts, stop NOW !"

That's good stuff, but please never use the word jog again.

Also, answer my pm

Went to the gym for the first time in a long while this morning.

A guy significantly smaller than me was trying to max out his bench press. WTF does that at 5 in the morning? Anyways, he may be trying to bench 90lbs plus the weight of the bar. He warns me that he's got this unconventional style and one arm is stronger than the other but to only grab the bar if told. He starts, low and behold the bar starts sagging and heading towards his throat. I grab the bar, probably saving his life, and then get chewed out and disinvited from his birthday party, which I never knew I'd been previously invited to. What an asshole.

Did not want to get up at 4:30 this morning. Struggled knowing it was shoulder day, which I hate due to shoulder injuries. Gutted it out. 15 minute sauna before and after. mile run when I got back to the neighborhood.

Glad I dragged my ass out

Went to the gym for the first time in a long while this morning.

A guy significantly smaller than me was trying to max out his bench press. WTF does that at 5 in the morning? Anyways, he may be trying to bench 90lbs plus the weight of the bar. He warns me that he's got this unconventional style and one arm is stronger than the other but to only grab the bar if told. He starts, low and behold the bar starts sagging and heading towards his throat. I grab the bar, probably saving his life, and then get chewed out and disinvited from his birthday party, which I never knew I'd been previously invited to. What an asshole.
This is just quality work.

Did not want to get up at 4:30 this morning. Struggled knowing it was shoulder day, which I hate due to shoulder injuries. Gutted it out. 15 minute sauna before and after. mile run when I got back to the neighborhood.

Glad I dragged my ass out
How many hours do you average sleeping, Windy?

Back