• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Getting 8 hours of sleep and supplementing with creatine are the two things that made the biggest impact for me in terms of actually seeing results (and feeling healthier).

And probably trying to do something everyday (instead of killing it a few times a week).

I'm a 10 to 6 guy.

I'd like to be an 11 to 7 guy, but that ain't happening (except on the weekends).

i function best when i am up at 4:30 for my workout. Everything else about getting up at 4:30 is really rough. Getting enough sleep... intermittent fasting. None of it lends to 4:30AM alarm

Explaining to Bumble Girl XXX that she needs to GTFOH at 8:30PM because i need my sleep is a rough one also

I'm in bed around 8:30 and try to fall asleep before 9:30. Up at 4:55 for 5:15 workout.

I'm a 10 to 6 guy.

I'd like to be an 11 to 7 guy, but that ain't happening (except on the weekends).
I’m a 10 to 6 guy, but also wake up most nights around 3 for a bit.

I talked to my doctor and she said, “Our sleep patterns change as we get older.”

I wish I could sleep like you all. That’s the missing piece.

I worked our everyday in January for a little over an hour a day. I did give week of a five day a errk muscle building program. I made legit gains and managed to lose four pounds.

Last edited:
Ph I’d recommend going to bed earlier than 3am if you want to sleep longer.

I’m asleep between 9-10 to wake up at 5:30. So while I don’t really watch tv anymore with that schedule I also get to miss unnecessary stress like wake always blowing road leads against worse teams.

I wish I could sleep like you all. That’s the missing piece.

I worked our everyday in January for a little over an hour a day. I did give week of a five day a errk muscle building program. I made legit gains and managed to lose four pounds.
Do you need to work out over an hour? That seems like more time than needed, but I'm a fatty so what do I know. 45 seems about right for me.

Do you need to work out over an hour? That seems like more time than needed, but I'm a fatty so what do I know. 45 seems about right for me.

Workouts + cardio total time. My workouts are generally 30 min weights, 5-10 min stretch, 20-30 min walk if time allows. Rest days are longer walks. I’ve also added 2.5 hours of volleyball on Monday nights (one of my rest days).

I can’t fall sleep earlier than 2 am. My body just isn’t wired like that. When I was younger, I used to think I was an insomniac. Then as I got older and more control of my own schedule, I just realized that my body and mind doesn’t shut down until very late at night and my mind is on autopilot until late morning.

preach. The bladder does not lie

It sucks. I urinate once most nights and that was never a thing until recently.

So I try to stop drinking like two hours before bed in order to prevent that, but then I'll wake up in the morning with a headache.

I'd rather just get up at 2am to piss.

Workouts + cardio total time. My workouts are generally 30 min weights, 5-10 min stretch, 20-30 min walk if time allows. Rest days are longer walks. I’ve also added 2.5 hours of volleyball on Monday nights (one of my rest days).

I can’t fall sleep earlier than 2 am. My body just isn’t wired like that. When I was younger, I used to think I was an insomniac. Then as I got older and more control of my own schedule, I just realized that my body and mind doesn’t shut down until very late at night and my mind is on autopilot until late morning.
I need to stretch more. I just do a little cardio warm up before weights, 10 minutes worth and then a little more if time allows after, twice a week. Run/walk intervals for a 5K distance on Friday. Try to get a boot camp workout in at least 1 a week so I get a bit of cardio and body weight exercise. Saturday is hit or miss. But all are only 45/50 minutes

Other than not watching much if any tv at night the thing that has helped me turn my mind off is no phone in bed either. I read a book, usually on my older kindle with one of the screens that’s way easier on the eyes than an iPad or phone.

The past few nights I’ve been reading a book downloaded to my phone (bc no kindle version at the library) and it’s noticeably harder to get to sleep reading it off a phone.

It sucks. I urinate once most nights and that was never a thing until recently.

So I try to stop drinking like two hours before bed in order to prevent that, but then I'll wake up in the morning with a headache.

I'd rather just get up at 2am to piss.
Gotta be a enlarging prostate, no? My Pops had to have his trimmed a few years ago. I assume I'll have the same problem and also assume my overnight bathroom trips now are the cause of it.

Yeah I much prefer the occasional midnight wakeups than getting up super dehydrated.

between 3-3:30. every single night.
I also wake up extremely thirsty when I wake up to pee. So I end up chugging some water and then repeating the process again in a couple hours.

Back